Community
Wiki Posts
Search

jammin x1 rtr questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 02:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Default jammin x1 rtr questions

I've been slowly upgrading my x1 rtr but I need some further advice. I just added a JP-3 pipe and a proline body. The stock pipe didnt interfere with the body while the manifold on the JP-3 melted clear through it on one tank. Is this a common problem?

I have an OS VG 21 on order but not sure what flywheel, clutch setup to use. It will be on OFNA starter box #10250. I know I will need non pullstart mounts and a nonpullstart flywheel also.

Is there any difference in companies (king heads, dragon racing, or factory) aluminum upgrades that would make a big difference or is it just in pricing?

Forgot, still have the Force 28 engine on it.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i run a proline body with a jp3 pipe and have only a lil rubbing....as far as the clutch, your stock flywheel and bell gear will work just fine, and you can even use your stock engine mounts for now...

i have bought alot of king heads parts for my jammin buggy, and there fit and finish is great, really strong too...
Old 09-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

Iv never tried the king headz but i havent heard of any complaints. I have no complaints with the original jammin/hongnor aluminum upgrades, all I can really say is that they are pretty good quality parts. for the RTR I would suggest that you get the aluminum braces and z brace if you don't have them yet.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

here are Ofna/Jammin part no. that you would need if you want to up-grade for your new engine

40573-35mm flywheel for non-pullstart engine
40623-cnc engine mount 3-pc. mount

and if you need alum. clutch shoes
10011-blue shoes 1.8grams
10012-purple shoes 2.0grams
10013-silver shoes 1.7grams

clutch bells
10430-13tooth
10431-14tooth
10432-15tooth
these clutch bells come with bearings

shim kit