Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

DUDE, there is a for sale thread on this site.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Lat weekend was the first time out for me and my truggy. That this is sweeeeeet!! It sounds like I'll be getting stock in a bearing company though since I was told that the clutch bearings go out.
My only thing I am wondering is there better aftermarket brake disks? I had some serious brake fade in my main.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
I suggest to check the diff case for wear. I ran my buggy for 7 gallons before I put the aluminum bearing inserts in. I had not lost a bearing prior to that, but the diff case did let aluminum inserts move too much for my liking. So I put new diff halves in just to be on the safe side. Now I'm at 13 gallons on the buggy with no issues at all with any of the diffs. Do you have the aluminum inserts? I put them in the truggy before it ever ran, so I don't know how long the plastic inserts would have lasted.
yep i got the alluminum inserts, put there in there before i even drove the thing.

i might get a new set of casings just to be on the safe side, but yeh they havnt done that much work.

just put the alluminum inserts in the buggy aswell after they went ill have to see how its cacings are holding up.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Scott, You use the brakes?!
Part # LOSA3542 Losi HD brake disc set
That should do the trick
Old 11-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mcsquish
Lat weekend was the first time out for me and my truggy. That this is sweeeeeet!! It sounds like I'll be getting stock in a bearing company though since I was told that the clutch bearings go out.
My only thing I am wondering is there better aftermarket brake disks? I had some serious brake fade in my main.
Good to hear you're having a good time. Just be sure to set the clutch shimming close and the gear mesh and you'll get close to a gallon with a set of bearings with regular maintenance. it's a lot of work to get them to last close to a gallon. I've had one set of buggy bearings last a gallon. But never longer.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:48 PM
A.C
Tech Regular

ok out of the box Losi 8T the pro kit, what are the stuff that need to change?

pls advice.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:34 AM
Tech Champion

Nothing NEEDS to change. It's tough as it is. But like all 8th scale vehicles there are things you can do to make the truck bulletproof.

Captured rod ends for the steering links
Front inner aluminum hinge pin cover
Aluminum rear diff case bearing inserts
Aluminum servo saver top
Aluminum steering servo horn
Follow all suggestions for setting up the servos
Put a piece of foam or lexan in the bottom of the battery box
For ease of maintenance a quick change engine mount works great. I think all 8th scales should come with this.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Steve, why didn't you tell me this last week?? I had to use brakes, you were lapping me too fast and I didn't want to hit you.....

Thanks air8, I'll keep an eye on it.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

I'm hoping to run the truggy this weekend. It's been a long time since we had a race around here. I'm itching to run nitro.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I am wanting to purchase a 8T RTR but the throttle servo problem is freaking me out abit. I plan on using the Standard steering servo for the throttle, run a KHZ Stiffner http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/11534 and GMK washers http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/12291 and put a ink pen spring instead of the standard spring and then of course follow the epa adjustments. How long will it be till I have to get a new servo and then another one after that?
Old 11-24-2007, 12:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

My 8T seems to have a lot of play in the steering linkages somewhere, might this be a common problem with these trucks or do I simply have worn out parts that need to be replaced? I bought it used...haven't driven it yet but hope to soon. This is one of the things that caught my eye though...and would like to get it figured out before I do any serious driving. Also the gear mesh is bugging me, I can't seem to get it tight enough (I think). The clutch bell teeth look a lot different than any other clutch bells I have though. Maybe it's because they are worn out?
Old 11-24-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

There is a bit of slop in the Losi's when they are new. My 13 gallon buggy is very loose and the 3 gallon truggy has quite a bit of play. If you feel the slop is causing issues after running it, then replace the plastic for peace of mind. It's kind of hard to determine what you feel is sloppy, so I say just run it. It's offroad.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:57 PM
dol
Tech Rookie

im still using my stock servos no issues

as long as you set you epas and rotate the carb slider as far from the center diff as you poss oh and space the servo up a bit so it doesent hit the chassis it should be all good not that hard just to wack a new servo in any ways

my rtr is the best thing i ever brought
Old 11-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Tech Champion

It's good to hear good fortune on here. Most of the time it's about repair/broken parts and how to fix it. I'm glad you have everything set good and that it's to your liking. I really enjoy my T. So how much run time do you have DOL?
Old 11-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

If your having problems with your servos check out ACE servos. I have a DS1015 for my steering. I bought this digital servo with over 200oz.of torque after the cheap JR servo went out after an hour. This servo now has about 10 hard hours on it with no worries. I love my 8T RTR and am transforming it into a racerLOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.