R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   OCM KAOS DOMINATING (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/177559-ocm-kaos-dominating.html)

zixxer 08-17-2007 05:45 PM

OCM KAOS VIDEO

Here is a short video of Team OCM USA manager Alan Burton Strolling to the victory at the finals in the Alabama Borderwars Points series .....It looked like the kaos was on rails and it didnt take Buton long to work his way through the pack and walk away with the win ......enjoy:nod::nod::nod:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J3BC6Boasgk

satoch 08-17-2007 06:05 PM

Is it just me or were there only like 4 cars in that race?

Slippery 08-17-2007 06:15 PM

Looked to me there was only 4 other cars also :confused:looking at the competition all he had to do was stay on his wheels as the others were crashing every where :eek::eek:Lets see it at a Major champs with team drivers:D

SkeeryJones 08-17-2007 06:29 PM

you guys are mean :D

it was near the end of the main, so prob the other 6 cars already bomb out :sweat:

zixxer 08-17-2007 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by SkeeryJones (Post 3591382)
you guys are mean :D

it was near the end of the main, so prob the other 6 cars already bomb out :sweat:

and so there was one smart person that read the post :lol:.....30 min main 13 buggies :ha:

Nay0k 08-17-2007 06:58 PM

Must've been a pretty low level of competition if 8 drivers dropped out :ha:

bushyar15 08-17-2007 07:15 PM

There's some pretty harsh words here...

Who hasn't flamed out or broke during a main regardless or experience. I've seen sponsored guys break, flame-out, or other situations that had them out....

To assume it was a "low level of competition" comes from someone that really hasn't raced much....

roscoe71 08-17-2007 07:22 PM

i still will not buy an ocm after the magor problems i had with mine heck it was shipped to me in an old shoe box not the cool mugen bag they showed it the pics.

Nay0k 08-17-2007 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by bushyar15 (Post 3591495)

Who hasn't flamed out or broke during a main regardless or experience. I've seen sponsored guys break, flame-out, or other situations that had them out....

To assume it was a "low level of competition" comes from someone that really hasn't raced much....

Sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong when you say I don't have alot of experience, so please don't talk about what you don't know. Besides, I was only kidding, note the emoticon...

flysti 08-17-2007 08:05 PM

point is the car finished first, the other thing is OCM are very good with after purchase support.

the car has made A mains in big & small races world-wide in the hands of very different drivers as far as abilty is concerned.

OCM are very commited to the product they (the people) are very much racers them selves.

now cause OCM is a newer company to the market people feel they are second rate & feel the need to bash the product, when infact OCM have got on top & have fixed any issues that have come about, faster than any of the "large" manufacturers ever have. now OCM have put together CARE PACKAGES to send out to all that purchased the car. many other CO's could learn a thing or two from these people in-relation to customer support.

at the end of the day people get all political over toy cars, whilst competition is always a healthy thing i think its certain people spoil it for others.

bushyar15 08-17-2007 08:07 PM

Oh, I apologize, I meant to say, "Not much experience racing Nitro". There's a difference between racing nitro vs. electric. :)

See that emoticon....it means I j/k.....

Originally Posted by Nay0k (Post 3591528)
Sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong when you say I don't have alot of experience, so please don't talk about what you don't know. Besides, I was only kidding, note the emoticon...

zixxer 08-17-2007 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by bushyar15 (Post 3591495)

agried the compettition was pretty high for local racing.....i quess alot of peolple just post alot ...any ways just wanted to post some video of the ocm .....its an awesome ride ...not sure about the shoebox thing and the parts that they did have a problem with have been updated ......and are available ......the real problems were a little to soft plastic in the diff housings which caused a heat and expansion issue and then the diff cups were just a touch to short ..other than that really there arent many problems with the kit .....and all the new kits are updated and those parts are available ....seems like most of the people who are running them are having good things to say :nod:later

zixxer 08-17-2007 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by flysti (Post 3591643)
point is the car finished first, the other thing is OCM are very good with after purchase support.

the car has made A mains in big & small races world-wide in the hands of very different drivers as far as abilty is concerned.

OCM are very commited to the product they (the people) are very much racers them selves.

now cause OCM is a newer company to the market people feel they are second rate & feel the need to bash the product, when infact OCM have got on top & have fixed any issues that have come about, faster than any of the "large" manufacturers ever have. now OCM have put together CARE PACKAGES to send out to all that purchased the car. many other CO's could learn a thing or two from these people in-relation to customer support.

at the end of the day people get all political over toy cars, whilst competition is always a healthy thing i think its certain people spoil it for others.

absolutely agried.....its nice to have an input and be able to get parts updated on a new product ...and the customer support is awesome ...alot of times people hate based on r/c cars they dont own ...its easy to do that .....and your right ocm seems to be winning lots of races world wide and here in the states ....:nod:

K.Copeland 08-17-2007 08:28 PM

Love the "fast" line through pit lane :) Congrats on the win.

fhm555 08-18-2007 12:13 AM

Regards the "problems" with the OCM.

The buggy has only been available in the US since late march and every one of the initial issues have not only been addressed, but anyone who bought one before the fixes were implemented can get a free update kit simply for the asking. I've been fooling with 8th buggy since the MP6 and I have never seen a new buggy without some issues, but OCM is the only maker I've seen who not only got the issues figured out and corrected very quickly, they are also giving early supporters of their product the fix for free. They even ship it on their dime.

All of the initial problems with getting the kits and parts out to owners were not the fault of the maker or Burton, it was all on the distributor which is why that relationship was disolved as soon as the problem was identified and responsibility shifted to the race team manager to insure the distribution problem was also solved in a timely manner.

In short, OCM is totally committed to a quality product and a reliable (and quick), distribution system and has no problem putting their money (and rep), where their mouth is.

Try to keep these facts in mind next time you order a new MP777 or MBX5R, and the factory and aftermarket hopups you need to make the car raceworthy. There are issues with the MP series which date back to the Turbo Burns, same with the Mugen, they are still using the same iffy diff cups and soft cast internal diff gears which first appeared in the MBX4. Considering the length of time these issues have been known, one can only assume the makers simply don't care enough about their customers/product to correct them.

It's easy to sit on the sidelines and dogpile on the new kid on the block, what seems to be hard for so many these days is giving credit where it's due.

***soapbox returned to the stowed and locked position.***

Merciless 08-18-2007 02:26 AM

fhm555 Wrote

The buggy has only been available in the US since late march and every one of the initial issues have not only been addressed, but anyone who bought one before the fixes were implemented can get a free update kit simply for the asking. I've been fooling with 8th buggy since the MP6 and I have never seen a new buggy without some issues, but OCM is the only maker I've seen who not only got the issues figured out and corrected very quickly, they are also giving early supporters of their product the fix for free. They even ship it on their dime.

Believe TM did this ?

All of the initial problems with getting the kits and parts out to owners were not the fault of the maker or Burton, it was all on the distributor which is why that relationship was disolved as soon as the problem was identified and responsibility shifted to the race team manager to insure the distribution problem was also solved in a timely manner.

In short, OCM is totally committed to a quality product and a reliable (and quick), distribution system and has no problem putting their money (and rep), where their mouth is.

Try to keep these facts in mind next time you order a new MP777 or MBX5R, and the factory and aftermarket hopups you need to make the car raceworthy. There are issues with the MP series which date back to the Turbo Burns, same with the Mugen, they are still using the same iffy diff cups and soft cast internal diff gears which first appeared in the MBX4. Considering the length of time these issues have been known, one can only assume the makers simply don't care enough about their customers/product to correct them.

I can see no point in bashing on other kits, It's the OCM i thought you were interested in ???

After all you guys seem very upset that people are talking down your kit. As for hop-ups needed to make a Mugen race ready, I myself used to race one and can assure you it done very well making the A main at nearly every event i entered with it and coming in the upper third at my first nitro "national" meeting with nothing more than a different set of springs from out the box.

It's easy to sit on the sidelines and dogpile on the new kid on the block, what seems to be hard for so many these days is giving credit where it's due.

Not seen one go yet, so no comment on how it will go, But with it looking so much like a cross between the Mugen and an Xray i fail to see how it could be bad

***soapbox returned to the stowed and locked position.***

SkeeryJones 08-18-2007 02:55 AM

fact is every new buggy has had its problem. even xray's first batch had problems.

i think a few people are s$%@ing on this thread coz the title of the thread :sweat:

Nay0k 08-18-2007 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by bushyar15 (Post 3591647)
Oh, I apologize, I meant to say, "Not much experience racing Nitro". There's a difference between racing nitro vs. electric. :)

See that emoticon....it means I j/k.....

Yeah, it's called dry humor buddy. You might want to check that out.

rabidsquirrel 08-18-2007 08:05 AM

A win is a win. No matter the race or turnout. You take them when you can get them.

You showed up, you had your crap together, executed, and lady luck smiled upon you. This is what racing is.

satoch 08-18-2007 09:42 AM

I race with Billy Easton quite often. I've seen the vehicle up close and have seen Billy "dominating" a really tough group of racers with it. It's a good vehicle but nothing special.

annie_himself 08-18-2007 10:18 AM

Congrats and all but I'd hate to have to watch that race, looks like they installed stock motors in there rides.

skeller 08-18-2007 12:11 PM

All agreed that EVERY major company has had it's share of production and cutomer service problems?

We're not trying to bash the name or reputation of the other brands, all we want to do is show what our product is capable of and our dedication to our customers. There are alot of good brands out there.....even without people posting on forums the quality and level of performance of the OCM Kaos would spread among the r/c community, and it is, even as we type.;)

We would like for these forums to be geared more toward the people who are interested in the buggy/truggy or people who have helpful info for our current customers. I realize that this is a public forum but, if you want to bash our stuff, do it on your thread. All I'm asking for is the same level of common courtesy that you would expect from anyone else.

Thank you, SKeller

punkracer24 08-18-2007 06:16 PM

i do like the pit lane drive through on the second or third lap in the video:lol: nice drivin burton you always had a nose for the fast line lol j/k

leon

bushyar15 08-18-2007 07:47 PM

Well, I hope OCM can do something about the diffs.

Mine blew its rear diff during the Main.... I've yet to take it a part to see what exactly the damage is.

I can say one thing though, up to that point it was awesome! Handled really well, drove really well. I really liked it...

I hope they address this issue....

FlyByWire 08-18-2007 09:31 PM

O bviously
C oppied
M ugen

:lol:

Nah, Ive seen one run, and they look pretty decent for such a new car.

zixxer 08-18-2007 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by bushyar15 (Post 3593693)
Well, I hope OCM can do something about the diffs.

Mine blew its rear diff during the Main.... I've yet to take it a part to see what exactly the damage is.

I can say one thing though, up to that point it was awesome! Handled really well, drove really well. I really liked it...

I hope they address this issue....

they have fixed the the diffs ...check up a few clicks ...better little stiffer plastic the originals were soft and had som expanding issues .....email them they will send you updated parts ....:nod:

bushyar15 08-19-2007 05:33 AM

Interestingly enough, people actually confused it with the Xray. Most said it was the shock towers that threw them off. Alot of people were impressed with it.

But after I broke, most people thought that I would have been better off with an Xray or Mugen. Thats a problem a new company faces. They have to do it better than the "establishment". People already have serious doubts about new/unproven companies, so when something breaks and they see it, it confirms their doubts...

IF OCM can get me the parts, I'll be running it at the Colorado State Championships next weekend. Hurry up OCM :)

Originally Posted by FlyByWire (Post 3593917)
O bviously
C oppied
M ugen

:lol:

Nah, Ive seen one run, and they look pretty decent for such a new car.

roscoe71 08-19-2007 08:11 AM

my ocm was a second run car wich was a very bad run for ocm i think if im right it was competion products that went with a different manufacture and basicly they went cheapo on plastic and metal the problem bushyar15 is having with his diff is the bulkhead is way to soft allowing the diff to flex inside i know this cause mine did that very thing causing the diff to flex and bind i noticed it when i had it running on my starter box. that was the beef i had with mine now my friend just bought the 4th generation car last week after ocm parted ways with their distributer and it looks like a quality car came with the cool bag and plastic is 100% better and the new metal looks better as well. i still have yet to see him run it that will tell if ocm fixed the problems but from just looking at the new car i would say yes they fixed it. i was very pissed off when i called luther at comp. prod. and asked for new parts and never received anything including returned email and that made me VERY biased against ocm so if ocm has parted ways and will have a better product in the future then thats good. but dont bash on me for the post i posted above cause when i spend 500.00 of my hard earned money on a peice of crap and get 0 parts support ya i tend to be alittle biased and rude.

punkracer24 08-19-2007 08:33 AM

i can tell you that it was competition products fault on why you got a bad run and just fyi competition products is a very reputable distributor sooo something tells me that it was more on ocm not listening to recomendations:nod: from CP. but it sounds like they have finally got the message on what needs to be fixed and alan will do well once the newer kits get out to the consumers

mugenlife 08-19-2007 09:41 AM

never blew up a diff in my mugen either...besides having 2 seals on the spur/outer diff ring gears they are stock....

skeller 08-19-2007 10:07 AM

There weren't ANY problems with the diffs themselves, the prob. was the bulkheads, Alan and I tested 3 different brands of diffs in the original bulkheads and had the same problems. The new bulkheads have already been run by several team, and non-team drivers with no problems at all. Alan has about 2 gallons on his car with the new bulkheads and 2nd batch diffs with no problems as well. If you purchased a vehicle.....from any batch that had defective parts....contact Alan Burton and he will take care of you.

This car is as solid as any other car out there with excellent customer support.

skeller 08-19-2007 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Coming soon...........

bushyar15 08-19-2007 10:18 AM

I'm a bit concerned. I hope OCM doesn't do to me what Team Magic has done to me.

I like giving the "underdog" a chance, since I know what its like to run a business, but by the same token, I don't want to spend a wad of cash on something that only has support if any, for a short duration before the company brings out a "new and improved" version leaving the "loyal" customer to have to fork out another 500 plus bucks for the new one.

Thats what Team Magic has done and I hope OCM does not do the same thing.

I like my DT-19 but if a new kit is what it takes to get a better buggy (than my std) , then I'm going to take my money to Kyosho, Mugen, Xray, or one of the established brands that stick with a design for at least a year and I know that the previous years model is solid...

Now I'm not asking that OCM give away the "EVO", but how about a discounted price to those that already have a previous version...

Don't let me down OCM!!!

Originally Posted by skeller (Post 3594900)
Coming soon...........

zixxer 08-19-2007 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by bushyar15 (Post 3594473)
Interestingly enough, people actually confused it with the Xray. Most said it was the shock towers that threw them off. Alot of people were impressed with it.

But after I broke, most people thought that I would have been better off with an Xray or Mugen. Thats a problem a new company faces. They have to do it better than the "establishment". People already have serious doubts about new/unproven companies, so when something breaks and they see it, it confirms their doubts...

IF OCM can get me the parts, I'll be running it at the Colorado State Championships next weekend. Hurry up OCM :)

on your parts contact Alan Burton at [email protected]

if he hasnt gotten em to you he will be glad to hook you up.....he is comminted to getting those first few problems and any others handled....
Ya i thought the same thing when i saw it for the first time kind of a best of both worlds situation hybrid between a mugen and an xray ......good luck at colorado...and then also stuff breaks i bet once the updated parts are in the doubt will be long gone :nod:

zixxer 08-19-2007 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by bushyar15 (Post 3594927)
I'm a bit concerned. I hope OCM doesn't do to me what Team Magic has done to me.

I like giving the "underdog" a chance, since I know what its like to run a business, but by the same token, I don't want to spend a wad of cash on something that only has support if any, for a short duration before the company brings out a "new and improved" version leaving the "loyal" customer to have to fork out another 500 plus bucks for the new one.

Thats what Team Magic has done and I hope OCM does not do the same thing.

I like my DT-19 but if a new kit is what it takes to get a better buggy (than my std) , then I'm going to take my money to Kyosho, Mugen, Xray, or one of the established brands that stick with a design for at least a year and I know that the previous years model is solid...

Now I'm not asking that OCM give away the "EVO", but how about a discounted price to those that already have a previous version...

Don't let me down OCM!!!

And from what i can tell they will ship you a little care package to get the kaos up to snuff....i know it would include the parts to make the diffs solid ......ie... bulkheads and such ...just shot him an email to the addy i gave above ......later

oh and also one little side note they had a major problem with there email server at one point about 2-3 weeks ago so if there was any lack of communication that was prolly the cause......also you may want to check this thread as well for updates and info.........http://techtalk.teamtrinity.com/tt/s...ad.php?t=11783

skeller 08-19-2007 10:55 AM

On the EVO, I personally don't know what the plan is as for as only "upgrading" the current kit to the EVO. As soon as I find out I will relay the info to everyone.

ABURTON 08-19-2007 12:08 PM

[email protected]

Hey guys, look if I can help anyone please let me know. We did have a few issues early on but we have really gotten them resolved. I'm not going into all the stuff with the past distributor or why we parted ways but I feel we are much better off. We have much more stock, better customer support, and shipping is much better now that it is under our control.

I do have updated parts for you ocm guys and if you got a shoebox kit I'll even send you a bag out!

I'm trying to show people that this is in fact a good buggy. We have a great team and I will announce the signing of a couple more of the nations top drivers soon!

Just send me a email and lets get goin;)

Thanks,
Alan Burton
Team OCM USA

bushyar15 08-19-2007 12:18 PM

Hey Alan,

I believe I sent you an e-mail via the OCM America Site. If I could get those parts prior to the 25th of Aug that'd be great. I know its asking alot, but its our BIG State Race. I'll even pay for the quicker shipping.

Just want to be up and running for the big weekend!

Thanks

Ricky Bobby 08-19-2007 04:03 PM

Well,I own a hobby shop in ohio,And i stock the OCM,I bought in just after i seen Billy Easton run his at Dirt Country in the midwest proseries,And thats when they were with COMP,And Iam here to tell you from a hobb shops point of view Iam sure glad there are not with them..And yes they had few problems with the car and the shoe box,But they have turned that around,I have one and two buddys that run the OCM car,Infact Matt(breezy) Took
5th in the Ohio proseries. And his car was the first gen and has never had a issue with the diffs or its plastic.I must say I do beleave in this car and its company or i would not sell it at my shop or evan race one myself.Get a hold of Alan if you need anything for the your OCM buggy.He will take care of you.I still had one of the old kits And i was planning on giving it away at the Ohio proseries finals I had been talking to alan and he 2 day me one of the Updated kits to replace the old kit.And i gave away the new kit at the race.I can tell you there is not one Big manufacture that would do that.NOT ONE.So give ocm a chance and keep your eyes open you will see OCM at the big races

tony montana 08-19-2007 04:20 PM

I have seen this car run and I think it handles well by watching it. I agree with the last post, how many other manufactures will send you updated parts for free? i I think alan is doing a fine job with representing ocm well. If I can ever have enoungh money I may be purchasing a updated kit myself. Who cares if it looks like a mugen, xray hybrid, those 2 cars rock.