Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
MBX5R Diff Install Help!!! >

MBX5R Diff Install Help!!!

MBX5R Diff Install Help!!!

Old 06-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Default MBX5R Diff Install Help!!!

Dang it, one instruction book tells me to use the small o-rings in the front and center diffs, while the supplemental instruction manual says to look at the spec sheet. The spec sheets (I think) tells me not to use the o-rings and different weights for the diffs. Which one is correct?
Old 06-21-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by newbie2006
Dang it, one instruction book tells me to use the small o-rings in the front and center diffs, while the supplemental instruction manual says to look at the spec sheet. The spec sheets (I think) tells me not to use the o-rings and different weights for the diffs. Which one is correct?

the addendum is what you want - the only o rings you use in the diffs are the ones around the drive cups or what ever you want to call them.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

The smaller of the two o-rings get tossed in the parts bin.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

yes
Old 06-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Any other mods or parts not used that you guys can let me know about? This is my first nitro car, so I'm not too familiar with the install/mods. thanks.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

I don't know why they keep putting those o-rings in the kits. I built 3 MBX5's & Prospecs for me & 2 for others. Never used them. Another tip you should use is too put a small bead of grease all the way around the opening in the bottom of the outer diff cases before you bolt them down to the chassis. Some will squish out the sides on the chassis when you bolt it down, just wip that off. This trick will keep all the dirt out & help your ring & pinion gears stay clean & last forever.