Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Unable to figure out which tmaxx version I have >

Unable to figure out which tmaxx version I have

Unable to figure out which tmaxx version I have

Old 11-16-2022, 05:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Unable to figure out which tmaxx version I have

I am having difficulty distinguishing which version of tmaxx I have , it is partially converted to electric( I purchased it without an engine )but on this forum I am unable to post pictures so what are the main distinguishing factors of the versions?
thanks a lot
Old 11-17-2022, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Take this question to the monster truck section
Old 11-20-2022, 01:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As far as I know, all of the T-Maxx components are interchangeable between versions, so you can't necessarily tell what version yours started out as by looking at its current configuration. You'd need to ask the original owner. For example, I have a "T-Maxx Classic" (the renamed original version when the newer longer 3.3 version was released), but mine has the better-built grey transmission, OptiDrive electronic shift manager, steel brake disc, and sealed differentials from the newer 3.3 version installed on it. I could've installed the Revo-style hubs, sealed CVDs, and longer chassis plate too, at which point there would be no way to tell it wasn't always a 3.3 version.

Unless you think you've got a really rare early version that a collector might pay top dollar for, there's not much point figuring out what version it is. Just bolt on the parts you want and let it rip.

Build Complete: Traxxas T-Maxx 2.5
Build Complete: Another Traxxas T-Maxx