Community
Wiki Posts
Search

where can I find a rebuld for this car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Tech Rookie

where can I find a rebuld for this car?

ok I picked this car up for cheap I belive that this is a traxxus nitro rustler and by the looks of it its set up for street drag racing, and I also have extra rims and off road tires for off road, I know its got an after market exaust so what pipe do I have, Also I need a rebuld kit for it so where can I find the cheapest place to get one for my car, and what would be the next best upgrade for this car?

thanxx for your input,
Joe

Last edited by NYp8tBaller07; 07-15-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Looks like a nitro sport to me, rebuild for what? The motor? Suspension? Steering? nitro sports are very common, go to tower hobbies for all your upgrades, or i found an ebay store named r/c boyz that are really good for aftermarket parts, those .15's you can port out to be really good perfoming motors. And im almost positive that is a Nitro Sport, it has a .15 pull start and the rustler has a 2.5 electric start
Old 07-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Tech Rookie

well I need a motor rebuild, and is there a forum, or secton for mods for thic car cuz im trying to get it working to drag race my uncles duratrax nitro evader but I also want to find out what kind of pipe I have on here? thanks
Old 07-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Tech Initiate

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAXXAS-TRX-PRO-...QQcmdZViewItem there's the piston and sleeve

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAXXAS-TRX-PRO-...QQcmdZViewItem there is the carb
http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAXXAS-4485-ALU...QQcmdZViewItem seeing the weld job...... it is most likely a makeshift exaust and this one would go right on your car

you can make that .15 scream.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Tech Initiate

And nitro evader's are slow so depending on what he has done to it you are sitting good.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:28 PM
Tech Rookie

to be honsest with you I hate useing ebay so I like to just stick with web sites so if theres any sites that sells this stuff then a link would be helpfull
Old 07-16-2007, 02:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The pipe you have is an old MIP Stinger. It was kind of popular among the t-maxx basher crowd in the pre 2.5 days, but was one of the many aftermarket products which failed to make the jump to the 2.5 maxx. I suspect it was due to no room for a rear exhaust header and rear facing pipe on the rear exhaust 2.5 t-maxx. It's tight enough back there without trying to shoehorn in a loopy header and big assed pipe. I don't recall if this system was available for the rustler/nitro sport, but judging from the matching rear shock tower, I'd say it was, or someone made a nice one off rear tower and modded a t-maxx header to work on the smaller car.

As for the engine, if you want to out drag anyone with a modern car, toss what you have and get a 2.5, or 3.3. Traxxas has an engine exchange program which makes it fairly painless to upgrade to the 2.5 or 3.3, but you will have to redo your header/exhaust system, and revamping the linkage for slide carb will also be on your dime.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Tech Initiate

yes, a brand spankin new 2.5 is great, if you have the money, and im not sure if he wants to spend that kind of money.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

I think that they have a 2.5 rotary carb version right??
Old 07-16-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Rookie

yea I dont want to spend any more money than I have to all I really need right now is:

-re-build (motor)
-new gears (the ones on the right side)
-glow-plug

and thats it, I spend most of my moey to paintball so a new motor (even though it sounds nice) I cant really get it but how fast dose my/this model go

and again is there any site that sells this stuff other than ebay?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by V for Victory
I think that they have a 2.5 rotary carb version right??
I ran Traxxas for a while and I don't recall a rotary carb. Also I don't know what the older pro .15 engines used for carbs. But I only started in this hobby about 3 years ago.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

[QUOTE=NYp8tBaller07;3489844]yea I dont want to spend any more money than I have to all I really need right now is:

-re-build (motor)
-new gears (the ones on the right side)
-glow-plug

and thats it, I spend most of my moey to paintball so a new motor (even though it sounds nice) I cant really get it but how fast dose my/this model go

and again is there any site that sells this stuff other than ebay?[/QUO

Baller--there are almost too many places to list that carries Traxxas products. And aftermarket products for the Traxxas vehicles. Start at towerhobbies.com . This should get you buy for the time being.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Tech Rookie

^^^^^^^^^
Thanks man
Old 07-17-2007, 02:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Problem with the old traxxas pro 15 is it only has a single needle carb and it ain't no great shakes in the power department. The single needle carb will insure you a HOT running engine when it's tuned. If you run it cool enough it will load up and die all the time and if you tune it so it runs and idles good it will run hot. A well tuned $70 OS CV 12 will hang with it and is easier to tune and will run cooler to boot. Last time I bought a pro 15 piston and sleeve it was around $60, and that's the least you will need to rebuild it. If the bearings are shot, it's cheaper to just buy something else than it is to rebuild the pro 15.

Gears and glo plug can be had at most any local or on line hobby shop.