Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Odonnell Buggy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It looks really good... also, it doesn't look like a typical prototype as it does look like something from 'production'. If that's the case, the buggy may be out really soon!!
Old 09-26-2007, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

How do you like the Aluminum head speed? Can you notice a big difference in performance? Sorry bout the off topic question
Old 09-26-2007, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have seen this buggy in person and it looks great. Other then the steering servo turned around what is the innovation? I am curious about what O'donnell's claim to fame is on this buggy. Are there improved features from the current lineup of buggies out there?
Old 09-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The car looked full production, not sure though. I'm sure Scott or Jason will chime in for you guys.

Topher,

The arms are set wider (shorter arms) similar to the Losi, so it should rotate awesome. The shocks look larger than your typical Mugen shocks, but not the super-bores like the Jammin, Losi, and K-Car run. The car looked really solid and didn't break the entire weekend. Looks super durable. I think Scott told me they had close to 8 or 9 gallons on the car??
Old 09-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm very reluctant to endorse this buggy: whereas Tebo is an exceptional driver, it seems like the car's design has done more to hamper his results than improve them. There was one instance, last year if I recall, where the O'Donnell car just wasn't working and Tebo wasn't doing well at all, so he borrowed someone else's Jammin' and steamrolled everyone on the circuit shortly thereafter.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:14 PM
AE-Reedy

Originally Posted by captain america
I'm very reluctant to endorse this buggy: whereas Tebo is an exceptional driver, it seems like the car's design has done more to hamper his results than improve them. There was one instance, last year if I recall, where the O'Donnell car just wasn't working and Tebo wasn't doing well at all, so he borrowed someone else's Jammin' and steamrolled everyone on the circuit shortly thereafter.
As far as I no, this statement is completely incorrect. The race that you are talking about is the 2006 Pro series Finals. The reason for running the Jammin' was because he broke a prototyped part, I believe a CVD, and was not able to continue with the O'Donnell buggy.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Tebo had some tough breaks when the car was still in it's infancy. Ever since he has been running the latest version of the buggy, he has finished quite well at every race he's been too. The car will be excellent. He said himself at the RC Pro Finals that he really wanted to run the OD buggy, but it was undergoing a lot of changes ta the time and just wasn't ready yet. He borrowed one of Taylor's Jammin buggies and threw down.

The only thing that looked funny to me was the battery box, just because it was so big. You will have no trouble fitting all your electronics in the box though .
Old 09-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Let's not forget that with a Associated B44 he won the worlds.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kmorast
Let's not forget that with a Associated B44 he won the worlds.
My thoughts precisely. He's one of the best out there at the moment, and if an r/c magician like Tebo can attain only modest to respectable results, the car will be utter rubbish in the hands of we, the everyday novices and club racers.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

i half to say that the 8th scale buggy world has gotten alot tuffer with the new drivers and nuew buggies. but i think the test will be at the worlds.... and tebo also use to win with his k car none stop and i bet if u gave it back to him with the big bore shocks he prolly be able to do it agian lol... all in all though i think the car will be fast. and he did finish second at the buggy nats.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i didn't know that seconds were that bad of a finish? Or when he won the manufacturers cup...
Old 09-27-2007, 05:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

odoylrulz
I really like the aluminum head. It is easier to temp than the magnesium.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Tebo has been 1st or 2nd in just about every race this year. I would say that is pretty good.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Tebo and the OD buggy have been ripping it up this year!!!!!! to say otherwise is just ignorant...
Old 09-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captain america
I heard that Tebo went to a race this year( Sorry, don't know which) and the Odonnel buggy just wasn't working, but before the main Mr. Odonnel made a huge setup change and Tebo thought it was awesome, and ever since then the car has been dialed! Anybody else hear this? Just my .02 cents

Brad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.