Wiki Posts
Search

rc8 handling,how does it like to be driven

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default rc8 handling,how does it like to be driven

thinking about this buggy,how does it like to be driven?i liked my jammin because it liked to be driven hard and i heard losi is all about being smooth,just curious how this buggy like to be driven
Old 01-15-2008, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

havent driven one but its simalar to losi i heard
Old 01-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

I don't think it has a distinct "style" that it likes. I have seen people do well with it with smooth driving and with aggressive driving. It mostly comes down to set up.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Its not an aggressive car, but can be driven that way. Recommend getting upgrades front and rear hinge pin braces and if you are aggresssive, use better clutch shoes and cnc braces.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

very very gently
Old 01-15-2008, 11:04 PM
SH
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robert.Hull
havent driven one but its simalar to losi i heard
Far from....you drive the losi hard & it just gets all out of shape, you drive the AE hard & it just gets faster

If you like the Jammin you will love the RC8. if you do crash a lot something will give at some point, like any car on the market.

You also do not need the cnc braces, this is only intended for setup change but not required as the car works really well as is. The suspension plates have been updated to a better material so buying aftermarket ones is void.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You REALLY only need to put the washers on the hinge pin keeper screws and install the longer screws to mount the A/B/C/D plates that come in the AE service pack. The plates are steel and plenty strong.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (97%+)

mine doesn't like to be driven
Old 01-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mxracer458
thinking about this buggy,how does it like to be driven?i liked my jammin because it liked to be driven hard and i heard losi is all about being smooth,just curious how this buggy like to be driven
The RC8 is a point and shoot buggy. If you drive smoothly it can be fast with a slow, roll around the corners, then launch out hard technique. It does NOT like to be driven hard through corners. The Jammin would be far better in that area.
I have gone back to the Hyper 8.5 for that reason. I tried many different setups but nothing worked well enough for my liking. I tend to brake up to a corner, then turn in and drive through it on power, a throwback to my onroad days perhaps. I could not get the RC8 to do that consistantly. one lap it would be fine, the next it would push, the one after that it would hook round.
Nice car, and I wish it would perform better for me, but it just doesn't suit me.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

It's not a point and shoot car. I can guarantee the buggy will do everything anyone wants it to.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

when i drove it at crcrc at the midwest championships it reminded me of a touring car.. very twitchy. and agressive..

go hard into a corner.. lay on the brakes. turn the corner and punch it.. the harder you push the car the better it gets..
im running all stock outta box setup and 7 k in the center.

i went to this car from the 8ight and i wont be looking back.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SkarTisu
You REALLY only need to put the washers on the hinge pin keeper screws and install the longer screws to mount the A/B/C/D plates that come in the AE service pack. The plates are steel and plenty strong.
Ha Ha! Those washers don't help when the tiny screw they use breaks off! Get the aftermarket captured braces instead. The update fixes what should have been on the car, not any improvements. The braces bend, so off the car they went. I saw so many RC8's break & DNF at the State offroad race last saturday at Mills Pond. The brace pin screw broke off the car I was pitting in the main after a bad jump in the triple. Needed new front hinge pin braces (originals) and now a swaybar end link (set screw is stripped). I believe it was 210 entries in the nitro series that day.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

When the swaybar strips a fatter screw goes right in nicely. The screw that goes in the plastic piece that holds the swaybar to the diff case works nicely if ya have one like that.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

We actually tried a a larger set screw, but its done. Won't tighten down. The A Main winner of the state race in expert class was fast with the RC8. I believe he had a 2 lap lead by the end of the 30 minute Amain. He ran the car perfectly, but like I said, any mistake and this buggy may go out.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

i gave my rc8 a preety damn good beating this past weekend at crcrc for the electric race.. this was a box stock FIRST run buggy. with none of the upgrades on it..

if people are breaking this buggy then they must be driving it really hard. and if they are driving it harder than i did. then they dont deserve to drive this car.

i mainly was hard on it to see what breaks and what doesnt.. i was waiting for it to break but it never did
the ONLY thing i will be purchasing will be the team ae. aluminum rear chassis brace. i bent the factory rear one. after a very hard impact at crcrc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.