Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
REVELATION RACEWAY >

REVELATION RACEWAY

REVELATION RACEWAY

Old 05-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i think it is fine, just as long as your races are not close to each others. in the process you would get to meet some new people. DJ is an awesome guy, super nice. one time my cousin was having problems with his engine, and DJ let my cousin use one of his spares, and he let my cousin have a whole clutch set-up. the thing was my cousin lived in sacramento, and so DJ told my cousin just to send the engine back to him anytime. if you see me at the track, ill be more than happy pitting for you. i actually enjoy pitting. just lok for a fat dark asian kid with a x1-cr
Old 05-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Actually those are the wrong ones. The ones i wanted must still be on the camera. By the way i went out to practice tonight and there must have been 50+ racers there! I also figured out i need new conactssince i cant see for #%#%!
Old 05-04-2007, 12:20 AM
Tech Master

how did the track look after all those guys were on it..... and do they use friday to prep the track... cause if the track is all tore up from all the nitros then my lil mini will be a pain to drive,,,
your answer will determine if I show up on saturday..... I just want to try the track out first thing satutday morning for about an hour or so...
Old 05-04-2007, 02:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

well track still looked ok, but not sure if "Friday" they will just do Grooming?
good question?? anyone else know...??? i forgot to ask myself...????
track is pretty awesome...finaly can bust out my Buggies again!!! for a fast track!
maybe do a tripple play for Sat. .5crt, Buggy and Truggy !!!
Old 05-04-2007, 03:13 AM
Tech Master

I cant wait to get me a crt.5,,,, planning on doing the ole brushless conversion
Old 05-04-2007, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaejw1
I cant wait to get me a crt.5,,,, planning on doing the ole brushless conversion

you know the .5 is nitro right??
Old 05-04-2007, 07:31 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thus the brushless CONVERSION comment!
Old 05-04-2007, 08:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
Hey guys, I love to run at Revelation as it was my home track when I lived in Covina, but now I am in Santa Barbara and only get the chance 1-2x per month to visit the track. When I go, I go by myself (so far) but having a pitman is always a pain...I always feel bad asking multiple people to pit for me, but if I don't I can't race.... So is it kosher to ask every time I am there? I always offer to pit for them if they want, as it should be a give AND take event.... Last weekend I ran into a guy that used to paint my old bodies (DJ), and he helped me out 2-3 times, which I was VERY thankful for, but I felt bad using so much of his time....
I could relate as I've sometimes felt that same way, but you get used to it. It helps to remember peoples names and always ask early. Most likely others are feeling the same way so it usually works out, so in future events, people would be more than willing to help you out.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

I will usually be there solo as well and dont realy know anybody yet either but would be happy to help with pit duties if we are not in the same class. No racing for a little bit though, i need to learn to drive again first! I will probably start up in about a month.

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
Hey guys, I love to run at Revelation as it was my home track when I lived in Covina, but now I am in Santa Barbara and only get the chance 1-2x per month to visit the track. When I go, I go by myself (so far) but having a pitman is always a pain...I always feel bad asking multiple people to pit for me, but if I don't I can't race.... So is it kosher to ask every time I am there? I always offer to pit for them if they want, as it should be a give AND take event.... Last weekend I ran into a guy that used to paint my old bodies (DJ), and he helped me out 2-3 times, which I was VERY thankful for, but I felt bad using so much of his time....
Old 05-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Robert,

I will be there with both Truggy and buggy. Only plan on racing buggy though. I will be mainly rebuilding my engine's and getting them ready, (broken in) etc for the Nitro Maxx Challenge.

More of a preparation session.

Track looks awesome.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Wish I could make it there for the first race on the new track, but I gotta work.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

well i just cleaned all my bearing.. and replaced some.. will be there very early since im coming from work,, so i hope to see someone there.. just look for the lil mini on the track.. probably flipped over.lol
Old 05-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jaejw1
well i just cleaned all my bearing.. and replaced some.. will be there very early since im coming from work,, so i hope to see someone there.. just look for the lil mini on the track.. probably flipped over.lol
As long as your having fun, that's all that matters.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

went to check it out thursday, and was glad too see the other racer turn marshalling even though it was just pratice...................
Old 05-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Cool, I am glad its kosher to ask around for a pit man, though if anyone sees me next time (my body will have my screen name on it) feel free to ask me if you need a pit man!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.