2022 IFMAR 1/8 IC Offroad Worlds >

2022 IFMAR 1/8 IC Offroad Worlds

Like Tree40Likes

2022 IFMAR 1/8 IC Offroad Worlds

Old 11-28-2022, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token View Post
Phend was in 3rd 51 mins in 7 seconds back from 2nd. Canas passed him for 3rd, had some bobbles and flamed.... IMO it was a hell of a drive starting last in that field of drivers..
From the standpoint of equipment, Phend seemed to be able to keep reasonable pace with the leaders. What I believe ultimately did him in was the poor qualifying which led to starting at the back of the grid. You can be as fast as the race leader, but it's one think to keep pace and another thing to catch/overtake the guy out front, which was simply not possible this time. Hopefully he'll use these next 2 years to take his craft to a higher level and win next time.
Old 01-14-2023, 01:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Amazing how much time he has made up in the last 3 days of driving as well as a few of the other Americans. Anyone know what’s going on with cav?
Old 01-14-2023, 06:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cav was released by TLR and he signed with WRC. He is making his 2023 debut at the TNR A Main Challenge next weekend then likely off to DNC
Old 02-01-2023, 07:50 AM
JQ
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tmth3 View Post
where was the second best mayako? And what does that have to do with anything? In this world there are winners and losers. And ae got it right now. Back to back. He’s clearly a fan of the brand and cheering his team on. Imagine if mayako won the worlds and some sore-losing hater got in here asking where the second best mayako landed?
Way to miss the point. I was responding to this:

"The Associated buggy is not getting enough praise. Back 2 back world champion!
Put some respect on it. With me being here in SoCal I see these guys testing and putting the time in. You can't cheat the process."

Ongaro is a unicorn, he runs a setup that no one else runs, because his style is like no one elses. This is a known fact. The post I was responding to was claiming that the buggy is what is making the difference. I disagree, I think the difference here is Ongaro and his team, NOT the buggy. AE have World and European Champions, and Worlds/Euros podium finishers, main finishers on their team. That's why my comment is relevant. Where was the 2nd best AE? If the car is that good, then a winning pro should be somewhere close to Ongaro, correct? There was no one there, and there is a reason for that. As for Mayako, there was no other capable driver at the Worlds. I'm sorry I prefer fact over fiction.
1/8 IC Fan likes this.