Picco P7 Evo 2

Old 10-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

I tried a 2050 on the jammin motor & couldnt make it run right.For me run right is how it runs with a JP3 (only better milage).Temp at thunder alley that day was around 115 & humid as hell so its not realy a fair test but with the JP3 back on it was able to tune just had no power.Conditions were so bad it was actually hard to breath & team losi couldnt get their motors right either so give it a try if you got the pipe & let me know.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by butch man
I tried a 2050 on the jammin motor & couldnt make it run right.For me run right is how it runs with a JP3 (only better milage).Temp at thunder alley that day was around 115 & humid as hell so its not realy a fair test but with the JP3 back on it was able to tune just had no power.Conditions were so bad it was actually hard to breath & team losi couldnt get their motors right either so give it a try if you got the pipe & let me know.

we just ran a JP4 on one of the lightly modded JPX 21's..it was fantastic.....runtime is well over 10 minutes in a X2, and powerband felt awesome on the track...not quite as much peak power as a 086, but it still wound out very nicely.......
Old 10-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
take the JP-1 off the motor and its feel will change...try a 086 and you will see a significant improvement in trigger feel....of all the pipes I tested on the Picco the JP-1 had the most on/off feel........
well it doesnt really help cause the motor is modded
Old 10-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarleyMf2

thats all we run bud...and the Jp-1 is the culprit
Old 10-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

So maximo in your testing does the JP4 work like a 2050? I only have 1 2050(cant find any more for sale) on my V-spec & dont want to be swapping pipes around constantly but probably can barrow a JP4 if it wont slow the bottom end power build up.The 2060 slows the power enough that I have to change the way I drive & I find the 086 pipes undrivable.I like fast hard low end & dont have much need to hold the trigger longer than 3 seconds at a time.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarleyMf2
you have pm...
Old 03-22-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

i have a p7r evo2 modified motor that is amazing with power all around, my question is that i am struggling with run times. I am getting just over 6 minutes and i really need like 8. I am currently running the 8mm venturi but i am going to switch to the 7mm. Run a turbo head and p3 plug. I currently run a jp3 which seems to work great with this engine. i was also going to try the ofna 086. Also was going to change from running 30% nitro to 25% nitro. Any suggestions as to what else i could do to make it run a bit longer? I know guys that can do easily over 10 minutes with their other brand engines, i just want to get 8 or a hair more. Thanks for any help.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

086 of any brand will increase your run time by a min or more but will change the way your power comes on.I run the jp3 on my stock evo2(& og evo & jammin)mostly & love the power but you gotta take the hit in run time with a stock motor & jp3 thats just how it is no matter what people say about 11 min in buggy. A modified motor I have seen do 8-9 min with that pipe but his modded motor ran different than my stock one,so....I am sure one of the people that swear by this motor will be here shortly.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

i'm only gettin 7min out of my stock p7r evo 2 i'm doing something wrong temp around 225 with 086 pipe.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Driving style has allot to do with run times...If you are a point and shoot driver, you will get less run times than someone who has a smoother trigger finger..before you go freaking out about your low run times, try going our for practice and instead of jamming the throttle open as soon as you break out of the turn, try rolling the throttle to about 3/4 and entering the next turn at a slightly slower speed..Try different variations to see which works better for you and time your tank! I have seen drivers get up to 3 minutes more run time by learning how to be smooth and fast, and not just fast
Old 03-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Driving style has allot to do with run times...If you are a point and shoot driver, you will get less run times than someone who has a smoother trigger finger..before you go freaking out about your low run times, try going our for practice and instead of jamming the throttle open as soon as you break out of the turn, try rolling the throttle to about 3/4 and entering the next turn at a slightly slower speed..Try different variations to see which works better for you and time your tank! I have seen drivers get up to 3 minutes more run time by learning how to be smooth and fast, and not just fast
I understand that, i have been racing for a while. I was able to get easily over 8 minutes with a box stock vspec with the same pipe and fuel. My question was what can i do to improve my fuel economy. I just changed my venturi, I checked my throttle epa and adjusted it. I also ran a second fuel filter. I am going to run 25% fuel and see how the run time changes and will let you guys know. I also have a ofna 086 pipe on order and see if it helps. This is a modified motor not a stock P7R.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:25 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Bulldawg RC
I understand that, i have been racing for a while. I was able to get easily over 8 minutes with a box stock vspec with the same pipe and fuel. My question was what can i do to improve my fuel economy. I just changed my venturi, I checked my throttle epa and adjusted it. I also ran a second fuel filter. I am going to run 25% fuel and see how the run time changes and will let you guys know. I also have a ofna 086 pipe on order and see if it helps. This is a modified motor not a stock P7R.

who modified it now come's into question. some guys dont have the picco's figured like other's do.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Integra
who modified it now come's into question. some guys dont have the picco's figured like other's do.
Modified by Daniel Ielasi, i would think that the european champion knows what he is doing from what i understand. Its an IDM motor, amazing power. I just want to improve the fuel economy. I have always run a vspec but every motor needs different fine tuning and i just want pointers. Integra, what can i do to better the fuel economy? Are any of the other pipes by ofna not such fuel hogs like the jp3?
Old 03-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Bulldawg RC
Modified by Daniel Ielasi, i would think that the european champion knows what he is doing from what i understand. Its an IDM motor, amazing power. I just want to improve the fuel economy. I have always run a vspec but every motor needs different fine tuning and i just want pointers. Integra, what can i do to better the fuel economy? Are any of the other pipes by ofna not such fuel hogs like the jp3?

the only thing i could recommend would be the item you already have on order....all my motor's are done by Maximo of Clockwork who imo know's more about picco's then 97% of other modder's.....so my motor's normally get really good run time...but then again i am running genuine picco plugs and a Dyna 086....you could look into filling the crank with silicone to cut down on a little crank case volume which we have found to help in the fuel economy dept.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Integra
the only thing i could recommend would be the item you already have on order....all my motor's are done by Maximo of Clockwork who imo know's more about picco's then 97% of other modder's.....so my motor's normally get really good run time...but then again i am running genuine picco plugs and a Dyna 086....you could look into filling the crank with silicone to cut down on a little crank case volume which we have found to help in the fuel economy dept.
Will the OFNA 086 pipe be a good choice?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.