Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR 1/10th Off-Road National Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default ROAR 1/10th Off-Road National Question

Hey Guys,

What do you think the turn out would be if ROAR combined the 1/10th electric and 1/10th fuel Nats into one event? They could call it The ROAR 1/10th Off-Road National.

I was recently at a race that combined 1/10th and 1/8th scale vehicles. The track was sweet and I had a great time but was a little big for 10th scale trucks.

Let me know what you think

Thanks
Kevin Boyle
Old 08-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

To be honest, and it sucks because I'm a big fan of the class, I don't know that we can "save" 1/10th scale nitro off-road at the national level. As it is, the industry (customer base) just doesn't support the class.

I do think that combining the class with electric would be a nice idea. However, the racers already attending that event to run electric would be spread too thin. Many racers at the electric race are already running 3 classes, and I don't know how keen many of them would be on adding a 4th class.

For sure, making MT and gas truck their own event would not work. There are not enough racers making the trip to the Nationals just to run these classes to warrant its own event. These classes at the Truck Nationals have been majorly supported by the manufacturers and racers already running in the 1/8th scale truck class. Separating MT and gas truck would kill both of these classes at the national level.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Tech Addict

Perhaps if you combined monster truck with truggy for its own race. Then I'd still say 1/10 elec. and nitro together.
I don't think its about getting the guys running electric to run nitro also, its about giving 2 groups with lower numbers a prestige race to attend. Although it would be a good idea to expose the 1/10 nitro guys to quality electric racing.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

If the goal is simply to provide a venue for racers of (sadly, dying) classes to compete for a national championship, they can piggyback onto any existing event. Maybe gas truck with the electric race, and MT and 1/8th scale truck, is a good start?

I talked to a couple people who ran at the Truck Nationals in North Carolina, and they mentioned that there were too few heats to try to run all three classes. 1/8th scale truck is, arguably, the most popular class in the U.S. right now and the turnout for the ROAR Nationals wasn't very impressive. Yes, there are many factors that could've caused the low attendance (not the least of which are a busy race calendar, and last month's worlds-qualifying buggy Nationals) but still proof that the 1/8th scale truck class does not warrant its own event, at least for 2008.