Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Torsen diff Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Tech Adept

Default Torsen diff Help!

Hello guys. I am in a confuse state right now and need help here. I just purchased a Fioroni centre torsen diff from ebay which says its for kyosho mp777 and 7.5 . Its second hand stuff. The problem now is that I cannot fit it in my MP777 sp2. The drive shaft from 1 end to the other is longer than the stock diff found in the buggy. And the centre bulkheads wont fit perfectly at one end .I have contacted the owner and he said it was used on his Mp 7.5 before. Is it possible that the MP777 sp2 and 7.5 diffs are of different lengths? Please help. I have also attached pics. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Torsen diff Help!-17082007138.jpg   Torsen diff Help!-17082007139.jpg  
Old 08-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sodom
Hello guys. I am in a confuse state right now and need help here. I just purchased a Fioroni centre torsen diff from ebay which says its for kyosho mp777 and 7.5 . Its second hand stuff. The problem now is that I cannot fit it in my MP777 sp2. The drive shaft from 1 end to the other is longer than the stock diff found in the buggy. And the centre bulkheads wont fit perfectly at one end .I have contacted the owner and he said it was used on his Mp 7.5 before. Is it possible that the MP777 sp2 and 7.5 diffs are of different lengths? Please help. I have also attached pics. Thanks
Yes, the 7.5 is marginally longer than the 777. Not much but enough not to fit the holes in the chassis.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info AreCee. Anyone else got any opinions? IS there any modifications that i can do to fit it? feels like its a waste as its not cheap
Old 08-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sodom
Thanks for the info AreCee. Anyone else got any opinions? IS there any modifications that i can do to fit it? feels like its a waste as its not cheap
i would return it to the person you bought it from that did not know enough to inform the buyer. or that the buyer did not know that it would not fit. i am sorry that this is rough but it is the best and fastetst way to correct the problem. i also have not had a KYOSHO of any type however, if it does not fit it does not fit. i hope you find what your looking for. i went through all the same pains as i was and am still learning about r/c.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks AzBobby. Yeah i will send it back to him. Thanks for the input