Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

CEN Matrix TR

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I am trying to get on KMW's site I belive its them that makes the carbon fiber parts for the TR but cant find the site anywhere. I know that Cen makes them too but I want the KMW parts, Does anybody know their sites name? Or is it another company who makes them? I know it is somewhere way back on this thread but I dont feel like reading 50 pages trying to find it lol.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malik
I am trying to get on KMW's site I belive its them that makes the carbon fiber parts for the TR but cant find the site anywhere. I know that Cen makes them too but I want the KMW parts, Does anybody know their sites name? Or is it another company who makes them? I know it is somewhere way back on this thread but I dont feel like reading 50 pages trying to find it lol.
It is not KMW, they make shocks.

I think it is Extreme Racing or something lke that.

Colin
Old 06-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Cant find nothing there either IDK.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C Branch
I think it is Extreme Racing or something lke that.Colin
You are correct sir....

Xtreme RC Racing
Old 06-27-2008, 12:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well, ran the track again... Didn't go so well... My tuner smoked my Pico .21 OLD school.... Temp gun in the tool box, not trackside... O well...LOL

I'm going to pull the trigger on the .28; most of the guys run a .28 in my class, so OS or RB??? HELP

I ran my buddy’s MBX5 with an RB and decided that the .21 is not enough for the TR. I’m pretty busy on the weekends racing full size trucks, so racing my 1/8 is probably out of the questions.

I like to eat tacos and run revelations supercross track.... Damm that track is fun.

I did blow a shock piston threw the shaft and scrapped the bottom of my truck pretty good... I’m going to run double washers and should take care of that problem... Thanks Mcran SP?

Still might go to the jamming 16MM. But the truck is pretty good, now.

Hey GENE, sorry I didn’t call you back on the parts, im spending big bucks on this thing and you have 4-5 missing parts I still need... You run a .28 Ya???
Im pretty sure im getting the OS and changing the bearings after a gallon to TKO. I have a JP4, should I be OK. I’m not ready for all the power yet, so if lags, I should be OK??? Back pressure and motor life???

Post some pics of your truck, please!

Andrew Thanks again for the parts and the insights, missed you Tuesday night... Burro was calling you! LOL. I think im going to get a buggy after that MBX5 run... I hear what you’re saying about being a buggy guy... ETA on the matrix 2???

Well check the shock and truck pics; ill be back with photos and videos of the first .28 run...

Cheers.

SIXPACK

Old 06-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Can someone help me with what I need to do when I get my new PTM GO .21 5 port. I know prettymuch what to do to install it but I really need to know how hard do I tighten the the flywheel nut? And I can use the same 1 right? I had alot of help when 1st installing the mill I have now and this will be my 1st quality "nitro racing" mill. Also do I have to dissasemble the clutch to swap mills? I have raced Electric for years but as I said before this is my 1st nitro racer. I do very well with it, the only people who consistently beat me are these 2 guys at my local track with electric converted truggies. My electric racing expierence has I belive given me an edge over the competition. I like the electric conversions but they have to make some more fair rules for them since they run against nitro cars but thats another thread. And hopefully I wont have those bearing problems with the new mill.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

I hear ya sixpac. After running my buddy's buggy (mugen), I want one, and I might even switch from the truggy. I mean, the buggy's are cheaper, make you a better driver, and don't break as often. I can't wait for that matrix II.
BTW, what guards are those? TTRs?
Old 06-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SIXPAC
Well, ran the track again... Didn't go so well... My tuner smoked my Pico .21 OLD school.... Temp gun in the tool box, not trackside... O well...LOL

I'm going to pull the trigger on the .28; most of the guys run a .28 in my class, so OS or RB??? HELP

I ran my buddy’s MBX5 with an RB and decided that the .21 is not enough for the TR. I’m pretty busy on the weekends racing full size trucks, so racing my 1/8 is probably out of the questions.

I like to eat tacos and run revelations supercross track.... Damm that track is fun.

I did blow a shock piston threw the shaft and scrapped the bottom of my truck pretty good... I’m going to run double washers and should take care of that problem... Thanks Mcran SP?

Still might go to the jamming 16MM. But the truck is pretty good, now.

Hey GENE, sorry I didn’t call you back on the parts, im spending big bucks on this thing and you have 4-5 missing parts I still need... You run a .28 Ya???
Im pretty sure im getting the OS and changing the bearings after a gallon to TKO. I have a JP4, should I be OK. I’m not ready for all the power yet, so if lags, I should be OK??? Back pressure and motor life???

Post some pics of your truck, please!

Andrew Thanks again for the parts and the insights, missed you Tuesday night... Burro was calling you! LOL. I think im going to get a buggy after that MBX5 run... I hear what you’re saying about being a buggy guy... ETA on the matrix 2???

Well check the shock and truck pics; ill be back with photos and videos of the first .28 run...

Cheers.

SIXPACK

I run a .21 in my Tr and it is more than enough power. The OS .28 is insane. I would say it is too much power for 90% of the drivers out there. I have seen numerous experienced racers buy that engine and then sell them a week later because it was just too much power.
Scraping on the bottom of the chassis is normal. If you set it up tio be so still that it doesn't scrape the bottom, the truck will be undrivable.

Colin
Old 06-27-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm a truck guy so I don’t think ill ever get rid of my TR... Spent to much money on that little B!cth...LOL

The guards are off the matrix, a little short, but cover the parts you need. You need to trim them to fit the chassis in the back since they are meant to go to the end of the Matrix chassis.

Colin, it’s a hard choice.... I want to get that extech but 400 is a big hit...Tower has the flex play on the OS line...So I can hind it from the old lady a little better

I'm sure you have a race motor that has been modded for the additional weight of the truggy??? The .24 seems cool... have you tested that motor??

Revelation IMO is pretty technical... I had a hard time doing a triple straight out of a corner with the MBX5. Hook up was a little off due to tires.... But that buggy should be able to jump anything @ that truck. The guys that are running that .28 have crazy power and told me I can just fatten it up if I don’t want the power. But damm those motors rip....

They changed the track a liitle since this video....
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XfJC_2E_X...eature=related

What does you’re track look like??? Indoor, big hits??? Goy any video of your truck with the .21. I’m heading out to surprise mid July, maybe you can show me how to get around the track...But, if YO track don’t have AC I’m out!!! LOL
AZ is hooootttttt....

The shock blew out, so that’s why it was working the chassis on one side. I went two laps and didn’t know I blew the shock till I got it back on the bench.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SIXPAC
I'm a truck guy so I don’t think ill ever get rid of my TR... Spent to much money on that little B!cth...LOL

The guards are off the matrix, a little short, but cover the parts you need. You need to trim them to fit the chassis in the back since they are meant to go to the end of the Matrix chassis.

Colin, it’s a hard choice.... I want to get that extech but 400 is a big hit...Tower has the flex play on the OS line...So I can hind it from the old lady a little better

I'm sure you have a race motor that has been modded for the additional weight of the truggy??? The .24 seems cool... have you tested that motor??

Revelation IMO is pretty technical... I had a hard time doing a triple straight out of a corner with the MBX5. Hook up was a little off due to tires.... But that buggy should be able to jump anything @ that truck. The guys that are running that .28 have crazy power and told me I can just fatten it up if I don’t want the power. But damm those motors rip....

They changed the track a liitle since this video....
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XfJC_2E_X...eature=related

What does you’re track look like??? Indoor, big hits??? Goy any video of your truck with the .21. I’m heading out to surprise mid July, maybe you can show me how to get around the track...But, if YO track don’t have AC I’m out!!! LOL
AZ is hooootttttt....

The shock blew out, so that’s why it was working the chassis on one side. I went two laps and didn’t know I blew the shock till I got it back on the bench.

Our track is technical with some huge jumps directly out of corners and I don't have any problem clearing them.
I am running the .21 ExTech and it is directly from Trinity, there has been no moding done to it......yet

No AC at our tracks, they are outdoors and yes, it is hot, LOL!

Colin
Old 06-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

I could still use alittle help on my last post. Also I am thinking about trying the piggybacks with those do you use the same shock fluid front and rear or do you change it? I run #2 pistons all around and 60wt AE front and 35wt AE rear. And is there directions that come with the piggybaks as to how to build them and if not can someone enlighten me?
Old 06-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Lets see some videos of that hot rod and your track???

Res shock. Use the same oil if it works for you... I use # 1 pistons front with LOSI 70 weight. 45 rear with # 2.

fill the shock to top.. thread the cap on with the shaft all the way out. flip over, fill the res. tighten both the top cap and res cap. Bleader screw a little open and compress the shaft to 1/2 way to take out the air.

RUN IT...
Old 07-01-2008, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

So I decided to do a tear down cleaning and to replace a few parts waiting for my new mill. While doing that I noticed my driveshafts are wearing flat edges, so I decided to get the new light weight blue ones from Cen. Are these really lighter than stock and are they stronger? I am also putting all new bearings in all my diffs and the 1 opposite of the spurgear on the center diff will not come off, anyone had this problem before?
Old 07-01-2008, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The new center shafts are crazy lightweight and they last very long. I have been using them for almost a year and I just change my them out when the blue shafts where released.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

OS .28XZ it is....

running revalations tuesday...

Hope to have the camera there...

Have a Happy 4th!

-SIXPAC-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.