Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD :[

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Initiate

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD :[

i just got a nitro rustler and i put the car togetter and now it want start any help with the EZ-start system:flaming :
Old 08-04-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

read the instructions... bring it back to the hobby shop you bought it from and ask em to show you how to start it
Old 08-04-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What is the truck doing? Will the ez start not turn over, or will it just not fire! If it seems like its locked up, pull out the glow plug turn the truck over and hook up the ez start, hit the button, if it is still stuck, pry it loose with a screw driver and try again! If alot of fuel comes out it was flooded, if not because it is so new its still not broke in and the pinch of the sleeve is realy tight, but once you start it, and run it for awhile it will be much easier to start, its just the first times that it will be realy difficult. If its not firing, make shure that both lights are lighting up on the ez start control box, if only one is on then their is no power to the plug, and maybe the plug went bad!
Hope this helps!
Old 08-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

tell us what it is doing.. need a little more info...
Old 08-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Tech Initiate

i put the battery in the EZ-start and when i put it in to start it no lights come on and this is the first time i took it out the boxs so its not flooded and idk how to cheack the glow plugPLZ HELP GUYS IT WOULD MAKE ME SUPER IF YALL DID
Old 08-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Did you charge the stick pack? Just have to ask the simple questions first.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Tech Initiate

i found out it was not charged sooo i chareged it for like 1 hour and unpluged the glow plug and screw it out the engine and pluged it back up but it smoke for like a second and then the power lite when out then the glow plug when out
Old 08-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It sounds like the battery is dead! Make shure the battery is charged if you have just a wall charger the battery is not charged until its warm, not hot but warm, if its a peak detection charger the same rule applys! If you still have issues and you think the batt is charged, then you do need to go to a hobby shop, and ask in person for help my friend!
Old 08-04-2007, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Yes, what J said. Go to a hobby store and ask them for info when starting out with nitro. Always FULLY charge the batteries before running a nitro vehicle. If you think there charged, try again. you don't want to have the throttle lock in the open position and have a run-a-way. CHARGE YOUR BATTERIES!!! Make sure to read your instructions and watching the DVD that comes with the car helps also.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Initiate

when is the enigine soppose to start turning
Old 08-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

If the batteries are charged, all the EZ-Start harness plugs are in good shape, the yellow ground wire to the block is secured, the tank has fuel, the fuel lines are routed correctly, the glow plug is ok....then insert the EZ start wand and push the red button. The electric motor should start turning the engine over instantly.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You charged the stick pack for an hour...on what type of charger? Is it a wall charger that comes with your car? Wall chargers take 6+ hours to charge a stick pack...

You should take it to your LHS, bring some paper and a pen, and WRITE DOWN what they tell you to do with the car
Old 08-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Tech Champion

Uh, one more thing. If you are using the Ez-start charger that came with the vehicle, there is a green light to indicate the battery is charging. When this light goes out the battery is ready for use. It will take several hours for the first charge. This charger kind of sucks but it does the job for new drivers who don't own a charger. And it's kind of adaptable to a few other things. Nothing you need to know about yet.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sounds like your very excited to try to drive this thing. Gotta remember these are machines and require alot of FULL time directions and gotta be patient, charge the batteries overnight. And if you are one of the many that got your first RC online and try to go to a LHS to get the whole scoop its kinda offending to them and would suggest to try to get all your info on here. Theres gotta be a Rustler thread on here somewhere. But if you did get it at LHS bring it there and they would gladly be happy to help get it going and mostly break in engine for ya and tune and all the good stuff. Well good luck.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Tech Initiate

ok now im concedring getting out the hobby i charged the battery and the engine turns over but the glow plug wont work and idk how to tell of it is still good

PS.i have never even put gas in the tank

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.