Spektrum DX3.0

Old 08-13-2007, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Spektrum DX3.0

I have a DX3.0 about 4 months old and I encountered a problem with Grip Level B that controls the Steering Dual Rate Trim Adjustment.
I can increase the % rate but not decrease it at all.

Is there a problem with the transmitter? Or did I accidentally switched on a setting to not allow it to be reduced.

Can anyone help me?
Old 08-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Anyone who can help?
Old 08-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

sounds like a problem with the radio...there is nothing that will control being able to move it up or down besides the button...
Old 08-13-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
sounds like a problem with the radio...there is nothing that will control being able to move it up or down besides the button...

hi Jason,
I thought so too. Just found from another guy that he has the same issue with his DX2.0
Very frustrating considering that I'm from Asia and not willing to ship this back to Hobby Horizon to get it fixed.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

sorry to hear that....i would look on the B/S/T forum and see if you can find a used one for $50 to $60...

Good Luck, Jason
Old 08-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What % is it stuck at?

It's been a while since I had this radio, but I remember running into a similar problem. Keep in mind that dual rate is only a percentage of the EPA. Try this and see if it works; set your dual rate to 70% (the default value). Then set your EPA. Now see if you have the flexability you want.

If your EPA is too high it might make sence that your dual rate is not going as low as you would like.

From the DX3.0 manual...
The Steering Dual Rate Trim Adjustment, located at Grip Lever B, allows the dual rate value (maximum servo travel) to be increased or decreased within a range from 100% through 20% of the total end-point value established in the steering EPA function. This function is very useful in race conditions as it allows you to custom tailor the steering radius and sensitivity for the current track conditions. Please note that since the Dual Rate value shown in the “STG” screen is the percentage of the end-point value established in the steering EPA function, the value will not always increase or decrease each time the Grip Lever B is moved.
You might also need to make a mechanical adjustment to the servo horn, but I think your problem can be fixed with the TX settings. I think your EPA is probably not set right.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:20 AM
Tech Master

Hi,
i have no issues to reset it to 70%. But whenever I increase it % by %, it just won't go down. The EPA is not even set at the max of 125. I've tried various EPA setting and each time I move the rate up, it just won't go down.

Originally Posted by SKOT
What % is it stuck at?

It's been a while since I had this radio, but I remember running into a similar problem. Keep in mind that dual rate is only a percentage of the EPA. Try this and see if it works; set your dual rate to 70% (the default value). Then set your EPA. Now see if you have the flexability you want.

If your EPA is too high it might make sence that your dual rate is not going as low as you would like.

From the DX3.0 manual...

You might also need to make a mechanical adjustment to the servo horn, but I think your problem can be fixed with the TX settings. I think your EPA is probably not set right.