R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   OCM KAOS DOMINATING (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/177559-ocm-kaos-dominating.html)

nobike 09-04-2007 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by KForce (Post 3642835)
np ab....nobike i believe ab has a test buggy for sale...i am sure he can elaborate the details to ya...

kyle

cool thanks i will pm him

bushyar15 09-05-2007 05:00 AM

So, does this mean the EVO kits came in?

If so does that mean we go through one of the shops listed below to obtain the EVO kits?

Originally Posted by ABURTON (Post 3642739)
We had some of the new CNC steering ackerman plates come in today as well as our new rear outer hingpins. These have a allen head and a nut to prevent the arm from seperating in the event of a little tumble!

I also have a sample of what will be our "one piece" motor mount! It's rough staged right now but looks pretty good and should work well for us.

I also will be weighing our EVO kit asap. We should have saved a little weight. The shock towers have material removed from both the front and rear. I have not stuck them on a scale but they are lighter. Looks very good!

Of course we have the new longer shocks that now come with the medium blue springs.

Screws are now packaged all together which allows for easy location and overall the kit is better organized.

I have been running our optional 48th spur gear as well. It has a little more pick up and on anything but the biggest tracks you would never see the loss of top end..

Last but not least, the alum. rear hubs should be coming in very soon...

Oh...and the hardcoated chassis is doing very well! I have not noticed the 1.5 oz we save by using it but it does wear better:)

Thanks and check out the website @ www.ocmamerica.com

ABURTON 09-05-2007 08:07 AM

Let me call around and see who has the newest kits...

I know jtec racing has some on the way, I'll shoot ya a email art...

bushyar15 09-05-2007 11:26 AM

Cool, I hope I was clear that I'm looking for the "upgrade" kits as opposed to the complete EVO kits....

Thanks!

cbd5336 09-05-2007 08:53 PM

will race my OCM for the first time this weekend together with 2 others OCM guru's....wish us luck guys :D

ABURTON 09-05-2007 11:33 PM

Ok guys....1 am and I'm through wrenching for the night. I was
building the newest batch of kits(EVO) and I think you guys will be
impressed! So far kit has been well organized and no missing parts or
screws. We have seperated the screw into one bag and it's much easier.

Shocks are great! We gained a lot of down travel front and rear. One
thing that really impressed me was the up travel! When you smash the
chassis to the ground and lift the wheel up it had little more to
offer. Now...we have almost 2 inches, and I am not stretching it;)
When I get my calipers going I'll measure it. It's significant!

Overall I am very impressed and can not wait to get it on the track;)

I'll get some pics at latest by the weekend showing everything!

I just measured and it's 1.5 inches uptravel. That is over 1inch from the current version!

bushyar15 09-06-2007 04:06 AM

okay, so now that I'm totally drooling to get my evo kit, how do I get it?

Originally Posted by ABURTON (Post 3646432)
Ok guys....1 am and I'm through wrenching for the night. I was
building the newest batch of kits(EVO) and I think you guys will be
impressed! So far kit has been well organized and no missing parts or
screws. We have seperated the screw into one bag and it's much easier.

Shocks are great! We gained a lot of down travel front and rear. One
thing that really impressed me was the up travel! When you smash the
chassis to the ground and lift the wheel up it had little more to
offer. Now...we have almost 2 inches, and I am not stretching it;)
When I get my calipers going I'll measure it. It's significant!

Overall I am very impressed and can not wait to get it on the track;)

I'll get some pics at latest by the weekend showing everything!

I just measured and it's 1.5 inches uptravel. That is over 1inch from the current version!

ericsp2 09-06-2007 06:53 AM

hey al. I tried some longer shocks on the front and still had the same amount of droop as the stock ones. I found that the steering links limit down travel. when I disconnect them the droop increase is significant. have you noticed this??

ABURTON 09-06-2007 03:11 PM

I just built the new kit and gained a few mm's in the front and a few in the rear. You can only go so far before the linkage system will bind. If you look at most of the cars they have more available droop in the rear. Also watch putting longer shocks on the stock towers. The shock will actually bottom before the chassis and/or you will have zero uptravel.

bushyar15 09-06-2007 04:57 PM

Alan, did you send the info regarding where to p/u an evo kit?

ABURTON 09-06-2007 05:24 PM

Art I ran out of the shock sets so give me a bit and I'll get everyone else taken care of.

Hey email me @ [email protected]

I don't have your email anymore

lance 09-07-2007 08:46 AM

ocm kaos dominating

Just purchased Ocm Kaos from amain hobbies.Reading all Poasts here got me to wonder what I bought. [new updated parts.What is all included with this?Now new ocm evo kits being shipped.This is all getting confusing.]How do I know what kit I got when I receivw it?Thanks Lance

skeller 09-07-2007 10:39 AM

E-mail Alan Burton at the link 2 posts above. He should be able to tell you what you've got. If by chance you got an older kit without the updated bulkheads he will send you the new ones for free.

The EVO parts are optional.....they will bolt directly onto your standard kit if you so choose to get them and are now also being sold in an EVO kit however, the standard kit performs exceptionally well and is what I will continue to run for a while.

rdeppen 09-07-2007 10:53 AM

Lance don't sweat it. If you just got the kit from A-main you have one of the newest kits for sure. As Skeller said above the EVO is an upgrade kit. It's not mandatory it just a handfull of option parts.

ABURTON 09-07-2007 12:55 PM

TN STATE RACE(BURNS, TN)

Hey guy, we are headed to TN for the state race. Hopefully we come
back with a state title for buggy or the new truggy. If it's a great
day maybe it can be both!

We will have some stout competition and probably expect 150 racers to
turn out!

Wish us luck and I'll be back in monday morning. This will also be the
first race on the new EVO DT-19 buggy;)