R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Experiences with Hitec (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/174527-experiences-hitec.html)

D_o_S 07-29-2007 05:41 AM

Experiences with Hitec

Hi guys,

I'd like anyone who has a Hitec servo to report on their experiences... I have heard quite a few bad things about their servos, like they fail to center after a few runs, etc.

ShotGunn 07-29-2007 08:30 AM

The new TG series seems to be fairly reliable...2 year warranty is cool.
Remember you get what you pay for...

Cain 07-29-2007 08:51 AM

I currently run the digital 945MG and the analog 925MG. Both servos work great and have been kicking for awhile now.

I did however have an older 525MG that didn't want to center correctly.

Hitec is improving there quality and there customer service has been quite good as well.

I would say if its a big concern to you about reliability, go with an airtronics or futaba servo. I never had any issues with any of there high end servos. But other than the 525MG a long time ago, I didn't have any issue with hitec either.

cdelong 07-29-2007 09:04 AM

I owned about 4 Hitec servos and every one had to go back for service... good thing they have a fairly good warrany policy.

JR (3 year warranty!!!), KO, Airtronics and Futaba would be my choices.

Look at that 3 year JR warranty and seriously consider buying their servos!! I like KO's, but their warranty policy is basically non-existant. Never had an JR, Airtronics or Futaba go south.

I'm running the newest KO 2367, 2368's and have JR's 9000T and 9000S in my spare car.

GHETTOTEACHER 07-29-2007 09:15 AM

HiTec servos arn't that bad. Most of my throttle servos are Hitec. On the other hand for steering, I prefer Airtronics and Jr. Hitecs in my opinion are not as fast as Airtronics, Jr, or KO. There are some of the best for holding power. For the price, you can't beat them for what you get in the product or the customer service.

Jason Halvorson 07-29-2007 09:38 AM

im using 3 hitech servos all digi HS6975 for throttle/brake on my buggy HS5997TG for steering on my buggy, and a HS5996 for throttle/brake on my truggy...i plan to replace the steering servo on my truggy with a hitech also...

Jack Smash 07-29-2007 10:47 AM

Almost all the Hitec servos I have driven have failed to center. I get lots of requests from the racers for me to take their car for a spin around the local track to give them feedback on the setup and you should see the shocked look on their face when I almost 100% accurately ask "you have a Hitec servo in this dont you?"

TGA78 07-29-2007 11:09 AM

Well I bought a Hitec digital for my throttle servo on my hellfire, no problems with it yet.

I am also running nothing but Hitec servos in my RC18’s with out any trouble.

However I did opt for a way over powered JR servo for steering on the Hellfire.

BIGTACO 07-29-2007 01:22 PM

Every Hitec I have ever bought has failed. One failed to center properly after only a few weekends use on my CRT throttle. Another one failed all together. Don't think I will be purchasing those any more. In the end I think its cheaper just to buy a good airtronics or something even if it sets you back a 100 bucks or so. I have had my airtronics 94358 for a year and a half now and it still works flawlessly.

wes95_z28 07-29-2007 03:00 PM

I have been running a Hitec 5645 for almost 2 years. I had it in my t-maxx with no servo saver and never had an issue with it and now it is in my savage and still has yet to ever give me any sort of trouble.

Jason Halvorson 07-29-2007 05:22 PM

i have had airtronics that failed to center and a futaba that failed in less than 2 tanks...nothing is perfect, but now that i have been running hitech i havent had any servo problems yet, but im sure in time i will....

MadRacer 07-29-2007 06:20 PM

I had some Hi Tec servos and all failed within a few months.
You cant get better value than Ace servos. There is better but not at that price.

rallyebmx 07-29-2007 06:38 PM

most of my hitec servos broke and my aggressor crx failed several times as well. so far...0 problems since going airtronics

t hatcher 07-29-2007 06:46 PM

i have two 5995tg in my truggy and in my buggy all of them or on my second full year and not a single glich. i thinks there great but there the only ones i have had . i heard that the new hobbico cs 170 is the excact same as the 5995tg and it only cost aboout 90 instead of 115 thats the one i will be buying