Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ONCE YOU GO NITRO YOU NEVER GO BACK....LOL

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ok Andy, and Skeery, this ones just for you guys. Make it a clean fight!

Oh yeah, click the link to get this show on the road!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...=1#post3596313
Old 08-19-2007, 09:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

andymoore is just a little wannabe who just spams for j-concepts and gets paid with free pats on the back and "good boy" by brad
Old 08-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
Ok Andy, and Skeery, this ones just for you guys. Make it a clean fight!

Oh yeah, click the link to get this show on the road!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...=1#post3596313
Excuse me but you just placed that ring in the middle of my hang out.

See smileys.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rocket42
Also before its demise, people ran on WATERED tracks with step pins, There wasn't any soft tires that wear out in 5min. People run 1/8 scale now and tracks are generally watered although since all your electric crybaby pros started racing gas and there is more on the line we are seeing more 1/8 scale races being run with a dry track. buts its still not so bad because a set of knuckles will last thru a 45min main.

Electric racing became very expensive and prototype tires became common at large races and we had battery technology that far exceeds our usage and haven't changed our rules.

So the cycle begain electric offroad died out and everyone started racing the newly invented touring car class because it was cheaper at the time. Now electric touring car racing has gotten so expensive that 1/8 scale offraod seemed cheaper to race at the time, (about 5 years ago) Now 1/8 offroad is getting outragously expensive with $500 engines and blue groove tracks. I am sure you will see electric becoming much more popular when the powers that be stop fearing and start embracing the technology. There is no reason why every electric track in the country hasn't been racing at least 10min. mains. and 15 min. are possible if the people are willing to work with there vehicles to achieve run time instead of all out power.
Good points. In the last year, I tried to support the local nitro track by racing my BL + Lipo truck there, but I've become so spoiled over the years on perfect blue groove indoor offroad tracks that running on a big blown out nitro track felt more like bashing and less like racing. And I know that's just because of my electric offroad background. If I had started out racing nitro, I wouldn't have such a snobbish attitude. IMO, I'd like to see outdoor nitro tracks get a little more TLC and indoor electric offroad tracks get a little more water. It's not fun going through a fresh set of tires every week on a nice indoor offroad track and it's not fun spending hours every week cleaning/rebuilding after running on a blown out nitro track. Regardless, we racers will always find something to complain about.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:17 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by SkeeryJones
andymoore is just a little wannabe who just spams for j-concepts and gets paid with free pats on the back and "good boy" by brad
So your not playing. I noticed he came down on that guy for a little friendly smack talk.
That member satoch had a smiley after his comment. That usually means all in fun respectfully.

Maybe I'll come back later.?
Old 08-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Excuse me but you just placed that ring in the middle of my hang out.

See smileys.
I'd rather the flood happen there rather than here!
Old 08-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

frankly i race both electric and nitro, both are good for vaious reasons. but to say electric is more harder is b.s and ignorant
Old 08-19-2007, 09:34 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Rocket42
The way I see it the hey day of offraod electric was much more like gas racing than it is today, In the early days, cars had to race 5min. (ifmar) on 1200 scr cells. Which means not only did motors have to be geared down, if you got out to a big lead then you had to conserve a little power. Similar to Gas and pits stops. Many people restrict there engines and such to get better mileage.

Also before its demise, people ran on WATERED tracks with step pins, There wasn't any soft tires that wear out in 5min. People run 1/8 scale now and tracks are generally watered although since all your electric crybaby pros started racing gas and there is more on the line we are seeing more 1/8 scale races being run with a dry track. buts its still not so bad because a set of knuckles will last thru a 45min main.

Electric racing became very expensive and prototype tires became common at large races and we had battery technology that far exceeds our usage and haven't changed our rules.

So the cycle begain electric offroad died out and everyone started racing the newly invented touring car class because it was cheaper at the time. Now electric touring car racing has gotten so expensive that 1/8 scale offraod seemed cheaper to race at the time, (about 5 years ago) Now 1/8 offroad is getting outragously expensive with $500 engines and blue groove tracks. I am sure you will see electric becoming much more popular when the powers that be stop fearing and start embracing the technology. There is no reason why every electric track in the country hasn't been racing at least 10min. mains. and 15 min. are possible if the people are willing to work with there vehicles to achieve run time instead of all out power.
Originally Posted by Leodis
Good points. In the last year, I tried to support the local nitro track by racing my BL + Lipo truck there, but I've become so spoiled over the years on perfect blue groove indoor offroad tracks that running on a big blown out nitro track felt more like bashing and less like racing. And I know that's just because of my electric offroad background. If I had started out racing nitro, I wouldn't have such a snobbish attitude. IMO, I'd like to see outdoor nitro tracks get a little more TLC and indoor electric offroad tracks get a little more water. It's not fun going through a fresh set of tires every week on a nice indoor offroad track and it's not fun spending hours every week cleaning/rebuilding after running on a blown out nitro track. Regardless, we racers will always find something to complain about.
This is good stuff here. These guys are getting some where.
Its a viciuos circle. One seems to always chase one to another. One will be hot and then the other. In my area we still water heavily and even between heats some times. Out door electric is dead,COMPLETLY. Gas truck is surviving but 1/8th scale is thriving. The selling point is they don't break. The motor will last the season and tires will always cost you an arm and a leg. Fuels getting crazy to. I'm going to give it another go, I've been out for a while. Right now electric lipo brushless is as cheap as it gets.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Leodis, if you want to race where outdoor offroad tracks are getting a bit more attention and proper maintainance then come to Chicagoland. People gave me crap for insisting on it at first but the 8 tracks around here are really shaping up. BTW, It's all nitro in the midwest.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by satoch
BTW, It's all nitro in the midwest.
Yep, Nitro rules here in Nebraska aswell, but we do have a good turn out in electric aswell. we run both of them on the same day.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by satoch
Leodis, if you want to race where outdoor offroad tracks are getting a bit more attention and proper maintainance then come to Chicagoland. People gave me crap for insisting on it at first but the 8 tracks around here are really shaping up. BTW, It's all nitro in the midwest.
Same here all nitro. Till winter in the KC area.(Midwest)
The races start at 7:00pm and we start watering at 12:00pm.
The mains are awesome when the dew comes up. And it helps save on tire wear.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Tech Lord

Yep, Nitro rules here in Nebraska aswell, but we do have a good turn out in electric aswell. we run both of them on the same day.
One or 2 electrics here. I was one. SO I'm going gas.
In the winter electric is good indoors.
But all the indoor dirt is oval racing in the summer.
Man oval is the biggest draw around here. Year round they just pack'm in.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
One or 2 electrics here. I was one. SO I'm going gas.
In the winter electric is good indoors.
But all the indoor dirt is oval racing in the summer.
Man oval is the biggest draw around here. Year round they just pack'm in.
Really? Uggg, I can't stand dirt Oval, that died out around here about 10 years ago. I tried racing it with my Losi xxt once, and I beat all the modified, oval sprints.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Tech Lord

Really? Uggg, I can't stand dirt Oval, that died out around here about 10 years ago. I tried racing it with my Losi xxt once, and I beat all the modified, oval sprints.
I hear ya. No disrespect but I just never could get into it. The oval stuff just doesn't' get the heart rate up for me.

Now 1/8th scale I can get into. Electric truck and hopefully 4 wheel buggy this winter.
There are I think 3 oval tracks around here maybe 4.?
Old 08-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

We could never combine nitro and flashlights here. Not enough hours in a day. Come winter time at Leisure Hours we have an average of 100-120+ entrants every Sunday for indoor nitro. Buggy mains down to D & E's and truggy to C & D's. Maybe one 1/10th scale and 2 MT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.