Torco racing fuel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Torco racing fuel

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Chad, so what was the issue with the fuel?? Were you running it St. Louis?
Old 09-24-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

todd, can ya call me? I got the KG stuff and I want to order some

Chad, sorry to hear about that man.....
Old 09-24-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ABURTON
todd, can ya call me? I got the KG stuff and I want to order some

Chad, sorry to hear about that man.....
Call ya in the am!!
Old 09-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fast11970
Nothin Wrong with the fuel, I have gone thru over 12 gallons..stop breaking your engines in on the living room table, Its ok to go outside? Or do the neihbors not take kindly to ya? I hope you get you engine back, that should be automatic, I think if Torco thinks it was there fuel that grenaded your Mill, they will make it right, But IMO (In Monkey's Opinion) If you broke it in that way...to bad, I am not a break in Nazi, But mine are way better and they last longer, I average 10 galons a mill, 2 tanks, on the box, one on the ground, next tune is on race day, Run it like ya stole it! If somthin goes KaPlam...Well, the Mill Was probably not good to start with. I would not blame the fuel, I would talk to the Mill manufactures, perhaps they may warrenty it? Unless you deviated from their reccomended Break in proceedure? Then you might just be S.O.L? I often vary from the beaten path, sometimes I am right, sometimes I am wrong, decisions are a risk, you make em, you live with them....
Agreed, I have sold over 50 gallons without one complaint, stuff works great, runs cooler, leaner and has more power then Byron's.

Sorry to here someone had problems, perhaps next time things can be dealt with better. I am still not understanding how any RC fuel can cause any model engine to expire, there are ways but all comeback to mill issues, bearings, shims, rod bushing......
Old 09-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thabiuk
Agreed, I have sold over 50 gallons without one complaint, stuff works great, runs cooler, leaner and has more power then Byron's.

Sorry to here someone had problems, perhaps next time things can be dealt with better. I am still not understanding how any RC fuel can cause any model engine to expire, there are ways but all comeback to mill issues, bearings, shims, rod bushing......
improper amount of lubrication package blended in fuel will definitely cause engine failure quickly .
Old 09-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

Just a reminder guys, if you are going to the Southern Indoor Challenge, TRJ Preformance will be bring about 30 cases to the race. We will have race day deals, no tax, no shipping, no Hazmat.

Also check out the new website, items being added everyday...

www.trjperformance.com
Old 09-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by houston
improper amount of lubrication package blended in fuel will definitely cause engine failure quickly .
Agreed, I would think that you would see something happen withing 2 minutes, It surely does not take 2 minutes to clear out a crankcase, at least I would not think. I think there would be some signs prior to failure to add in the diagnostics.

Just sucks anyone had motor issues, for what ever reason.

Nitromethane does have lubricating properties, minimal yes, but enough to lubricate the rotors of a 14-71 superchager overdriven 80% and the top end of an 8,000 hp motor.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chickenfarmer
had a 1 gallon old vspec go south within 2 minutes of switching to Torco... Talked to steven about it privately as not to stir the pot and he was happy to replace it, I just needed to send in the motor, so I did. He acknowledged he received it and that he had ordered a vspec to replace mine and also a few plus 4's for a few other people that had the same issue. Now, from the sounds of it Steven is no longer at Torco but tells them that he took care of my problem. And Torco pretty much tells me I am SOL....

Live and learn I guess, next time I will make it public.

It's a big bummer. I had made it public and everyone said I was full of crap. Then they got the photo's and all my posts deleted about it. I had refused to send my engine into him and repaired it at my own cost. You can't even get yours back to repair. I wonder how many other people have actually gotten screwed by Torco.

Just a reminder. with these 3 samples the Torco on the left was out of the same case that messed up my engine. The enter sample is Prime 25%. The one on the right is Torco that came out of a different case.
Something wrong with Quality Control?

Old 09-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Kinda what I was eluding to..If you have bad gas it stinks before the poopin starts, if you ignore that..buy more tissue. I wish no ill will to any racer, mills are frikin spensive, but we all make choices, some better than others, If you go back and look, it appears to me there are several factors that may have contributed to the failure, one is the method, I still think the heat applied was exsessive, breaking down any impreagnated oil in the metals, thus,...Seisure.

It sucks to waste cash..but we all live an learn, I have blown a few break in's in the past, trying the Monkey way, live,Learn, And Evolve..I dunno what happened, however from my perspective, I do not think fuel was an issue...

IMO.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

once again , i have never once had a bad gallon of byrons , ever
Old 09-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by houston
once again , i have never once had a bad gallon of byrons , ever
Me Either, Never had an issue , I switched to Torco For the reasons above, It makes more power, has great smoke, and the lube lets me race longer for less money. I would not hesitate to run Byrons if needed, I am just getting better performance and longevity running Torco, If you can trust it in a 10k Engine, I am sure its ok in a 300.00 mill, RC racers use around a Gallon a month if they race ALOT..1:1 Cars use about four gallons in 11 seconds....

Why would they risk the income for the 1:1 fuel sales for a $600.00 dollar max hush up payment? Unless they had a real reason?

Economically..there is no sense, I ran a buisness, still do, Bad publicity costs money..Quality speaks for itself. Sometimes you just have to stand behind your product,your system,and your ethics..and say no..not my products fault.

It seems there are alot of folks that run RC and have not had an issue with this fuel, perhaps you just had a run of bad luck, the stars aligned and shone a black light on you..It happens...
Old 09-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fast11970
Torco, If you can trust it in a 10k Engine, I am sure its ok in a 300.00 mill,
The Nitro itself is good. The problem lies with the quality control when they are mixing the oil blend into it.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigmatt
can you at least get your old mill back?

probably not.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

Can you guys that have had problems email me at let me know what happend, when you get time.

I am not going to get in the middle, at least I would like to further educate myself of a possible problem, albeit it seems to be a very issolated one.

As far as I know Steven is still there, I deal with the office. They including Steve have always been great.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

I dont wanna be in this war..I aint had any issues with the Juice. If there was a bad batch, I feel for you guys. I will keep running it. It is an has worked great.

Monkey is Out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.