Losi 8ight building and setup

You're on Page 286 of 580
Go to
  • Call Losi, they will send you a free one, no questions asked.
  • Make sure it was not stuck to one of the others, I had that happen one time.
  • Quote: Call Losi, they will send you a free one, no questions asked.
    +1, My first 8ight came without a little piece of the throttle linkage, Losi sent me the entire linkage set. I would call them (not email).. all they asked me was for my name and address...
  • Same here, I can't even remember what it was, but it got to my house in 2 days!
  • Quote: Call Losi, they will send you a free one, no questions asked.
    So, can I call them and say I opened my kit and found a box of rocks? Will they send me a new kit no questions asked?
  • Air8, im riding with you guy's to Leisure....
  • Quote: Air8, im riding with you guy's to Leisure....
    What about me? I wanna come?

Does anyone use the RTR chassis for more flex?
    Oh, yesterday I was at LHS and this kids shocks were leaking so another seasoned driver opened them up on the bottom and took out the plastic piece that goes on last before cap and he put a metal washer (from a OFNA clutch shim set) then put the plastic piece then the cap. He said his shocks havent leaked since then. Has anyone else tried this?
  • the losi lst/lst2/aftershock diff gasket will work, also the sportwerks mayhem/turmoil gasets will work.
  • With the black orings I would use a shim to tighten them up. With the new white orings there is no need for the shims. The new oring is thicker.
    Due to this, I have been running one white and one black oring to keep the suspension free as possible.
    TEX
  • Good tip Tex1. Are you putting in the white one first or last?
  • White oring in second. The tighter oring will keep out dirt better.
    Seems to work well.
    TEX
  • Quote: Air8, im riding with you guy's to Leisure....
    Sweet. Glad to hear it. Did anyone say what hotel we're staying at yet?
    Cause I dunno yet.

Tomorrow I'm trying out some new steering pieces. Hoping this will fix my centering issues. I will have the aluminum top servo saver (which didn't fix the problem) and tomorrow a new bottom servo saver piece is going on. I think the bottom piece may be a little worn out. If this is the case, I'm going to stock up on a couple of them.
  • [QUOTE=trebor;3440953]What about me? I wanna come?

Hey Trebor,
    We want you to come. Are u going to make it to leisure? Or is it too far for you. I keep thinking to my self, "Man, that is a long ways to go for racing" I know it will be awesome though.
  • Quote: Sweet. Glad to hear it. Did anyone say what hotel we're staying at yet?
    Cause I dunno yet.

Tomorrow I'm trying out some new steering pieces. Hoping this will fix my centering issues. I will have the aluminum top servo saver (which didn't fix the problem) and tomorrow a new bottom servo saver piece is going on. I think the bottom piece may be a little worn out. If this is the case, I'm going to stock up on a couple of them.
    I had a bad problem with my buggy centering as well. It ended up by my KO servo's. It was brand new and worked good for about 3 weeks....then took a crap. Had one do it in my TC as well. I took them both apart and all gears were fine but you could hold the servo horn and move it a little and it would stay...like it was missing teeth. Switched to all Futaba's and havent had a problem in since.

EA
  • Yep, Freefallmarine talked me into going Futaba as well. As soon as I get tired of my Ace servos, I'm trying Futabas. In his 8 the steering was so smooth. It made me sick. lol. I learned a lot in the brief moments we had to talk. He has some pretty good tips and tricks.