Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8T or 8T RTR

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Default Losi 8T or 8T RTR

Can someone explain to me the differences between the 8T and the 8T RTR? other than the engine and radio system.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

the rtr has a non lightened chassies, bendable shock towers, raised engine mount for the starter rod, plastic shock tops, greese in the diffs instead of fluid. I think thats it??? There might be more, but I think I got it all.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

So really not that much of a difference that can't be upgraded fairly cheap. I want the kit but I was going to give my son the spektrum that it comes with since I already have one and he is starting to race more so he needs it. Seems like simple upgrades. Thanks for the response.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

you probaly can up grade everything to 8t spec for under a hundered bucks minus the chassis
Old 07-02-2007, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Don't forget hinge pins, shock shafts, shock caps, wheel hexes and nuts (these don't make too much difference tho) It ends up way more than a hundred dollars. I converted my 8B rtr to the kit spec over time. I think it was good to start with. Since I had never ran 8th scale before. Now I wish I would have bought the kit. It is so easy to build and work on. Nice simple layout. Either way you will be happy though. Good luck and enjoy.

Oh, forgot about the servos. you will want to get rid of them pretty soon. They might not even last long enough for soon to come. My steering servo lasted almost a gallon and the throttle almost 4 TANKS of fuel. After upgrading, I have had no more problems.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The 8ight T comes with a z650 servo for the steering. It is a decent servo for rtr. all metal gears with about 160 oz of torque compared to 80 something in a 590.