Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
HPI Hellfire SS Kit Build & Long Term Review >

HPI Hellfire SS Kit Build & Long Term Review

HPI Hellfire SS Kit Build & Long Term Review

Old 06-08-2007, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by annie_himself
Integy servo's are known to help blow rear diffs in HF's ya know.
LOL!
Old 06-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by milenko_76
I think you'll like the kit. It was alot of fun to put together. What motor are you going to be using in it? I think the reason pople don't like it is because people don't like HPI. I work in a Hobby shop part time and I've noticed people don't like HPI. I don't know why. I think they make good cars and trucks. I feel that I can speak my mind about them. I've owned a pro2, pro3, pro4, MT1, MT2, R40, and now the Hellfire. Maybe people feel that if they spend more money on a kyosho or Jammin they are getting a better truck. The fact that Kyosho turns their back on their own cars 6 months after they are on the market doesn't seem to bother these people. Ofna doesn't do that. They have so many cars and trucks with so many interchangable parts that you can find parts that will work on their older cars. I'm not bashing either of those two companies but from what I've seen HPI provides better support for their vehichles.
I agree, I think it's because people just don't like HPI. Another thing I've noticed is that HPI doesn't really have a race team for their off road vehicles, so people don't see HPI in the lists of winners from big races published in the magazines. The other thing I notice is that people who race 1/8th scale (buggy) tend to look down a bit on the Monster Truck class... because it's generally considered to be more for noobs. The Savage is a really good monster truck, so that attitude probably trickles down to include all HPI products just by way of generalization.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fast Racing
I think most racers think of HPI as nothing more than back-yard bashers. My son and I have raced Savages for the past 2 summers and are quite competitive against the LST's and the Revo's and anything else someone puts on the track. (www.marcca.com). Part of the reason for our success is the savages are always running at the end of the 15 minute main while half the field is broken .
Ditto!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

i'll be taking the rear diff out today so I'll take a look at the damage. I'll also try to get a few pics to show everyone. I hope the aluminum diff cups come in today.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I was reading in some of the earlier posts that you guys got this truggy for $230. If that is the case where did ya'll get it from and is it still available. Thanks
Old 06-09-2007, 08:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Black, that was a deal they had on the SS kits to clear out the remaining kits that don't come with the HO motor. You'll no longer be able to buy a kit without the HPI motor. Kind of stupid you ask me as that's part of the idea of getting a kit, but whatever.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HPI-1-8-HELL...QQcmdZViewItem

That's the lowest I've seen the kit price since
Old 06-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Does anyone know where this chassis can be purchased, one that has the side guards like those found on buggies. Can they be added to the Hellfire chassis.
Thanks

Old 06-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

email bill @ [email protected].

It's a BCE chassis, you can read some stuff about it on truggyracers.com. Everyone who runs one seems to like it. Never seen one in person myself though.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah, those side gaurds really help to keep a lot of crud out of the chassis when racing. If anyone knows where they're available for sale for the Hellfire, please post here...
Old 06-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

You can put them on that BCE chassis. If you're going to use them on on the SS chassis (not sure if the RTR is the same shape on the sides, where it curves up) you can use XTM Mammoth ST sideguards, but you'll have to drill the holes in the chassis yourself.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

I have the XTM sideguards and they work perfect.
The ownly but is when you brake real hard they hit the ground making a sound wich may scare you, but no problem.

mzl Hellsavage
Old 06-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

Here are some pics

mzl Hellsavage
Attached Thumbnails HPI Hellfire SS Kit Build & Long Term Review-herschaalde-kopie-van-pic_0332.jpg   HPI Hellfire SS Kit Build & Long Term Review-herschaalde-kopie-van-pic_0333.jpg  
Old 06-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks HellSavage... I'll see if I can order a set of XTM sideguards!
Old 06-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Well, I got a chance to run the new track today. I blew the big triple, missed the landing by about a foot and lawn darted into the back of it... bent both front suspension shafts. I probably hit the back of the landing at about 28 mph. The triple is quite large... about 32' long and requires a lot of speed to clear.

I'm not sure if other UMT's would have taken damage by this crash, so I don't know if the Hellfire is weaker than others or not... any opinions?
Old 06-11-2007, 02:23 AM
Tech Adept

@Madhacker
Ive read on truggyracers that deze will fit but I dit not use them myself
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2098
It might be worth a try.

mzl Hellsavage

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.