Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JP V Spec any reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Default JP V Spec any reviews?

hey guys I have heard good things about the V Spec and the EB mod version also and thinking of getting one for my MBX5R but I found out that JP made a V spec version. Do you guys have any feed back on the JP engine perform, reli,etc is it worth $450? any feed back will be much helpful.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I do not see any point in buying a mod motor unless you can already put VERY low consistent lap times in. The stock v-spec is an animal already...
Old 08-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

can you even buy them anymore? and i know there is 0 parts for them.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i ran the jp vspec in my mugen truggy, its a sick engine. most likely youll never find a track where u can use its full potential........my advice is buy it if your wallet is fat enough!
Old 08-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I know this thread is about the JP modded v-spec, but I had a chance to see some one use the O.S. Speed version of the v-spec at our recent pro series race. It was in one of the intermediate classes, but the car actually looked like is was about to lift off the ground and catch air going down the back stretch. It was insane and obviously overpowered, i also saw 2 guys running stock v-specs put a lap or 2 on him. So what does that tell ya?
Old 08-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

its all about the driver of the car. I hate the stock vspec it sucks a@@ compared to the ebmods and the speed. the stock motor its to much of a light switch very hard to drive and it tosses bearings every 3-5 gallons. the ebmods has more power and a smother power band. I found that i was much more consistent with the ebmods motor and I have ran one ebmods past the 10 gal mark with the original tko's that they prepare the engine with. my speed is sooo smooth and soo powerful its a awesome motor for my heavy crt truggy. all the power you would want with run times 8.5-10 min. I will never buy a stock vspec for 275 +40 in bearings when you can buy a EBMods Vspec for 375.
thats my 2 cents if you are a descent driver and know how to setup your vehicle you can use the ebmods and love it
get a os 2050 or 2060 pipe to match or a jp3 is ok to
Old 08-15-2007, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tdeal823
its all about the driver of the car. I hate the stock vspec it sucks a@@ compared to the ebmods and the speed. the stock motor its to much of a light switch very hard to drive and it tosses bearings every 3-5 gallons. the ebmods has more power and a smother power band. I found that i was much more consistent with the ebmods motor and I have ran one ebmods past the 10 gal mark with the original tko's that they prepare the engine with. my speed is sooo smooth and soo powerful its a awesome motor for my heavy crt truggy. all the power you would want with run times 8.5-10 min. I will never buy a stock vspec for 275 +40 in bearings when you can buy a EBMods Vspec for 375.
thats my 2 cents if you are a descent driver and know how to setup your vehicle you can use the ebmods and love it
get a os 2050 or 2060 pipe to match or a jp3 is ok to
Thanks I heard the eb mod version is good and Ed has done a P5 for me back in he day.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I feel the Stock V-spec is all a person will ever need. Granted the Eb Mod is smoother but it doesn't make a big enough difference that a average driver will even notice. The 07 V-spec has the upgraded bearing and the stronger case so you won't have any bearing issues. My advise get the stock one and save $100.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DRKWNG
I feel the Stock V-spec is all a person will ever need. Granted the Eb Mod is smoother but it doesn't make a big enough difference that a average driver will even notice. The 07 V-spec has the upgraded bearing and the stronger case so you won't have any bearing issues. My advise get the stock one and save $100.
I AGREE 100% Smoothness is in the hand of the controller! Throttle control, Mine has never felt like a light switch.

There is a perfect section of our track that illustrates that perfectly. their is a set of double jumps on the front strech you have to just barely roll over then another single jump right before you gun it to clear a hugh Triple, you then end it by flowing over an off camber jump that goes down and around another turn and your on your way. This area demands smoothness and if your not smooth you'll over jump the double single, and come up short on the triple. Then your screwed, and most likely will end upside down, or nosed into a railroad tie.

The V-spec is smooth enough to get the job done with ease. plus my local hobby shop sells the stock 07 v-spec for $259.99 No new bearings needed!
Old 08-16-2007, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
I AGREE 100% Smoothness is in the hand of the controller! Throttle control, Mine has never felt like a light switch.

There is a perfect section of our track that illustrates that perfectly. their is a set of double jumps on the front strech you have to just barely roll over then another single jump right before you gun it to clear a hugh Triple, you then end it by flowing over an off camber jump that goes down and around another turn and your on your way. This area demands smoothness and if your not smooth you'll over jump the double single, and come up short on the triple. Then your screwed, and most likely will end upside down, or nosed into a railroad tie.

The V-spec is smooth enough to get the job done with ease. plus my local hobby shop sells the stock 07 v-spec for $259.99 No new bearings needed!
Best price I've heard! What is the name and # of your local hobby shop?
Old 08-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

It's the Hobby town USA in Omaha Nebraska AKA The Hobbyplex. I'm pretty sure they don't take orders, but who knows they might. # 402-498-8888

Taxes and shipping will drive that price up, your best bet is to buy it in person if your close.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
It's the Hobby town USA in Omaha Nebraska AKA The Hobbyplex. I'm pretty sure they don't take orders, but who knows they might. # 402-498-8888

Taxes and shipping will drive that price up, your best bet is to buy it in person if your close.
come on Matt, you know the Plex doesn't do mail order or anything like that
Old 08-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

how do you know the vspec is an 07 version?
Old 08-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
come on Matt, you know the Plex doesn't do mail order or anything like that
They did once for some guy with a plane engine. but your better off going to the store anyhow!
Old 08-17-2007, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SkeeryJones
how do you know the vspec is an 07 version?
Batch codes on the box, and you can call O.S to confirm. They move so many of them at our store, that it would be a fluke to get an old one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.