Odonnell Buggy!!! >

Odonnell Buggy!!!

Like Tree2Likes

Odonnell Buggy!!!

Old 08-27-2007, 02:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84 View Post
anydates?
Yep, the update is that car didn't showed (what do you expected?). No matter if some photos showed on a mag, that car is a piece of vaporware as many products that never saw the light. Accept it and look for another car.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Corse-R View Post
Yep, the update is that car didn't showed (what do you expected?). No matter if some photos showed on a mag, that car is a piece of vaporware as many products that never saw the light. Accept it and look for another car.
LOL
Old 08-27-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

a race buddy of mine told me the rumer is if odonnell doesnt make a finacial commitment to the manufacturer they had lined up for the buggy it may be over for the super duper odonnell buggy. thats just what i heard cant say if its true hope its not would like to see an odonnell car but to me it doesnt look good.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

It is absolutely amazing and hilarious to listen to you guys! Being on the inside, I can honestly tell you that everyone is way off base.

The O’Donnell buggy does exist and will be out before the end of the year. Everyone will be very, very impressed as well. This is one of the most tunable buggies on the market. Every change you make…you feel on the track. The durability is second to none! We put about five gallons through a couple buggies and did not break one single part.

Steve did not go out and try and reinvent the wheel here guys…he just refined every single nut and bolt on the buggy. Don’t bother trying to compare it to any other buggy either, it has its own design. Are things similar to other buggies…of course, IT”S AN 1/8 BUGGY!

Trust me guys, this buggy is worth every second you’ve waited. O’Donnell is a perfectionist and it shows.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cramer View Post
It is absolutely amazing and hilarious to listen to you guys! Being on the inside, I can honestly tell you that everyone is way off base.

The O’Donnell buggy does exist and will be out before the end of the year. Everyone will be very, very impressed as well. This is one of the most tunable buggies on the market. Every change you make…you feel on the track. The durability is second to none! We put about five gallons through a couple buggies and did not break one single part.

Steve did not go out and try and reinvent the wheel here guys…he just refined every single nut and bolt on the buggy. Don’t bother trying to compare it to any other buggy either, it has its own design. Are things similar to other buggies…of course, IT”S AN 1/8 BUGGY!

Trust me guys, this buggy is worth every second you’ve waited. O’Donnell is a perfectionist and it shows.

Sorry I don't know every name and handle on RCtech but who are you again? How do you have the inside track here?
Old 08-29-2007, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

He just happens to be an assistant team manager for Checkpoint /Odonnell and has something to do in the offices at the company that will be selling the car.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Scott might know what he's talking about ....

Glad to hear it will be out soon. I definitely want to give it a try.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Never said he didn't. Just curious how he knew.

I am glad to hear that they have two buggies. I know their driver finally got to keep one for himself which just happened in the last 45 days or so.

So Scott when are they projecting this to come out?
Old 08-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Topher...no problem, I would question who I was also!

The buggy should be out by Christmas. Trust me, this thing is phenominal!

Jared has had his own buggy since March...and from what I recall, he has done quit well with it and has won a few races as well.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

I've been running the buggy for nearly a month now. The only thing I've replaced is bearings after 5 gallons. It is not because we weren't hitting pipes either....or someone side ways in the straight away cough cough SCOTT! HAHA
You may not see any major differences just by looking at the buggy in comparison with other buggies on the market but it definately seperates itself on the track. All of the little things add up and make a HUGE difference.
I can tell you this based on hours and hours of running the Odonnell buggy heads up against other buggies. We ran the buggy indoor high bite outdoor medium/high bite and outdoor low bite. We were able to tune the buggy (with Steve's help) to work awesome on all of them. Like Scott said, every little change you make to the buggy is noticeable which truely makes it a race buggy. This buggy will be well worth the wait and the wait is almost over.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

Old 08-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

hey guys ive heard that the wheels will not turn as far as other buggies.. Also heard this buggy doesnt have the intial turn in but has alot of steering in the corner.. Is this all true? im game on the buggy if i can hurry up and get one...
Old 08-29-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Ultra
When we were testing we noticed that the Odonnell buggy did not have as much throw as the Kyosho, not a lot less but noticable on the bench when side by side. HOWEVER, on the track we were able to get more steering out of the Odonnell than the Kyosho. As far as having less initial turn in, we did not have any problems. We were able to tune the car to do whatever we wanted it to.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

jdawg.. Who r u agian? what about the shocks they big bore style and threaded? and what kind of diff fluids u guys going with on the buggy... and have u tested it up agianst the losi? will it turn like the losi does? just a few questions i had im on the odonnell wagon or sure now that its coming out...
Old 08-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Ultra...

Big bore style shocks with threaded shock bodies...hard anodized.

As far as diff fluids, we were all over the board and tried evrything.

Yes we did test it up against the Losi...it blew it away in every area. (although, nothings jumps quit like a Losi) If you want it turn like a Losi, it will. As we said before, it responds to every change.

The other thing you will notice, is that it is very user friendly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.