Losi Truggy

Old 02-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Initiate

My new body 8T from France

Old 02-23-2008, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dookiman
I'm new to nitro, so bare with me...

Since this pipe is considered "long", I'm more concerned with it simply not fitting the 8ight T with the motor so far forward on the chassis. The price is right at $45 and the pipe is said to produce good bottom end so it should work well for my engine and our local track...if it fits?
It's more central than forward.....all you do is trim the pipe mount to fit. Just remember to trim in small increments.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:48 PM
Tech Addict

Anyone know the Losi part# for the alu servo horn that will fit the ACE1015 servo?...(same as Airtronics??)

Also...anyone running this pipe on the 8ight T??? Is it too long?
(TTR9796-1 - Thunder Tiger 3-Chamber EFRA 2035 Tuned Pipe (Long) w/Manifold)

thanks for any info!
hey dookiman,

the ace 1015 is futaba compatible not airtronics and the part # is losa99032

and the tt2035 pipe fits no problem at all I run 1 in my 8T from time to time you just need to cut down the exhaust retainer to the required lenght

adrian
Old 02-24-2008, 04:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

BOOST, RETRO RC...thanks for the info! Cant wait to get this thing rollin...
Old 02-24-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

No worries always willing to help out a fellow racer
Old 02-25-2008, 09:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Nice truggy Zigzag. I see you have the aluminum front spindle carriers on. How are they holding up?

Still loving the Ace servos here! They work great, they're fast, and durable so far. I've been using them in all but one vehicle since June '07. T4, XXX-CR, 8ight, 8ight-T, GT2, GT1, and soon to be Ofna GTP D.O.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
Nice truggy Zigzag. I see you have the aluminum front spindle carriers on. How are they holding up?

Still loving the Ace servos here! They work great, they're fast, and durable so far. I've been using them in all but one vehicle since June '07. T4, XXX-CR, 8ight, 8ight-T, GT2, GT1, and soon to be Ofna GTP D.O.
hi air8,

may i know what is your clutch setting ? i was using 2 composite and 2 blue aluminium. i was running this setting till the 5 sessions for my truggy and it seems to wear off alot til my truggy fail to move.

now i change it to 4 long wearing clutch shoes, its silver in color and i match it with silver spring. i got to lean down my low engine in order to make the car move.

may i know what is your setting for your tuggy? kindly advice me yeah.cheersss
Old 02-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Tech Champion

Hmmm... I haven't drove my truggy for a few months now, but I was running 4 aluminum with 2 gold and 2 silver springs. The original 2 composite and 2 aluminum were in there for about a gallon before they wore out. Which is still good life for clutch shoes.

Are you sure the engine is tuned properly? Sounds odd that you would have to lean the low needle because you changed clutch shoes.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:28 PM
Tech Regular

yup mine lasted for a gallon too.

hmn i didnt lean engine down previously when i was using 2 composite and 2 blue aluminium settings. now the long wearing silver shoes have more slippage, so its need to tune up the engine to make it engage.

right now u are driving b44? truggy left aside?

Hmmm... I haven't drove my truggy for a few months now, but I was running 4 aluminum with 2 gold and 2 silver springs. The original 2 composite and 2 aluminum were in there for about a gallon before they wore out. Which is still good life for clutch shoes.

Are you sure the engine is tuned properly? Sounds odd that you would have to lean the low needle because you changed clutch shoes.
yup mine lasted for a gallon too.

hmn i didnt lean it down previously when i was using 2 composite and 2 blue aluminium settings. now the long wearing silver shoes have more slippage, so its need to tune up the engine to make it engage.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:18 AM
Tech Champion

I don't have a B44 yet!! LOL. It looks fun and I need a lot of learning before next winter comes around so I'll have one soon. I've been racing my GT2, T4, and XXX-CR buggy. Our 1/8 scale racing is starting to come back around already. We've been having about 25 racers on Friday nights for nitro. Buggy, Truggy, 1/10 gas and a couple electric 1/10 trucks mixed in. I've spent a lot of time with my GT2 in hopes I can find some good racing during the summer months.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:36 AM
Tech Regular

I don't have a B44 yet!! LOL. It looks fun and I need a lot of learning before next winter comes around so I'll have one soon. I've been racing my GT2, T4, and XXX-CR buggy. Our 1/8 scale racing is starting to come back around already. We've been having about 25 racers on Friday nights for nitro. Buggy, Truggy, 1/10 gas and a couple electric 1/10 trucks mixed in. I've spent a lot of time with my GT2 in hopes I can find some good racing during the summer months.
sound like lot of funs. i m goin to try my b44 when i got my receiver. i just wonder how is it driving an ep buggy compare to a nitro. hope i wil like it...
Old 02-29-2008, 12:53 AM
Tech Champion

LOL. I have no idea. I just ordered a couple servos and a RX to get the truggy running. More ACE 1015's on the way. I think for this year I will try an over-powered engine by using a Novarossi 821. EEEk!! A friend of mine used one last year and it was a beast. But he's a good driver and I'm not that good. But it'll be fun to compare last year to this year.

So I'll hopefully be set up with two ACE 1015 servos, Spektrum RX, Futaba 3PK radio-have been using this for about six month now, Novarossi 821, JP-3 pipe ????, and a whole lot of Proline LPR tires. LOL.

And when I get the B44 on the way I'll need another RX and another ACE. Plus I'll need another ESC, wheels/tires, parts, and transponder. Ugghh. Don't want to think about all that money right now. LOL
Old 02-29-2008, 06:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey 8ighter's...thought I would ask for your expertise one more time.

My roller has arrived! I will use a Thunder Tiger Pro .28 to beginn with. This is the same engine that comes in the MT4. It's new and was given to me for free, so I thought this would be a good beginners engine. I'll use it for about a month or until I get the hang of tuning nitro engines a bit.

I wanted to start shopping now for a good racing engine and would like to hear your input on which engines are working good with the 8ight T. From reading this thread, it looks like alot of you are running .21's and I also see alot of positive info on the Go Tech engines.

Most of the racers at my local track are running RB and Ninja. They seem to be some what expensive though...? Would like to hear what you guys think...

thanks!
Old 02-29-2008, 06:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry...it looks like this same question has been thrown out there in other threads. I would still like to hear from 8ight T owners about race engines though...?

Thanks!
Old 02-29-2008, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Hey 8ighter's...thought I would ask for your expertise one more time.

My roller has arrived! I will use a Thunder Tiger Pro .28 to beginn with. This is the same engine that comes in the MT4. It's new and was given to me for free, so I thought this would be a good beginners engine. I'll use it for about a month or until I get the hang of tuning nitro engines a bit.

I wanted to start shopping now for a good racing engine and would like to hear your input on which engines are working good with the 8ight T. From reading this thread, it looks like alot of you are running .21's and I also see alot of positive info on the Go Tech engines.

Most of the racers at my local track are running RB and Ninja. They seem to be some what expensive though...? Would like to hear what you guys think...

thanks!
RB and Ninja are great engines, but for as much as they cost you'd expect nothing less I'm sure. I've been very pleased with my Go Tech in my 8T so far, it has gobs of power. For the price you can't beat it in my opinion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.