Community
Wiki Posts
Search

i need help fast

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 06:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Default i need help fast

i started my tmaxx and it ran and then i drove it around for about 2 minutes before it wouldn't move. you could hit the gas and it would rev ,but it won't go any where. I think that it might be the transmition. do you have to put any transmition fluid in it? the guy that i got it from said he didn't worry about it. that is how it got messed up
Old 08-23-2007, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

when you rev it does theclutch bell and spur gear move? if so i would check slipper settings and if it isnt loose then try shifting to reverse and back.. none of those work? then open up the tranny and check for broken pins or gears..

rc cars dont use tranny fluid. only fluid i can think of is the halogen fluid that comes with the ram light kits
Old 08-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default i need help again

the motor had shifted over so it would not turn the transmission gear. but i have a new problem. i have just recently installed an ofna roto start and didnt replace any other parts. i know it is not the roto start because none of the gears are stripped out. i think that the shaft that turnes the motor is worn out and needs to be replaced. it is a shaft that has a hex head but it is smooth. i am not sure how it works though. the bearings were replaced before i got the car.

Last edited by jacked up truck; 08-23-2007 at 05:53 PM. Reason: i dont like the way i wrote it
Old 08-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default try this

try to put a forward only kit in it or and take the opty drive out
Old 08-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Cheak the epa