Wiki Posts
Search

xxx nt spur help

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default xxx nt spur help

I have a xxx-nt sport with a 2.5 traxxas motor. I noticed I have a couple teeth missing off my spur gear. Since I can pull the front tires off all the time I would like to tame it down and get more speed. I all ready have a 20T bell. Who make lower teeth spurs that will fit the nt?
Old 08-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

stick with the 20 tooth, you might even want to go back to the stock 18 tooth clutchbell and loosen your slipper. That will help keep the front wheels down and still let you hit maximum speed. Try the slipper adjustment first though.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Default spur gear

well im pretty new at the whole r/c stuff and i was wondering if anybody can give some advise on adjusting the slipper
Old 08-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

As far as I know, there is no other spur gear than the 51T stock one.

I know how strong the 2.5 engines are, but I'm still not quite sure if it's really pulling that high of a gear (20T clutch bell is TALL) unless you're running at wide open throttle for long periods of time, like down the street. Tuned correctly, your truck should be nearly uncontrollable at top speed. That motor is WAY overkill for your truck.

How confident are you in your tuning abilities? That's the cheapest speed secret you can find.

As for setting the slipper on the XXX-NT trucks, it depends on what you're doing with it. If you're driving or racing on dirt, it's usually accepted to loosen the slipper 5 full turns from full compressed, and adjust in order to allow the slipper to slip before the diff (you should never allow the diff to slip).

If you're only driving on pavement, you should run it much tighter than that. If you try to loosen the slipper enough to allow you to stab the throttle and prevent the truck from pulling wheelies, the slipper will get VERY hot and start causing some serious problems. Your slipper, brakes, and diff should be pretty much locked down to run on asphalt. You can stop the truck from pulling wheelies by squeezing the trigger more slowly.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Arrow

Yeper the..Losi has a 18-19-20T available!