Odonnell Buggy!!! >

Odonnell Buggy!!!

Like Tree2Likes

Odonnell Buggy!!!

Old 07-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roscoe71 View Post
i dont want to come off as being rude but i dont think this buggy will ever see production just like the odonnell .12 and .21 that was supose to be out almost 2 years ago. its one thing to build a prototype but a totaly different ball game when its production time that is super big dollers. heck just look at the vspec tebo runs that right there tells ya NO ODONNELL motor. i hope im dead wrong as i like odonnell products
i think you might be rite....
Old 07-11-2007, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Im saying that 2nd isnt what odonnell wants the buggy will not get released till it starts winning.. Just from what ive heard odonnell is very picky about the things on the buggy and he wants it perfect. Now 2nd is great for only one guy dont get me wrong.. You also got to rember this is a guy that use to win alot of 8th scale races with a kyosho. So there for to me the buggy isnt at the goal that jared and odonnell have set for the car. Once the car can run 1st over the ae and losi i think we will see the goal reached...

flame on
Old 07-11-2007, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84 View Post
Im saying that 2nd isnt what odonnell wants the buggy will not get released till it starts winning.. Just from what ive heard odonnell is very picky about the things on the buggy and he wants it perfect. Now 2nd is great for only one guy dont get me wrong.. You also got to rember this is a guy that use to win alot of 8th scale races with a kyosho. So there for to me the buggy isnt at the goal that jared and odonnell have set for the car. Once the car can run 1st over the ae and losi i think we will see the goal reached...

flame on
Sorry to pinch your bubble, the car should be good, not winning races before it's released, unless he's doing a purpose built car for a given person. The car should be durable, quick and responsive to adjustments, not a winner of races and the people seeing them at the other side of the fence.

Sorry, but if the car is good, release it and leave to the people do the ultimate test about if it's good or not. Meanwhile is just vaporpare on the hands of one guy.

BTW: This is my 2k post here. Don't want to sound rude, but is the bare facts.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

that car has been in research and devolpment for well over 2 years now and last year it struggled to make any amains at all. from what i heard they almost pulled the plug on the deal. heck look at losi they took 2 years to DESIGHN a buggy then raced it for one half season and released it at the end of the 1st season and A.E. is doing the same thing and thats the way it should be. people arent gonna wait around for the super dooper oddonnell buggy for the next half century the general race public will just do losi or AE. me personaly WHEN (or if) the odonnell buggy hits the shelf i think it will be to little to late. if they stand a chance in this market they need to do it now!!!1 god it finished 2nd at the roar nats. that should prove itself right there but like i said above its one thing to build a buggy but another to produce it
Old 07-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I know it got 2nd and that is great but the truth is the driver is good. He ran a Mugen to qualify at the RC Pro Series final and then ran a Jammin in the main to win. He can make any buggy look good. It will be interesting to see what happens when contract renewal time comes for their only driver and AE has a car out there ready to go.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

I feel sorry for the guys who expect to drive such car. Felt the same some years ago awaiting their engines... well... another nice product that will never hit the shelfs.

2 Years for developing a car is just a joke.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

2 years to build a car should not be pictured as a joke. Most cars probably take this long behind the scenes, it just seems like a very long time because we all have seen the car through all the production stages. Seems like O'Donnell is just taking the "try this change that" idea instead of designing it in autocad and running it as it comes out of the molds/machine shops.

Whichever way the project goes (either production or if it bombs and fizzles) Tebo will still be fast. I don't think it will hurt or hold back his career at all regardless if he is an AE driver.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

well im a jedi and i have for seen tebo running the rc8 at the worlds in 08
Old 07-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

I don't think it is holding back his career. I think it is frustrating for him not to have a car as much as he would like. I have a hard time seeing AE not wanting or at least trying to get him running the RC8 when his contract with OD comes closer to expiring. That would make for a really powerful team running that buggy.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

well im a jedi and i have for seen tebo running the rc8 at the worlds in 08
I think you are right.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

ae would flat out dominate in 10th scale and 8th scale
Old 07-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Tebo is awesome. He would make an ofna lx comp look good if he came to any of our towns.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

ae would flat out dominate in 10th scale and 8th scale
Might want to check some of the recent race results, Truhe would be considered the guy who is dominating lately.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i agree, and as much as i hate saying it Losi is be big hitter in off road as a whole....AE doesnt even have a truggy yet, im sure one is on the way, but untill then Losi is the truggy to beat along with the eight being the buggy to beat....
Old 08-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

anydates?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.