Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
How do I cange the conrod? >

How do I cange the conrod?

How do I cange the conrod?

Old 07-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default How do I cange the conrod?

I just bought a used v-spec and 2 tanks in the conrod broke and messed up the piston a little so I ordered new piston rod bearings and such and was wondering how do I take the rod off of the piston and put it back on? Pictures would help millions if possible!

Thanks
-Drew
Old 07-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Drew, if your going to try and rebuild the motor with a new piston and sleeve set, here is the way it goes.

1. remove the back plate and head of the motor.
2. remove any pieces of metal in the case.
3. push the sleeve out the top of the block, and remove the piston and broken rod as well, i would also strongley recomend replacing the bearings.
4. once the piston and sleeve and rod are out, you can see the wrist pin and where the rod connects to the wrist pin. it is held in place by a retainer, this looks like a small thin C clip.
5. to remove this, place the piston and rod assembly in a baggy, this will help keep the clip from flying across the room when it pops off.
6. use a sharp exacto point blade to remove it, it will be curled to the center of the pin whole, use the blade to pull it out of the groove that it sits in, then push the wrist pin out, and the broken end of the rod is removed.
7. to reinstall the new piston, do the abouve in the reverse order, sorry no pics, but this should give you a good idea how to get started, shout if you need help bud. Brian
Old 07-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

here you go: http://www.hpiracing.com/walkthroughs/engrebuild.htm and youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v4ePOjjKNE
Old 07-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks guys that helped out tons. Here is a picture of what is left of the rod and piston. If you cant tel there is a nice arc shape to the rod.