Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Odonnell Buggy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RyyRyy
Hey everyone, like i posted a little back, i have a nice SG with a bunch of spares for sale. Here is the link...

rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/486077-odonnell-z01b-sg-w-tons-parts.html

Thanks.
if you are looking to run electric i can make a motor mount and servo tray for you to fit in the sg.... that is what i did for mine... i have full machine shop access at night... let me know.. jeremy
Old 02-26-2011, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah, man! Convert that baby!
Old 02-27-2011, 04:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well I roasted my first motor this weekend, my fault of course, and looking for a replacement. I have a limited knowledge of the motors available and wondering if you all may have some recommendations. I run on medium sized tracks and good punch is nec. I was running a Nova N21B and it was a good running motor (till I ran it too lean), and rebuilding it would almost be the cost of a new one, which I may do anyway as a back up. I was offered a maxpower motor (m5b i think) for $175 from one of the locals so that is one option, and there are a few for sale in the for sale forum also. I need a budget minded motor, as funds are not unlimited.

On a side note, before I roasted it, the buggy was absolutely killing it...lol
Old 02-27-2011, 07:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by dlawhorn
Well I roasted my first motor this weekend, my fault of course, and looking for a replacement. I have a limited knowledge of the motors available and wondering if you all may have some recommendations. I run on medium sized tracks and good punch is nec. I was running a Nova N21B and it was a good running motor (till I ran it too lean), and rebuilding it would almost be the cost of a new one, which I may do anyway as a back up. I was offered a maxpower motor (m5b i think) for $175 from one of the locals so that is one option, and there are a few for sale in the for sale forum also. I need a budget minded motor, as funds are not unlimited.

On a side note, before I roasted it, the buggy was absolutely killing it...lol
O'donnell SS or either of the 2 V specs
Old 02-27-2011, 07:12 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

The SS would be a good choice. There is only one V Spec, the new one is the XZB... not a V Spec. Of those three the XZB will have the most torque and will be a great motor, pair it with a OS 2050, OS 2060 or the Losi RE10 I think is the one and you'll be looking at over 10 mins a tank with the right fuel.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where

ss .21 i have 4.. also other good choices would be in the 200 dollar range... werks b5 or b6... go.. the new 5 port is good.. and alpha .... all would great new budget mills.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks guys. I was looking at the B5, and the same guy that wants to sell me his M5B races for Alpha and recommended the green head engine if I did not want to buy the one he has. Also the OD SS was an option. Wanted to keep it under the $200 mark and still run with the big dogs (if thats possible lol). I messaged Houston to see if it was viable to rebuild the N21R Nova I have, maybe a diff sleeve combo to upgrade it if its possible. A new Nova budget motor is $140 or so. I am up for a good used engine also if anyone has one sitting around thats in new new shape.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dlawhorn
Thanks guys. I was looking at the B5, and the same guy that wants to sell me his M5B races for Alpha and recommended the green head engine if I did not want to buy the one he has. Also the OD SS was an option. Wanted to keep it under the $200 mark and still run with the big dogs (if thats possible lol). I messaged Houston to see if it was viable to rebuild the N21R Nova I have, maybe a diff sleeve combo to upgrade it if its possible. A new Nova budget motor is $140 or so. I am up for a good used engine also if anyone has one sitting around thats in new new shape.
dont get the green head Alpha for a medium side track, not enough bottom at all. ive ran them myself, its a top end engine. i run a orange head right now in my buggy but that may be a little much. i recommend the Red head for the best all around power, good bottom and good top. its currently out of stock right now but the red head and pipe combo is 240 (10 min run time almost always): http://shop.rcproproducts.com/produc...&categoryId=17
Old 02-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
dont get the green head Alpha for a medium side track, not enough bottom at all. ive ran them myself, its a top end engine. i run a orange head right now in my buggy but that may be a little much. i recommend the Red head for the best all around power, good bottom and good top. its currently out of stock right now but the red head and pipe combo is 240 (10 min run time almost always): http://shop.rcproproducts.com/produc...&categoryId=17
funny you mention the red head as i am breaking in my 2nd one this weekend...

red=most bottom short top
greaan=little bottom great mid to top
orange=bottom to top
grey=ok bottom and very very good top..
Old 02-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
funny you mention the red head as i am breaking in my 2nd one this weekend...

red=most bottom short top
greaan=little bottom great mid to top
orange=bottom to top
grey=ok bottom and very very good top..
i kinda had different feeling between red and orange, those were flipped for me when i tried them ... my next engine is more than likely going to be the 9 port grey head because it just good bottom and crazy top, 7 port grey head is tamed down a little but not 100% sure if thats out quite yet to public LOL.... you running alphas now Jeremy?
Old 02-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
i kinda had different feeling between red and orange, those were flipped for me when i tried them ... my next engine is more than likely going to be the 9 port grey head because it just good bottom and crazy top, 7 port grey head is tamed down a little but not 100% sure if thats out quite yet to public LOL.... you running alphas now Jeremy?
ya i see wht you are saying.. i kind of feel the same way about the engines..
Old 02-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

There are still alot of V-Spec engines floating around at a good price. Might be a little more power than you need in a buggy though.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default ss .21

ran yesterday and seemed to have a pretty good tune at the start, but after 4/4.5 min while it still seemed to run good on parts of the track it got hard to clear the longer jumps, what should I have tried to help keep the torque up ?
Old 02-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Sounds lean and she got hot. May be lean on the low needle since it got really worse after 4 minutes.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone have any experience with the Sportwerks engines, there is one for sale for $90, version one I think. Half the price on what I was looking to spend, only if its worth it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.