Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
OCM KAOS DOMINATING >

OCM KAOS DOMINATING

OCM KAOS DOMINATING

Old 11-14-2007, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Lance, I want to make something clear with you. Even thought this is confusing and I know it is. When you speak of being up supported for 2-3 months you are speaking of me and my work ethic.

You have had the car and I can provide you many receipts of me shipping produc to you. I can provide you with many, many emails of us discussing things. That seems like support to me. That comment coming based of of you recieved a improperly machined engine mount. As did 25 other people. I told you OCM is making more and I would take care of you as soon as they arrived. I also even told you a temp fix for that mount. I also offered to purchase you A one piece mount to get you going. I'm sorry to be so direct but out of several hundred buggies sold it seems you are the only one who can't get his buggy going due to an engine mount.

Please be fair in your comments. I have helped you and spent many hours talking with you, shipping items to you, etc. I would also like to continue. You have not been unsupported.

AB
Old 11-14-2007, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Chad, don't set fire yet! Although that would be a neat video try to hang in there. Like we talked about these changes are gonna help free me up. Two people can not do the business OCM USA was starting to do. THis should work out for us.

Cody,

Hang in there bud. I can't blame you at all for being frustrated but it was simply a mistake on our part.

Guys, anyone who has pre paid for a truggy will still get it. It takes time for them to get to USA via containership.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so in short
all will go on as before
with goods being distributed from Mr. HO's offices in LA

ok alan full spped ahead again..
Old 11-14-2007, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Dear OCM supporter,
I usually dont post on forums and such but I felt this is one time
that I should to clear things up.

Firstly I would like to apologize to everyone for the huge mix up with
news OCM is closing in USA. It couldn't be further from the truth. We
have come a long way with the buggy and we would like to thank Alan
for the excellent and hard work he and the OCM team has done the past
few months.

To further clarify, this mistake was a "lost in translation" so to
speak and the correct info was to restructure the company in USA. The
past 3 months have only been a temporary fix to get quick service to
existing customer back then with the issues we had and operated from
Alan's home. We are now at the point where we can grow with lots of
new products coming, truggy, RTRs and some other goodies so guys hang
in there its coming.

Again sincere apologize for everyone.

Cheers,
Theo
Old 11-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Holy $hit Batman,Alan this as to be the crazest mixup, I have seen.Thats HUGE.I was ready to burn all my OCM stuff,And that sucked I just got my buggy the way i wanted it.Not to mention i was wondering what buggy i was going to run this weekend at the nitro fest.Well I am glad to here it was just a mistake,The fire will be put on hold.And Iam still in on a couple of the truggy's and parts for the shop.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hmmmm....

Wonder what happened.... I'm pretty certain Alan didn't mis-understand anything. I think OCM ltd got a flood of e-mail, and changed their mind...

I think with the first e-mail/post its pretty clear. I don't think anyone would publish words like that unless their intent was clear. As a business owner, you aren't going to do something to scare away business, especially accidentally by "minced" words...

While this is good news, It makes me very suspicious. It makes it clear to me that OCM ltd could pull the plug at any time.

So, I'm not sure I want to continue with OCM at this point.

Again, I hold nothing against Alan, he's done nothing but a great job!
Old 11-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

talk about a mix up i was ready to jump on the associated ban wagon. NOT NOW OCM ALL THE WAY JUST DONT SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN.

Alan, what sway bars do you run on your buggy. i was going to buy some differant ones for indoor, when this all started. i have the 2.9 in the back and the 2.3 in the front. im thinking of getting some thinner sway bars on at least the rear

Big sigh or releaf on my part and my buggy is now not for sale or trade!!
Old 11-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Alan got 2.1 mm bar up front
Old 11-14-2007, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

sweet friend cant afford a mugen for xmas so i think this will do
Old 11-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugenlife
i hate to say it but the kaos turns and handles better than a mugen for less and with less tinkering...just my .02
Old 11-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

it took a 30sec change to get my OCM to cut under the losi and the associated turning is not a problem on these buggies
Old 11-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugenlife
Originally Posted by CHogle
it took a 30sec change to get my OCM to cut under the losi and the associated turning is not a problem on these buggies
i feel ya brother ....everyone whos driven mine at the track ...and its quite a few that have on factory ride alongs ...has said wow dude that thing goes excatly where ya point it ....and doesnt have a hard time doing it .......and i really dont have a terribly agressive steering set up And forward bite omg its stupid with the right tires for any given track ......

i run 0 deg on the onboard toe out and set it my self ....so when you see zero ...i forgot to put that its 1 deg of toe out in front
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
SetupSheet2.pdf (314.5 KB, 125 views)
Old 11-14-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Alan sorry if you and others took what I posted, as the car being unsupported for the last {2to 3 monthswhere was that stated?} as in reference to you please accept my apology.But after receiving email from you stating from you ocm was leaving USA base and they have been looking for distributor to no avail I took that as being unsupported.Lance
Old 11-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Lance, understandable. We will get you fixed up and you know you can email me anytime.

Bushy.....please don't read to much into it. It was a HUGE MISUNDERSTANDING. OCM already had this plan in place as airfare has already been booked, etc....nothing more. Please hang in there. I will always be upfront with you guy

AB
Old 11-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Cody, yes I have been running 2.1 on front and stock on rear. Hey since you guys are indoor try my latest setup and see how it works on that track. It worked really well for me on a outdoor super blue groove track

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.