Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY XB8/XT8 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Will any other truggy body fit the XT8? I have a nice MBX5T body that I never ran and would love to stick it on the Xray without cutting it to pieces.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Swaybarz
On my XRAY xb8 tq, I've been using the proline mbx-5 body, but the pipe, air filter, and even the radio box rubs on the body. I love proline but because the body is made for a mugen it just dosn't fit quite rite.

Just wondering what kind of body is the best? Jconcepts, Majestic, other?
Also Rocco what's up with the c-clips on the truggy, why?

XRAY IS # 1
The Pro-Line body does fit well but it does take some time to mount it...
But any Mugen body should fit the car, and you can always run the XRay body, but order the 359701 as that is the thick one versus the thin (359702) that comes in the kit...

As far as the e-clips goes, they wanted to try to keep the cost down, if you're worried about them coming off, just put a dab of shoe goo on them, and don't worry about the strength of the plastic in the pin holders, I've heard of people breaking hinge pins and not the holder!

Originally Posted by Breakin2
Will any other truggy body fit the XT8? I have a nice MBX5T body that I never ran and would love to stick it on the Xray without cutting it to pieces.
I am pretty sure any body that fits the Jammin will fit the truck.
I have a JConcepts Jammin body on mine, and it fit perfect...
Old 06-16-2007, 09:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Rocco, but do you know anything about jconcepts or majestic for the xb8?
What receiver batt do run? Branham?

Also on the truggy will buggy hinge pin holders that are al. fit or is plastic the only choice?
Old 06-17-2007, 07:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ok folks I have a delima, I can't decide on the XT8 or XB8 EC? With price being about the same that's not an issue. I have two buddies that have a Truggy and one of them also has a Buggy(none Xray) I like the Truggy as far as I loved racing a rc10gt when I first started racing, I know a GT is no Truggy. My only issue with the Truggy is that I'm concerned that Xray will come out with a race - update version in a year or so, ie XB8 - XB8 TQ - XB8 EC or T2 - T2 '007 you get my thinking. However, around my area the Buggy is the bigger class of the two. Anyone have BOTH? If so, give me some input on which one, knowing what you know, is the best of the two for me to start with. I'm leaning towards the Buggy but like the Truggy. Heck maybe I should just get BOTH!

FOR SALE!
** Futaba 3PJS Radio w/ MANY EXTRAS ** - ** Tire - Insert - Wheel SALE!! -NIP- ** - ** 3300 ProMatch ** - SOLD! - SOLD! - SOLD! - SOLD! BOTH -

Last edited by c1 racin; 06-17-2007 at 07:51 AM.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I would go wit the buggy first....I have a XB8, and plan soon on getting the XT8....I also have a M18pro and a T2 007 US spec....

Last edited by Jason Halvorson; 06-17-2007 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

If it was me I would go with the EC just because no matter where you race at there is always a strong buggy class.
EC or XT8 both are the top of the line stuff and you will be happy with which ever one you choose.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Swaybarz
Thanks Rocco, but do you know anything about jconcepts or majestic for the xb8?
What receiver batt do run? Branham?

Also on the truggy will buggy hinge pin holders that are al. fit or is plastic the only choice?

I think anything that is made for the Mugen, but IDK... I'd have to check with the Majestic guys, as they are local. I personally just started running the Helotes packs...

Yes, the aluminum suspension holders fit, as the truck and the car share bulkheads, pretty much all of the suspension holder parts will transfer.

Go to XRay's website where you can download the manual for the truck, and it will tell you which specific parts to buy if you want the aluminum blocks on your car.

I personally only have the rear TQ pin holders just to get the additional antisquat on my truck...
Old 06-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Breakin2- the mbx5t body will fit perfectly i like it a little better because the body wont rest on the shock tower like the jammin body does. but both will fit
Old 06-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

now that my clutch shoes are shot, i was wondering if i can use aftermarket clutch shoes on my xray???? or do i have to run the xray ones????

Thanks in advance, Jason
Old 06-18-2007, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

punkracer - thanks a lot for the information!
Old 06-18-2007, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
now that my clutch shoes are shot, i was wondering if i can use aftermarket clutch shoes on my xray???? or do i have to run the xray ones????

Thanks in advance, Jason
Im pretty sure that clutch shoes are a standard size, so most will work.

But why get a regular old 3-shoe clutch, when you can get the 4-shoe racing clutch from Werks? I have had one for a year, and I love it. I haven't managed to wear them out yet, nor have I had to change the spring yet. It costs a bit more, but it has its own flywheel, nuts, shoes and cap.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

has nay one broke any think on there trucks yet. i want to know if it was a wierd part you broke so i can get some spears.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rosco
Im pretty sure that clutch shoes are a standard size, so most will work.

But why get a regular old 3-shoe clutch, when you can get the 4-shoe racing clutch from Werks? I have had one for a year, and I love it. I haven't managed to wear them out yet, nor have I had to change the spring yet. It costs a bit more, but it has its own flywheel, nuts, shoes and cap.
i was considering it, but a few guys i talked to said there not so easy to tune, but i guess i should give it a try and find out for myself...i guess it would finish off my XB8 with werks parts being im running a TL21BPRO and werks tires...
Old 06-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

As far as the Werks clutch goes I've never had one problem with mine at all. Its been through so many 45 minutes A mains now, and the shoes still aren't worn out! I've been running it for almost 2 years now. The thing I like about it is that the engagement is smoother than a standard clutch, so the rear end wont step out so easily.

My XT8 is on the way!
Old 06-18-2007, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WheelNut
My XT8 is on the way!
Mine too.........what engine are u prepare for XT8?
I would try RB TM928 or C6......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.