Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

I absolutely understand my source . As 1 of them is the LHS owner. And 1 is a avid racer . And I feel knows a thing or 2 about the rc world. If you have any insight of the problems with the buggy and muggy , will you explain what the fix is to better conform to what the consumer expects from a rc ? Basically I am assuming that Losi is just gonna expect the buyer to change for the particular rc they buy .....
Old 02-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

I haven't spent any time with the Muggy, so it wouldn't be fair to comment on that truck. As you mentioned, I'm not sure about the radio box problems? Chassis flex..it may just be a matter of gear mesh to alleviate some of the bearing problems. Lots (read: most) of R/C cars flex to some extent. I didn't know they were having servo problems in the Muggy, so shame on me.

The 8IGHT buggy is a different story entirely. I blew out a throttle servo (a few years old) when my car was still pretty new, and thought "great, my car does it too". When my dad put another servo (of the same model) in the car, we spent more time making sure the linkage was correct (pulls and pushes straight, no spring coil-bind, the carb doesn't bind, the brakes don't hang up, nothing hits the diff case, etc.) and I've run the car for nearly 5 gallons since then with no problem.

You guys think that sponsored drivers never crash! I bent a hinge pin when I hit a protruding board on the straightaway at full throttle. Didn't break the arm, but bent the hinge pin. I cracked my wing after I smoked a chain link fence off a triple in Hemet no less than five times last Friday night. And I popped off a rod-end on the steering link when I jumped into the outside wall at a club race last Saturday. I think that's it. And I deserved every one of those broken parts.

My buggy is showing a good amount of wear. The rod-ends are a bit sloppy, the driveshafts and outdrives, etc. all look like the car has been run. I'm on my third set of clutch shoes. But it has OVER FIVE GALLONS THROUGH IT. With a 125cc tank, there are 30 (well, 30.25) tanks in a gallon of fuel. That means my car has 150 tanks of fuel through it. With a conservative estimate of 6 minutes a tank (at many tracks, I've gotten well over 8) that would be 15 hours of run time.

If there are specific changes you can point out for me, I'd love to hear them and pass them along to the people that need to hear them. But I don't even know where to start when I hear "this buggy has problems, fix it".

PM me with your responses, if you may.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well I will say it again , the muggy gearing is wrong and the buggies front end wear are the biggest complaints I hear . And I am sure the company has been notified plenty of times about these issues.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have mine on order and looking forward to that new Truggy Smell...
Old 02-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

I'm anxious for the new truck as well...can't wait!
Old 02-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
me too!
Old 02-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Tech Rookie

I know, i'm bout ready to order the buggie but the voices are telling me to hold out for the truck
Old 02-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

...or you get one of each, hehe.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Tech Rookie

...or you get one of each, hehe.
would love to, getting one past the wife is gonna be tough enough

i've never seen any truggy in person, just how big are the tires on them.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Truggy (or 1/8th scale truck, as they really should be called now) use (roughly) the same size tires as the T-Maxx and other standard monster trucks.

Just buy the wife something nice while you're out shopping, she'll forgive.

I've seen someone buy a new R/C car at a hobby shop, take it out of the box, walk out to the planter by the parking lot and cover it in dirt, throw the box and stuff away, and put the (now dirty!) new toy in his car.

His reasoning? So his wife wouldn't think it was new, hahaha.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Aaron, thats a pretty good trick. I wonder mine?? hmm cna this work. i have to think something new kit or parts to go along with this trick.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Just buy the wife something nice while you're out shopping, she'll forgive.

I've seen someone buy a new R/C car at a hobby shop, take it out of the box, walk out to the planter by the parking lot and cover it in dirt, throw the box and stuff away, and put the (now dirty!) new toy in his car.

His reasoning? So his wife wouldn't think it was new, hahaha.

i just love this site......it's sooooo informative. you can learn all kinds of tricks and tips.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Hahaha great. I hope none of your wives read this place or I'm a dead man.

I know I've said this here before....my excuse with women has always been (not saying it's a good idea, but this is how I justified spending weeks away from home racing toy cars):

"Toy cars have been a part of my life longer than you have."

A few girls in high school didn't think that was very funny. The new one just asks to tag along when I go to the track. Perhaps that's a big reason why she's not an ex yet?
Old 02-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by dirtracer1
i just love this site......it's sooooo informative. you can learn all kinds of tricks and tips.
i don't think it will work for me, i don't have anything r/c right now so if i come home with two cars and all the gear she's gonna know that i've been bad. she's a internet surfing machine, she'll find out how much i spent. guess my only defense can be to blame aaron, say he told me to do it... hahahaha
Old 02-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 216 (100%+)

just do what i did..... get rid of the wife and the rc life gets a ton better i promise . i am currently running the hyper 8 pro kit and the jammin crt pro kit, but i am about to make the switch to losi. The losi is definately the best 1/8 on the market and the new truggy is gonna be great also. just my .02....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.