Search
Like Tree40Likes

2022 IFMAR 1/8 IC Offroad Worlds

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2022, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 2022 IFMAR 1/8 IC Offroad Worlds

The 1/8 Offroad Worlds finally return this year and they kicked off with three rounds of practice at RC Redovan in Spain at 9 local time this morning.

RC Racing TV will have live coverage starting Tuesday at 9 am local time (3 am here on the east coast of the US). They will be live streaming on their YouTube channel and Facebook page all the way through the Trophy Presentation
Old 09-04-2022, 10:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Old 09-04-2022, 10:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Winner's Circle likes this.
Old 09-04-2022, 10:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Winner's Circle likes this.
Old 09-04-2022, 10:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Winner's Circle and Jonnydb like this.
Old 09-06-2022, 09:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Qualifying day 1 kicks off at 8:30 am Wednesday local time. They will run 3 rounds today and 3 Thursday.
Old 09-07-2022, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Let’s get some replies going in here.

looks like phend is going to take on the challenge this week and showed up to race for a title. Amazing how much time he has made up in the last 3 days of driving as well as a few of the other Americans. Anyone know what’s going on with cav?

first worlds in 4 years, the reponses on here have me a little confused as to where we go to talk about these events nowadays…
Old 09-07-2022, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I have to admit they are starting to make a rivalry against phend the American and ongaro the euro, these two have stepped it up big time I’ve watched every lap so far and can tell the amount of work put in is immense but so many other guys have stepped up as well. Just waiting for maifield next to get in there.

after today I would say early predictions from our Americans are phend, tesseman maifield Ogden, on the euros side ongaro ronnefalk canas coelho, one of those 8 will win. It’s amazing how they can get there buggy’s to stick and then dart out of corners, they hit ever kicker as hard as they can and the rear ends don’t explode. These guys can dial in cars to go fast is all I can say. I was amazed today that ty was able to reel in ongaro a bit in q2 or 3 till a last lap mistake, this says our boys have a chance and that chance is getting better as the week progresses. I have to admit they are starting to make a rivalry against phend the American and ongaro the euro, these two have stepped it up big time I’ve watched every lap so far and can tell the amount of work put in is immense but so many other guys have stepped up as well. Just waiting for maifield next to get in there.

after today I would say early predictions from our Americans are phend, tesseman maifield Ogden, on the euros side ongaro ronnefalk canas coelho, one of those 8 will win. It’s amazing how they can get there buggy’s to stick and then dart out of corners, they hit ever kicker as hard as they can and the rear ends don’t explode. These guys can dial in cars to go fast is all I can say. I was amazed today that ty was able to reel in ongaro a bit in q2 or 3 till a last lap mistake, this says our boys have a chance and that chance is getting better as the week progresses.

Old 09-07-2022, 09:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
I have to admit they are starting to make a rivalry against phend the American and ongaro the euro, these two have stepped it up big time I’ve watched every lap so far and can tell the amount of work put in is immense but so many other guys have stepped up as well. Just waiting for maifield next to get in there.

after today I would say early predictions from our Americans are phend, tesseman maifield Ogden, on the euros side ongaro ronnefalk canas coelho, one of those 8 will win. It’s amazing how they can get there buggy’s to stick and then dart out of corners, they hit ever kicker as hard as they can and the rear ends don’t explode. These guys can dial in cars to go fast is all I can say. I was amazed today that ty was able to reel in ongaro a bit in q2 or 3 till a last lap mistake, this says our boys have a chance and that chance is getting better as the week progresses. I have to admit they are starting to make a rivalry against phend the American and ongaro the euro, these two have stepped it up big time I’ve watched every lap so far and can tell the amount of work put in is immense but so many other guys have stepped up as well. Just waiting for maifield next to get in there.

after today I would say early predictions from our Americans are phend, tesseman maifield Ogden, on the euros side ongaro ronnefalk canas coelho, one of those 8 will win. It’s amazing how they can get there buggy’s to stick and then dart out of corners, they hit ever kicker as hard as they can and the rear ends don’t explode. These guys can dial in cars to go fast is all I can say. I was amazed today that ty was able to reel in ongaro a bit in q2 or 3 till a last lap mistake, this says our boys have a chance and that chance is getting better as the week progresses.

Yea i agree one of those will win the set ups are unbelievable. At each track!!
Old 09-08-2022, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What... What even is this?!?
E1 Diablo likes this.
Old 09-08-2022, 02:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thoughts and questions:
*Only one FEMCA driver in the top 100. Is nitro off-road 1/8 not popular in that region?
*If I am reading top 10 correctly, only 1x each TLR and Associated (albeit 2-1, respectively) and no more than 2 of any other chassis in the top 10. Is this diversity a function of the vehicles all being so close in capability?
*Maifield - Not cracking top 5 in any Q round and not breaking top 15 in 4 of his six Qs. Any particular issue(s) plague him?
Old 09-08-2022, 04:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gee-dub
Thoughts and questions:
*Only one FEMCA driver in the top 100. Is nitro off-road 1/8 not popular in that region?
*If I am reading top 10 correctly, only 1x each TLR and Associated (albeit 2-1, respectively) and no more than 2 of any other chassis in the top 10. Is this diversity a function of the vehicles all being so close in capability?
*Maifield - Not cracking top 5 in any Q round and not breaking top 15 in 4 of his six Qs. Any particular issue(s) plague him?
Probably the kind of circuit. European circuits are huge! much more big than any here and less bumpy with high traction. Its has some bumps but the circuit is more designed for being like on-road instead of off-road. That circuits so big it's difficult to be precise because the view from the podium. Plus Valencia is really hot right now, it's like being here at 103-110F let's see how the tires are going to performance in the final , it will be surprises.

Telling you that, because I raced in Spain ( Im spaniard ).
E1 Diablo likes this.
Old 09-08-2022, 05:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gee-dub
From the live interview I saw he was struggling a bit with the car along with getting the right mindset. I know theres a lot of mental drive that these guys deal with. Especially when they start trying to push the pace.

I'm actually really surprised to see a lot of big names that are extremely fast that didn't attend the Worlds this year. I wonder what the status is for the likes of Hara, Billy Easton, Mike Truhe, Cody King, Billy Fisher, Aydin Horne, CJ Jelin, Carson Wernimont, and others. I also didn't see Serpent, Proline, or Orion in attendance at all which I thought was interesting.

Edit: I did finally see Aydin's name on the qualifying sheet. Nice to see he was able to make it to Spain.

Last edited by Gixer Jay; 09-09-2022 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Update
Old 09-08-2022, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gixer Jay
From the live interview I saw he was struggling a bit with the car along with getting the right mindset. I know theres a lot of mental drive that these guys deal with. Especially when they start trying to push the pace.

I'm actually really surprised to see a lot of big names that are extremely fast that didn't attend the Worlds this year. I wonder what the status is for the likes of Hara, Billy Easton, Mike Truhe, Cody King, Billy Fisher, Aydin Horne, CJ Jelin, Carson Wernimont, and others. I also didn't see Serpent, Proline, or Orion in attendance at all which I thought was interesting.
that list you are wishing for says to me that you have been out of the RC game for a while.. when was the last time Carson entered any RC race??
Buckland likes this.
Old 09-08-2022, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

A lot of those guys you've listed have aged quite a bit and no longer in contention... Hara, Easton, True, Fisher. I haven't seen Carson Wernimont race in years. I believe he's retired from RC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.