Community
Wiki Posts
Search

revo 3.3 things i need

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Default revo 3.3 things i need

hello everyone i am shortly going to be buying the revo 3.3. just so everyone knows this is my second truck. i love the hobby but my last one was to cheap and just broke way to easily. but anyways i made this thread to ask wat i will need. i already have the plugs and the gas but this is my first traxxas and i was wandering wat else im gonna need to run this thing. and also if u have any tips for what i should get as far as upgrades (servos, plugs, ect...)

ps. NO BASHING ALOUD ON THE FORUM in other words i dont wanna see saveage and revo bashing i made up my mind on wat i want
Old 07-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

i have a revo and i needed to get a 7.2 volt battery for the e-z start system extra glow plugs a good charger (other than the one that is included) you will also need a set of good hex drivers
Old 07-22-2007, 10:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

.http://www.impaktrc.com/product_info...roducts_id=144
I have to carry a lot of the stub axles. The break frequently off large jumps.

http://rdracing.powweb.com/Zen/index...995036e18009c1
Always wanted to switch to the RDracing larger axles but I never have.

Also I can't get the pillow balls to stay in the arms for very long. But racing the truck is very awesome.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:08 AM
Tech Rookie

ok thanks for all the help but i have one last question. i was wondering if i was going to need a center diff. and i heard also that i would need an airtonics servo is this true?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

A center diff will help get the truck set up the way you want it to feel. You will also need the rear brake setup when you put the CD in. As for servos, just buy a good strong servo with at least 125 oz. in. and a decent speed and you wil be fine. You are not limited to airtronics. They make awesome servos but many other do also. I use Ace, Futaba, JR and the occasional Traxxas (just for measuring things up though.) lol