Like Tree23Likes

Kyosho ST-RR

    Hide Wikipost
Old 10-19-2017, 10:14 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho ST-RR
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: tobamiester
Current running upgrades/Mods people are doing to this truck late 2016/early 2017.

-Chassis Options
m2c2850 KYOSHO STRR EVO WEIGHT FOWARD TRUGGY

-Engine Mount Option
IFW102 - Blue narrower Mount. Allows you to put Lock Nuts on top of screws that hold the Mount plates in.
Agama motor mount AGM6206

-For MP9 Knuckle conversion
Kyosho IF419 MP9 Knuckles
Kyosho IFW436 16degree Hub Carrier
Kyosho IF420 Knuckle Arm Collar (slightly thinner than STRR one)
Kyosho IF467 Long King Pin

-Strengthening upgrades
King Headz KP-360-BLK Front Torque Arm
King Headz KP-372RR-BLK Rear Torque Arm (extended chassis)
King Headz KP-300LB-BLK Lower Front Holder B
King Headz KP-300UL-BLK Front Upper Holder L
King Headz KP-329 Rear Brace Mount
IS157 Hardened Diff Case from Psycho Kruiser
IGW002GM Alum Rear Hubs
HB Outdrives #67197

-Replacing C-Clip Hinge Pins on Inner Susp Holder
HPI 109848 Hing Pins
Racers Edge/KFactory RCEK8034 Pins (Very hard to find)
or
Replace complete A/B/C/D Blocks with:
*M2C m2c2510 KYOSHO ST-RR/ EVO REAR TOE BLOCK
*M2C m2c2520 KYOSHO STRR EVO TRUGGY FRONT LOWER ANTIDIVER KIT


-Servo Saver Mod
IFW450 MP9 SS Alum Upper Arm
IF417 MP9 SS Lower Assembly

(See http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=4112 for full pics and description).


-Performance Updates
IFW327BL Blue Narrow Hexes (typically run on front).

-Bodies Options
RC8T Bulldog Body (discontinued late 2016).

Print Wikipost

Old 06-23-2010, 01:36 PM
  #781  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 217
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

just picked this up

chaserogers14 is offline  
Old 06-23-2010, 01:44 PM
  #782  
Tech Addict
 
pntmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 506
Default

Looks real nice, lets see inside. Are you running the RC8 rear mounts or another mod?
pntmachine is offline  
Old 06-23-2010, 02:22 PM
  #783  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 217
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

its is more or less the stock st rr but im using losi mounts on the rear I think though that if the rc8t mounts are a little taller it would look and line up better. as far as body off shots its nothing spectacular just have some extra stuff inside
chaserogers14 is offline  
Old 06-23-2010, 02:27 PM
  #784  
Tech Addict
 
pntmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 506
Default

It looks great, is that the RC8 punisher body? Also are you running no offset hubs with the offset wheels?
pntmachine is offline  
Old 06-23-2010, 02:34 PM
  #785  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 217
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

no my no offset hubs will be with me when i meet with my friend i just threw my 1/2 offsets on for the picture plus im planning on using 1/2 offset so they wont go to waste
chaserogers14 is offline  
Old 06-24-2010, 11:16 AM
  #786  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 277
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Well, I have a st-r with some st-rr parts on its way to me. At least that is what the ebay add said. It has a new chassis, new body, spare parts (arms, diffs), and is missing shocks and center drive shafts. The truck is clean, which was another shock. The tittle for the add was mis-spelled so I won the truck for $116, I think I got a good deal. The plan is to do an electric conversion on it, but I don't see many people talking about these truggys anymore. Really look forward to getting this bad boy. How would I be able to tell what is st-r on the truck and st-rr?

here is a link to the truck I won

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1154

Robert
wyattroa is offline  
Old 06-24-2010, 11:46 AM
  #787  
Tech Master
iTrader: (95)
 
afr0sch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,259
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wyattroa
Well, I have a st-r with some st-rr parts on its way to me. At least that is what the ebay add said. It has a new chassis, new body, spare parts (arms, diffs), and is missing shocks and center drive shafts. The truck is clean, which was another shock. The tittle for the add was mis-spelled so I won the truck for $116, I think I got a good deal. The plan is to do an electric conversion on it, but I don't see many people talking about these truggys anymore. Really look forward to getting this bad boy. How would I be able to tell what is st-r on the truck and st-rr?

here is a link to the truck I won

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1154

Robert
I almost bid on that truck. You've got to get a few parts to get that thing going. Only has 1 diff, no shocks, you'll need the extended center CVDs also for the RR chassis.

Shop for those on ebay from the guys parting out STRR kits. Should be able to get some deals.
afr0sch is offline  
Old 06-24-2010, 12:14 PM
  #788  
Tech Addict
 
pntmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 506
Default

I saw this as well. The chassis and rear brace seem as the only thing that might be RR. Some areas can't be seen. If the Uni's are black they are the lightend RR's if they are steel they are the R's and may want to change them. If the front plate behind the bumper is gunmetal color it is the R, if its silver its the RR. The front hubs are pot metal crap and are R for sure. Change them to King Headz or the RR upgrades. The brakes look as if they are not the RR acre bonded but if you are going electric they won't matter. Big Bore shocks and longer shock stand off's are needed. The diffs if the truck is very old could be the softer metal R diffs but I would run them till they were a problem and then upgrade or buy some RR's to have on hand. The rest looks doable and as the other guy said find some tear downs on ebay and you will be more than happy with this truck!!
pntmachine is offline  
Old 06-24-2010, 12:36 PM
  #789  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 277
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pntmachine
I saw this as well. The chassis and rear brace seem as the only thing that might be RR. Some areas can't be seen. If the Uni's are black they are the lightend RR's if they are steel they are the R's and may want to change them. If the front plate behind the bumper is gunmetal color it is the R, if its silver its the RR. The front hubs are pot metal crap and are R for sure. Change them to King Headz or the RR upgrades. The brakes look as if they are not the RR acre bonded but if you are going electric they won't matter. Big Bore shocks and longer shock stand off's are needed. The diffs if the truck is very old could be the softer metal R diffs but I would run them till they were a problem and then upgrade or buy some RR's to have on hand. The rest looks doable and as the other guy said find some tear downs on ebay and you will be more than happy with this truck!!
I will take some more pictures when I get the truck in. I figured for the price I couldn't go wrong. I have been looking over ebay auctions already and scanning them for the parts. I will have a better idea of what I need. I will check out the spare parts that come with the truck. You are sure it is the RR chassis on it though? Seems the only thing I need to get it up an running is the shocks, center cvd's, and brushless motor mount to get it in running form since I have all electronics.

I am not going to be racing this at all, just running around the local parks with some friends. From what I have read it seems to be a durable truggy.
Robert
Robert

Last edited by wyattroa; 06-24-2010 at 12:47 PM.
wyattroa is offline  
Old 06-24-2010, 12:43 PM
  #790  
Tech Master
iTrader: (95)
 
afr0sch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,259
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wyattroa
I will take some more pictures when I get the truck in. I figured for the price I couldn't go wrong. I have been looking over ebay auctions already and scanning them for the parts. I will have a better idea of what I need. I will check out the spare parts that come with the truck. You are sure it is the RR chassis on it though? Seems the only thing I need to get it up an running is the shocks, center cvd's, and brushless motor mount to get it in running form since I have all electronics.
Robert
The seller mentioned only 1 diff. I asked him if it was a center diff and got no response. Might as well get the good metal STRR diffs while you are at it.
afr0sch is offline  
Old 06-24-2010, 12:47 PM
  #791  
Tech Addict
 
pntmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 506
Default

Originally Posted by wyattroa
I will take some more pictures when I get the truck in. I figured for the price I couldn't go wrong. I have been looking over ebay auctions already and scanning them for the parts. I will have a better idea of what I need. I will check out the spare parts that come with the truck. You are sure it is the RR chassis on it though? Seems the only thing I need to get it up an running is the shocks, center cvd's, and brushless motor mount to get it in running form since I have all electronics.
Robert
The chassis is RR, if you look at the bottom pic there are two screws close together buy the motor mount holes. Those are the rear chassis brace screws and the RR takes 2. The R version only took one screw but it did have a thru hole so you could run a longer screw and put a washer and nut to keep from having the brace pop off. The RR ball does not but I have yet to loose one. Good Luck and keep us posted when it arrives.

I agree that you will want to upgrade the diffs to the harden RR's. If you are going to be bashing this truck you better buy you some spare front a arms and skid gaurds!!!! Might want a spare gas tank as well or pad it for sure, I put mine on a carbon fiber plate.

Last edited by pntmachine; 06-24-2010 at 12:58 PM.
pntmachine is offline  
Old 06-24-2010, 01:02 PM
  #792  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 277
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pntmachine
The chassis is RR, if you look at the bottom pic there are two screws close together buy the motor mount holes. Those are the rear chassis brace screws and the RR takes 2. The R version only took one screw but it did have a thru hole so you could run a longer screw and put a washer and nut to keep from having the brace pop off. The RR ball does not but I have yet to loose one. Good Luck and keep us posted when it arrives.

I agree that you will want to upgrade the diffs to the harden RR's. If you are going to be bashing this truck you better buy you some spare front a arms and skid gaurds!!!! Might want a spare gas tank as well or pad it for sure, I put mine on a carbon fiber plate.
wont have to really worry about the tank since it will be a brushless conversion. I will look into getting the new diffs. I am watching some spare parts on ebay now, from what I had read the truck could take a good beating and was a tough truck. Was I wrong..lol? Either way I look forward to getting her running.

Robert
wyattroa is offline  
Old 06-24-2010, 01:21 PM
  #793  
Tech Master
iTrader: (95)
 
afr0sch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,259
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

I'm looking for an STRR to convert to go with my converted MP9.

I'm doing research to learn about the STRR, and it sounds like it is still a competitive truck. Any major upgrades that are absolutely needed to be competitive or for durability?

I did some chassis research and it looks like the BCE chassis is the way to go.
afr0sch is offline  
Old 06-24-2010, 02:10 PM
  #794  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 217
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

definately a competitive truck
Tebo is running one and is currently tq at the offroad nats
my first outing with mine will be this weekend
chaserogers14 is offline  
Old 06-24-2010, 04:56 PM
  #795  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (38)
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 11,026
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

In the photos I didn't see the CVD's or any hub adapters either, or bearings for the hubs, and on the BEC chassis why is it better than the stock chassis? both are pretty much the same, their was an improvement on the ST-R chassis but pretty much it's a wash when it comes to the ST-RR chassis. On the "Deal" it's not looking like much of one now, sorry.. you can find better deals for complete cars..
Oasis is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.