Associated Prototype >

Associated Prototype

Like Tree26Likes

Associated Prototype

Old 01-18-2022, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Associated Prototype

I have heard a lot of chatter that there will be a new 1/8th release for AE with the prototype potentially being ran at DNC next month. Has anyone heard similar or have any intel they can share?
Old 01-18-2022, 05:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by kel_racing View Post
I have heard a lot of chatter that there will be a new 1/8th release for AE with the prototype potentially being ran at DNC next month. Has anyone heard similar or have any intel they can share?
Yeah, there gonna copy everything on the MBX8R.
Old 01-18-2022, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mickey_B View Post
i did find it kind of coincidental that the new Mugen comes out and now ae is potentially offering a new car. Iíve also heard rumblings of ae going back to c-hub
Old 01-18-2022, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mickey_B View Post
The new Mugen parts make it closer to the geometry of the rc8b3.2 so in this case, Mugen is the one "copying".
Old 01-19-2022, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MX304 View Post
The new Mugen parts make it closer to the geometry of the rc8b3.2 so in this case, Mugen is the one "copying".
HaHa, you got me on that one. Hopefully it drives better than the AE buggy.
token and ZEe_NYC like this.
Old 01-19-2022, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MX304 View Post
Or closer to MBX6 geometryÖ..
Old 01-21-2022, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Dang, I'm considering swithcing to nitro. AE releasing a new buggy would make me switch. any further word on this said prototype?
Old 01-21-2022, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Source: https://www.rcmag.com/modules.php?na...wtopic&t=75054
Old 01-21-2022, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i did find it kind of coincidental that the new Mugen comes out and now ae is potentially offering a new car. I’ve also heard rumblings of ae going back to c-hub
Geesch.. its about time, at least I can say my 8e4.0 went full monty on the C-hub conversion before Thunder Tiger AE RC8 did... lol thats if this pans out to be true.

I guess I got caught copying future tech. yeah no.. not really
Old 01-21-2022, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i did find it kind of coincidental that the new Mugen comes out and now ae is potentially offering a new car. Iíve also heard rumblings of ae going back to c-hub
When the RC8B3 was first released, AE said they had designed a C-Hub "conversion" for it if they felt the pillow ball style wasn't going to work out. Obviously it was never released, but maybe they have decided to go that direction now.
Old 01-24-2022, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

IDK now that I've done some more research I think it will just be a geometry change, I could be wrong, but signs are pointing to front end geometry changes and hopefully stock kits will include hd plastics.

My whole point to this post was to get some other opinions. I am about to jump back in now that my son is showing interest and didn't want to drop money on numerous kits just to have a new kit drop 2-3 months later.
Old 01-24-2022, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

IDK now that I've done some more research I think it will just be a geometry change, I could be wrong, but signs are pointing to front end geometry changes and hopefully stock kits will include hd plastics.

My whole point to this post was to get some other opinions. I am about to jump back in now that my son is showing interest and didn't want to drop money on numerous kits just to have a new kit drop 2-3 months later.
New kit is coming, so I would off or if your trying to save some coin get one the kits thatís out. They are marked down pretty good.
token likes this.
Old 01-25-2022, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Please share your research. I am itching for more info on this buggy.
Old 01-25-2022, 11:09 AM
Regional Moderator

Im considering a 1/8th buggy. Split between going brushless for the performance or nitro for the nostalgia. This is good timing. Cant wait to see what ae releases.
Old 01-25-2022, 04:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by perez62682 View Post
Please share your research. I am itching for more info on this buggy.

I wish I could but my source is a team driver and I don't want his limited knowledge of what's coming to jeopardize his place on the team. I will say we need to pay close attention to the buggies running DNC, Rivkin and Ongaro especially, maybe Lee Setser but I'm not sure if he is going or if he will get the prototype in hand. There are reasons they have that buggy blurred in videos. Even my source doesn't have great knowledge of what exactly is coming. They have kept this one tight lipped.

Max Mort who ran associated for a few years out of Finland, was part of some design discussions, he believes that the KPI will be lessened and front end geometry changed, but anything is on the table I'd presume. Rivkin swore another car wasn't coming all the way through the holidays.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.