Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
RC Tracks for 1/8th scale in Arizona. >

RC Tracks for 1/8th scale in Arizona.

Old 08-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all,
was a die hard race up to 1 1/2 years ago,sold all my stuff & I have longed to get back into it but all my friend that I raced with for 5 years plus, no long are into it, Before i go out & spend thousands of dollars I am looking for some help as to what tracks their are now in Phoenix,last i raced @ was the hobby action in tempe, but they have since moved & closed the track, I would like to get back into 1/8 scale truggy class & buggies, possible 1/10 stadium trucks, any help will be greatly appreciated. I really miss the raceing & the cool people that were involved, Thank for any info you could spare.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Tech Rookie

I am very new to 1/8th also. The track I went to recently was The Nitro Pit. It is in surprise @ speedworld. It is a great track!
Old 08-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Cole welcome back to the fold, check the racing forums in rctech and then you can either see the phoenix area, racers, srs, papago, bigtimerc, threads as you will soon learn that since hobby action closed down, racing has gotten bigger. The nitro pit is a world class facility with one of the biggest tracks in the country, Papago raceway is right down in Tempe and a lot of guys go there for fri. or weds. nite racing, and srs has opened their track up to 1/8, and even though the track is tight it is still very fun with a 1/8 buggy. Your hardest decision will be deciding where to race now.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I made this list on another site

[hr]

Nitro Nutz- Nitro Nutz is Arizona's Premier R/C Off-Road track. We have 3 different classes 1/8 scale buggies, 1/10 scale Stadium Trucks, and Monster Trucks. The facility has tables, electrical outlets, air compressor, and race result print outs. The races are $10 per class, with a cash payout to the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place winners.

[hr]

Scottsdale R/C Raceway (SRS)- SRS has two different tracks, an off road track and also an on road asphalt track. Classes on the outdoor track are 1/10 Electric Buggies, 1/10 Electric Trucks, 1/10 Gas Trucks, 1/8 Buggies, 1/8 Truggies and also 1/10 Monster Trucks (must have a .21 sized engine or below).

Iam not sure about the classes on the asphalt track, if someone knows what the classes are I will add it on.

[hr]

Kiwana's R/C Raceway- Some people say it is the best track in Arizona! Kiwana's R/C Raceway is open to all Off-Road classes(must have 4 cars per class) Fees are $6.00 1st class & $5.00 each remaining classes
Club Members $5.00 & $4.00 (Club fees $20.00 a year)

CASH PAYOUTS FOR 1st. 2nd. & 3rd. A-Main

Practice is Wed. Fri. & Sat. 7:00 - 11:00pm (free!)

Location: For more info & directions E-Mail Ron @ [email protected]

[hr]

Hobby Town Tucson- More info coming soon...

[hr]

The Nitro Pit- Words by Ross Deny,

"The Nitro Pit has spared no expense in creating the ultimate offroad facility for the racers, by the racers~! There has been over $50k spent on this facility and we are not done.

The Nitro Pit is nothing short of a World-class racing facility that is also in a Motorplex which encompasses 344 acres of raw racing excitement...come for the R/C and enjoy the 2 drag strips, 2 motocross tracks, 3 oval tracks, R/C Planes, and The Nitro Pit. There is no other facility of this kind in the World~! We have built a premier facility based on knowledge accumulated by traveling the entire United States attending races. The owners of the facility are factory sponsored drivers and have decided to create right here in their back yard what they have had to travel to other states to practice and race.

If you have never been to a track, come experience the help and support that you can get from Professional racers. We promote a safe and enjoyable environment that everyone will appreciate spending their time. Also, we will make sure it is worth your time as last year at our series, we gave away over $10,000 in cash and prizes~! And this year it will be nothing short of that~! !"

Novice $10
Sportsman $13
Expert $15

[hr]

Papago RC Raceway-

Classes we race:

1/10 Gas Truck 2wd
1/8 Buggy (.21)
1/8 Truggy (unlimited)
Monster Truck
1/5 Buggy 2wd (HPI Baja, Duratrax FireHammer)

Track size- 150ft X 125ft / 12 foot Lanes Continuous
PIT- 30ft long w/ 6 foot wide lane

Old 08-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you for the track info, it is greatly appreciated,when i got out of raceing i was stuck on the Hot bodies stadium pro truggy (loved the truck) but parts were hard to find locally, I found myself ordering everything i needed on line or on the phone from out of state hobbies shops,I also like the sport werks mayham pro, Do these trucks still rank among the top? what types of truggies & buggies are the best of the class that are easy to get parts for here @ local hobbies shops. How is the new Revo 3.3 for monster trucks races @ the tracks do you have to modify alot to make them competative? Once again thank you for all the info.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey Cole! The Nitro Pit is owned by ex hobby action racers Kenny Brosh, Todd Jonas, Ross Denny and myself. We decided to open a facility when HA closed and committed to raising the bar on what we believe a nitro facility should be. I think you will really like what you see. You can check it out at:

www.thenitropit.com

I would definitely choose a truggy over a monster truck if you plan to race. The monster truck class has really died out as a result of the truggy boom.

As for truggies, the Kyosho ST-R and Jammin Truggy are the two most popular at the pit. Followed closely by the Losi 8t and Mugen truggy. You really can't go wrong with either but if you race at the pit you will definitely have more access to team support by choosing Kyosho or Jammin.

At the Truck nats this year a Kyosho earned TQ while a Jammin won the title so you know they both work very well. Myself, I choose Kyosho...
Old 08-28-2007, 06:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Here is a link to a 6 minute video clip from this years Nitro Challenge held at The Nitro Pit. It will give you a good idea of what the track is like. You can see the full 30 minute show at www.thenitropit.com.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Q0j...elated&search=
Old 09-25-2007, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shocker
Here is a link to a 6 minute video clip from this years Nitro Challenge held at The Nitro Pit. It will give you a good idea of what the track is like. You can see the full 30 minute show at www.thenitropit.com.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Q0j...elated&search=
Cole let me say welcome back i myself is new to Nitro racing and the first time i went to the pit i was amazed on how awsome the track was and Kenny, Trever, Ross, and the racers their are top notch in my book by far my favorit track i've been to im from Lake Havasu City, AZ and the 3hour drive is worth it