Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how strong of a th/br servo needed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 11:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default how strong of a th/br servo needed?

i was wonder how much of a servo is needed for throttle/brake servo for a 10 scale gas truck? 50oz? i have a few servos laying around. what servos are you guys running? thanks
Old 09-18-2007, 12:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

50 oz. of torque is a little on the weak side. I would sugest something with atleast 80 oz of torque and a transit speed of .15 or faster with bearings and metal gears. I have a Hitec 625 in my AD2 race truck and a JR 590 in my practice truck. Both servos will lock up the breaks and are fairly quick.

Don't go with cheap servos, they get sloppy and can fail at any time.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:58 AM
Tech Regular

Default speed

last year the airtronics 94360 transit;0.07 torque 125 oz and this year hi tech 5996 tg transit 0.1 torque 111 oz and feels just as quick as the airtronics but is way stronger with a 5 year warranty
Old 09-18-2007, 09:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

On a 1/10 scale you don't need a ton of brake. I generally have used JR 590's but they don't seem to last much more than about a year for me (and yes the linkage is set up right). A standard servo worked fine as a temporary replacement but once in a while you need to be able to peg the throttle or brake in the air to correct mid flight. Torque of 50+ oz. is fine since I was still able to lock up the tires with a standard servo, but I would recommend something .15 or faster.