Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My ring gears between both vehicles come out to the same 43t count. I already had them on the bench. IDK why the different part numbers.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

the ofset on the gear is different to get the same esh with the smaller pinion gear
Old 05-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ahhhhh, good call. I didn't even think about that. Der de der. LOL
Old 05-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
ahhhhh, good call. I didn't even think about that. Der de der. LOL

X2...Duhhh.....ALL HAIL MICRO.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boostfiend
For those that purchased the kit; were your tires already glued onto the rims?

Thanks!
Nope they are not pre-glued. I used mine for break in tires they are just step pins.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiMadMan
Nope they are not pre-glued. I used mine for break in tires they are just step pins.
Thank you very much. Mine were pre-glued! (..and poorly) I tried writing to Losi, but they've failed to return any email. So I contacted Horizon; told them I had the KIT and they asked me which RTR I had.

Thanks for confirming this for me. I thought I might be the only one here that actually built the kit.

Back to fight with Losi/Horizon.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Im really interested in trying the truggy gearing in the buggy.I have a few questions.

To get the truggy gearing i run the truggy front and rear Diff ring gears and pinions in the buggy,Correct?

What clutchbell should i use?

I have read some things from people that the motor doesn't have to work as hard for the same performance thus making it run cooler and longer runtimes.What does it do to the cars acceleration? What other advantages are there in running this ratio?

Thanks heaps!
Old 05-24-2008, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (92%+)

can you run all black springs on the clutch, will this be the sofest clutch
Old 05-24-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hyper7vspec
Im really interested in trying the truggy gearing in the buggy.I have a few questions.

To get the truggy gearing i run the truggy front and rear Diff ring gears and pinions in the buggy,Correct?

What clutchbell should i use?

I have read some things from people that the motor doesn't have to work as hard for the same performance thus making it run cooler and longer runtimes.What does it do to the cars acceleration? What other advantages are there in running this ratio?

Thanks heaps!
yes, you would run the 8t ring and pinion gears in the front and rear gear boxes. Then you would have to get a 46 or 47t spurr, with the 46 run a 17 tooth clutch bell. with a 47 i would say run a 15tooth bell. If you go back a page or 2 air8 explains the advantages of doing this.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Red face You kidding.....

Might try going back and reading the last three pages. You will find all of the information you need to put the whole thing together. The correct setup needs to be 18 CB to 47 Spur. You can run 18 - 48 or 17 - 46 (Muggy spur gear). I found the 18 - 47 to be the best all around gearing.
Check the post for part numbers and ask if you have any more questions.
TEX
Old 05-25-2008, 04:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

I had a couple quick questions for you guys hoping you could shoot me a little info .

How do you guys check your ride height ? I have the associated gauge and I was wondering if you drop the car from like a foot or so or if you just push the car to a flat surface and then let go and check from there . Is 27 in the front and 28 in the rear the best ?

Also what is everyones best all around favorite tire ????? For just regular old outdoor dirt.......club racing stuff where they water before a round of qualifying and then it's dry as a bone by the end of the round . Tracks I run seem hard underneath once they are run in with a light layer of loose stuff on top .

Here are a few pictures of my car and truck .

Thank you in advance for your replies . Dave
Attached Thumbnails Losi 8ight building and setup-plaque_glen_7.jpg   Losi 8ight building and setup-plaque_glen28.jpg   Losi 8ight building and setup-pict0083a.jpg  
Old 05-25-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I push the car down flat and then measure the lowest part of the chassis on the end in question. I like 27R - 26F for smooth blue groove type tracks. Yours sounds fine for what you are running on.

Losi XBT Red is currently my tire of choice for when you need a pin to go through the top of the dirt.
If you like Bowties then try the Losi Eclipse Red.

Hope this helps,
TEX
Old 05-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dead1dave
I had a couple quick questions for you guys hoping you could shoot me a little info .

How do you guys check your ride height ? I have the associated gauge and I was wondering if you drop the car from like a foot or so or if you just push the car to a flat surface and then let go and check from there . Is 27 in the front and 28 in the rear the best ?

Also what is everyones best all around favorite tire ????? For just regular old outdoor dirt.......club racing stuff where they water before a round of qualifying and then it's dry as a bone by the end of the round . Tracks I run seem hard underneath once they are run in with a light layer of loose stuff on top .

Here are a few pictures of my car and truck .

Thank you in advance for your replies . Dave

I like the Bowfighter tire setup. Bowties up front Crime Fighters in the back. It really depends on the track conditions.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LosiMadMan
I like the Bowfighter tire setup. Bowties up front Crime Fighters in the back. It really depends on the track conditions.
the bowfighter set up is the other way arround. crime fighters up front bowties in the rear. The crime fighters give you the agressive steering while the bowties in the rear allow the car to rotate and not catch the bumps and ruts like a crimefighter would.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
the bowfighter set up is the other way arround. crime fighters up front bowties in the rear. The crime fighters give you the agressive steering while the bowties in the rear allow the car to rotate and not catch the bumps and ruts like a crimefighter would.

x2....ive tried it and it works.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.