is tunning shreading my spur gear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is tunning shreading my spur gear?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default is tunning shreading my spur gear?

yesterday and today in the process of tunnin my tmaxx 3.3 the engine went from and idle to an out of control rpm rage and upon shut off both times i descover my spur gear is missing a section where it was touching the clutch bell during idle...im quite sure the gap is fine id did the paper test the teeth left grooves in the paper w/o tearing it also it runs fine for a few mins. then all the suden i pull it in for a pit stop to tune and it goes wild.also to doa when it happened i was manualuy messing w/ the brake control on the truck(w/o using the controller) wwhen it hapend so i wonder if it mat have did a sort of power braking action///but yester day i wasnt playin w/ the brakes...anyways does anyoe kno wut maybe causing this????
Old 06-29-2007, 01:06 AM
Tech Regular

sometimes using the paper to guide you in meshing still leaves too big of a gap in between. Try meshing the gears yourself but just leave the slightest amount of play and the gears should still free wheel when you spin them. Also sometimes the engine moves, use threadlock on the engine mount screws. My tmaxx went wild once when i forgot to pull up the antenna.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Also if your tuning it while its running you can get interference when the screwdriver touchs the metal causing the servos to throttle up and down eratticly
Old 06-29-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

like dave said with AM there is alot of interference when there is metal to metal contact....causes glitches...
Old 06-29-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Or if you get the antenna on the radio to close to the receiver wire, it'll glitch like crazy.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by associatedguy
Or if you get the antenna on the radio to close to the receiver wire, it'll glitch like crazy.
this is very true...