Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

will the rc pro series be held on leisures indoor track? or their outdoor? the outdoor straights are ridiculously long.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey Joe
thanx for the info on the batts.

Is Google Maps close on finding Leisure? I haven't used Mapquest for like 5 years or something. Me and several friends are headed up there to tear it up for the pro series. We have one friend whose local track used to be Leisure. He also used to run fullsize dirt oval up there too, I think.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Tech Champion

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/13246

I see the box has been pushed back another month. Ugghhh.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:13 AM
Tech Adept

maybe that starter box is non existent, a myth just like big foot ppl have claimed to see it but no one has claimed the spoils
Old 06-15-2007, 01:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joecool
hey guys i got a few things to post. the new aluminum top brace is the coolest part yet for the 8ight. i just mine installed today. i will post pictures tomorrow. secondly, 5 cell AA packs are okay if you assemble them yourself. i bought the pack available from ballistic batteries and found it did not fit well at all in the 8ight without some dremeling so i ditched it and stuck with the typical 1600mah marathon hump pack. lastly, at the end of July the rc pro series will be at leisure hours raceway in Juliet, IL. i have been up there a few times and the track is SICK awesome. high traction and can get kinda technical. there are some very fast locals that can make feel like your driving a 1/10th scale monster truck on the track. bring out your panther switch 2.0 tires and broken in OS speed tuned engine and you might keep up. check out their site for directions because mapquest is way off.

www.leisurehoursraceway.com
Are you talking about the Fioroni top brace? Or does Losi have one too?
Old 06-15-2007, 03:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
When are the races going on? Do they have a website? I would be interested in heading down that way some weekend.
We race every sunday but our biggest turnouts are for the Summer Series races, the remaining races are on June 17th, July 15th, August 19th, and September 9th. We usually get between 80-100 entries for these races.
http://www.hobbyplexraceway.com/

and of course we host the last round of the pro series north division at the end of september.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
Hey Joe
thanx for the info on the batts.

Is Google Maps close on finding Leisure? I haven't used Mapquest for like 5 years or something. Me and several friends are headed up there to tear it up for the pro series. We have one friend whose local track used to be Leisure. He also used to run fullsize dirt oval up there too, I think.
I just checked Google Maps and it places the Leisure Hours track about 4 miles East of where it actually is, and on the wrong side of the road, but on the correct road.

I didn't check the directions capability for you (thinking that's going to be dependent on where you're coming from, whether it's right or not), but I know that Mapquest was trying to send guys through the river to get to the track (thought there was a bridge where there isn't one).

I'd use Google Maps to get you close, but then check their web site directions to make sure you'll be OK (or Google-Earth it to make sure the bridges/roads exist).

One nice thing about a planned road trip to Leisure is that you don't have to worry about the weather. If it's nice out, you race on the huge outdoor track. If it rains, you just move inside to the awesome indoor track.

I have found with my 8ight that if I just change the tires from Panther Switch 2.0 Clay's for indoor (the ONLY tire to use... even the PL sponsored guys at Leisure use the Switch 2.0 on the indoor track), to one of the typical outdoor tires (CF's, BT's, Komodos) for outdoor racing, the stock chassis setup works pretty darn well on either track (which surprised me).
Old 06-15-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

will the rc pro series be held on leisures indoor track? or their outdoor? the outdoor straights are ridiculously long.
Depends on the weather. Only indoor of it rains. One thing for sure the race will not get rained out.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vroom88
i was talking about one like in this link

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/7001

i use one that is home made.....works well....
Old 06-15-2007, 07:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default North East Pro Series

Anybody here attend the Northeast pro series event @ CRC Raceway in Rome N.Y. last weekend? Just wondering how you liked it if you did. We had over 200 entries and excellent weather and track conditions. We actually ended up laying ozite carpet down over the large jumps to keep them from coming apart. It actually worked very well.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by trebor
Are you talking about the Fioroni top brace? Or does Losi have one too?
now losi has a top brace just like Fioroni and it is half the price. i think it looks better because it matches the chassis well. here is a picture of it. part number LOSA4440.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 8ight building and setup-c.jpg  
Old 06-15-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

anyone here running the m2c hinge pin plates? i just got the 3 toe 3 anti squat from amain hobbies. my rear end floats much smoother than stock. i wish they made this set up for the front also.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 8ight building and setup-b.jpg   Losi 8ight building and setup-.jpg  
Old 06-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

i just had to post this one too. its a pic of my car running on the track right before qualifying.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 8ight building and setup-d.jpg  
Old 06-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

anyone here running the m2c hinge pin plates? i just got the 3 toe 3 anti squat from amain hobbies. my rear end floats much smoother than stock. i wish they made this set up for the front also.
I use the M2C plates with the weight's and i really like the way the rear feel's now.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Joecool, that's a pretty flat track. You'll love Leisure Hours if you decide to come for the Pro Series.

I will add to Walt's list of outdoor tires for LH the Medial Pro Vega's in Green compound for the mains when the track is blue grooved and a bit blown out. Bowties will last 15 minutes at best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.