Wiki Posts
Search

RC companies GET ON SPONSORHOUSE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by satoch
I tell ya, I get so pissed when I see Haas Avacadoes from Mexico sponsoring a vehicle in NASCAR and we can't get airtime on ESPN. Hell, they have cup stacking on ESPN!!! What the hell is ROAR and IFMAR doing? Why isn't RC on TV?
i agree big races should get on tv in some form. they used to show alot of super cross races and those were pretty hard to get a feel for imo but alot of people watched and loved it.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:33 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i agree. Im a Large Scaler in Mi, there is really no National R/C event without driveing 12 to 30 hrs one way, and then its only OnRoad Sedan or F1. Only currently National OffRoad 1/5th in the States i believe is in Cali.

Roar or IFMAR may cover some of the type of R/C i use, but what is there is WELL outdated, as set up around older less capitble cars, Technology, and exposure.

and yes, we need new Blood where the exposure and R/C guidelines as a whole. the current bodys are all designed around old values, ideas, and especially Technology where surface R/C is concerned.

Timmahh
Old 09-24-2007, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just gave corporate sponsorship a shot because I thought it'd be neat to try. The idea of factory sponsorship doesn't really appeal to me, being told what I can & can't run on my trucks. I'd much rather be sponsored by someone outside of the industry who just wants to get some unique advertising in. My idea of the height of my corporate sponsorship plan in R/C is if I can get someone to pay my entry fees. Any better deal than that would just be icing on the cake for me. I'd be perfectly fine with paying for all my own stuff & doing all my own work on the truck, but racing on someone else's dime.

Right now Clutch Wipes is just giving me a discount when I buy their own products, but it's my first sponsorship and it got started kinda late in the season. I'm taking it just like when I got my first job back in high school: I got my foot in the door now, just keep doing what I'm doing and better things will come in time.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

All of the technology is there for serious RC on TV. We've got over 1300 people on-line watching a one stationary camera webcast with a live audio feed and a simultanious IM of the Nationals!!!

While I appreciate the effort, it is a seriously long way from what I expect from ROAR. We need a TV producer with a few bucks to produce a pilot show for ESPN or VERSA and ROAR won't exist anymore.

After that first episode there will be sponsors trickling in.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

All of the technology is there for serious RC on TV. We've got over 1300 people on-line watching a one stationary camera webcast with a live audio feed and a simultanious IM of the Nationals!!!

While I appreciate the effort, it is a seriously long way from what I expect from ROAR. We need a TV producer with a few bucks to produce a pilot show for ESPN or VERSA and ROAR won't exist anymore.

After that first episode there will be sponsors trickling in.

agreed! rc racing would draw a more interesting audience than the world series of poker or the dominoes world championships any day!
Old 09-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Can anyone tell me why there's not one damned properly updated track list available on-line? Not just ROAR tracks but club tracks and hobby shop parking lot racing too? And why isn't that list included in the instructions with every RC vehicle sold in the US?
Old 09-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me why there's not one damned properly updated track list available on-line? Not just ROAR tracks but club tracks and hobby shop parking lot racing too? And why isn't that list included in the instructions with every RC vehicle sold in the US?
I'm kinda halfway doing one for the midwest area on my Myspace R/C site. Just a name and a location, with a clickable link to the track's webpage.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile
I'm kinda halfway doing one for the midwest area on my Myspace R/C site. Just a name and a location, with a clickable link to the track's webpage.
That's nice, additionally you might want to go on the RCCA site, and other RC mags sites, to list the tracks in the midwest. Frankly ROAR should be doing this but...

Last edited by satoch; 09-24-2007 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Talking

rc pro is definitely trying to "mainstream" R/C nitro racing , but it is alot of work as there still isn't any major outside r/c sponsors to speak of so for now lets all have fun doing what we do and enjoy it because it will get way more spendy of a hobby/sport when it does go bigtime
later ,
Monty Houston "local fast guy"
Old 09-24-2007, 05:44 PM

i think rc should be on tv to! Also I think that the tracks here in GA and TN should apply to be ROAR trackas cause there is more than three that I can name that are not listed and its only 35 dollars to join!
Old 09-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Nitrocross World Championships held by The Nitro Pit this November will hopefully grow the hobby/sport. They are trying to get some corporate sponsors and are working with TV networks for some airtime.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=175601

Hopefully this race will bring RC to the mainstream, it won't be a race to miss!