Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Nemo Racing Agama 1/8th Buggy A422 >

Nemo Racing Agama 1/8th Buggy A422

Like Tree75Likes

Nemo Racing Agama 1/8th Buggy A422

Old 07-13-2023, 07:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Droop is only 1 issue, but it's bloody obvious the shaft being longer than the body and sticking out of the damn top is an issue as well. Short body lack of front end droop, long shaft puncturing the bladder and literally coming out of the barrel. If you actually saw the car in person and see the huge difference of front to rear droop your definitely going to scratch your head. Forget how it looks in video. Look at the designil itself and explain WTF is that shaft doing popping out of the barrel and why such a length was thought of even being used. It's amateur. My friend made 5mm longer bodies in 2 days, and now it is proper. Piston stays in the shock body, and now has adequate droop. Why this mismatch of lengths was done in beyond me, but that's not proper design.
Old 07-13-2023, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

quoted wrong guy

Old 07-13-2023, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by captain america
The punctured bladder wouldn't be caused by lack of droop, but by the shock piston retaining nut hitting the bladder upon uptravel/shock compression. It could be a design issue, defective part, or user error. I wasn't there, so I can't comment. I suppose that's one way to test an emulsion bladder!

There are a few videos of the car out now, and it looks like a pretty decent performer. That's hard to overlook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHsoIi6zf_Y

well you may have missed the post above, where the shock piston is coming all the way out of the shock body..
petersen114 likes this.
Old 07-14-2023, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silence360
My friend got the car to test, and I'm not really too impressed with it. However I can't really speak for him. The front of the car lacks droop, and the shock body is way too short. They even suggest to unscrew the lower shock ends for more droop, but the shock body is soo short. Even if you don't run the bladder, the piston comes out of the body way too much. Adding limiters isn't an option ,as it already has a lack of both travel, and droop for tracks with big jumps. What my buddy ended up doing was machining new shock bodies that are 5mm longer, and now it's perfect. Plenty of droop, and allows the shock shaft included with his kit to have full range of travel without hitting the cap, and he can run it with or without the bladder now without the worry of it being pierced. I don't really understand why they went with such a short body in the front, when the rear has plenty of droop. Even with the lower shock ends not unscrewed the body is way too short.

There is a longer shock body coming that will be offered in some capacity from Agama. The N1E will come standard with it from what I hear. My car is currently built with cut down front shock bodies from a 319 (I think) that mimic the new part closely. Droop and up-travel are no longer an issue.

As always, the guys are hard at work trying improve so I wouldnít be surprised to see additional tuning parts available in the future.

ROSCOE, PEASNQUES and Shark Tooth like this.
Old 07-14-2023, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

How do you release a car with an obvious issue then release a part "in some capacity" whatever that means, to fix the problem? is it going to be free?
petersen114 and Buckland like this.
Old 07-14-2023, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kgombe
How do you release a car with an obvious issue then release a part "in some capacity" whatever that means, to fix the problem? is it going to be free?
No clue on if it will be free or anything like that.

When stuff transfers from prototype to production, things can be tested 100x and something can still get mixed up in the production run. When you really think about it, it has happened to many manufacturers, even the big ones.

Xray 1/8 bulkheads and arms exploding, the entire RC8B3 buggy, The recent HB 2wd that costs as much as most 1/8 kits that had to have B6.3 and B6.4 parts installed to finish a race, etc. Those are HUGE companies and they are still not immune to it.

This car is extremely capable and more is being learned at every outing. Hugo Tavernon has showed speed in Europe at multiple events now. They will keep working and keep evolving the car.

hairymuffin likes this.
Old 07-14-2023, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Racerx336
No clue on if it will be free or anything like that.

When stuff transfers from prototype to production, things can be tested 100x and something can still get mixed up in the production run. When you really think about it, it has happened to many manufacturers, even the big ones.

Xray 1/8 bulkheads and arms exploding, the entire RC8B3 buggy, The recent HB 2wd that costs as much as most 1/8 kits that had to have B6.3 and B6.4 parts installed to finish a race, etc. Those are HUGE companies and they are still not immune to it.

This car is extremely capable and more is being learned at every outing. Hugo Tavernon has showed speed in Europe at multiple events now. They will keep working and keep evolving the car.

while I agree, if I had this car it would be sitting on the bench because I donít have a machine shop to make shock bodiesÖ

that just doesnít spell confidence at all.. stop telling me what other brands failed at as an excuse for this failure. if anything their quality control should be better because of others failures, not the same..

those are lame excuses

but like me youíre just speculatingÖ
Mickey_B likes this.
Old 07-14-2023, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

It could be a manufacturing screw-up. All it takes is one bad keystroke and a critical part is useless, then compound that with existing supplier delays, and rather than hold all the kits at the factory to change the part and delay the release an extra 2 months, they take the reasonable decision of releasing the kit as-is and make running changes. This is nothing new.

-Original Losi 8ight: bad shock o-rings caused the shocks to leak; steering servo placement led to many servo failures
-Serpent 811 gen 1: also servo placement issues; radio tray had to be redesigned-- and this is a company renown for its racing and engineering!
-Xray 808: sloppy diff tolerances led to bearing failures, but they milked those cases for the duration of the line. Luxury RC my a$$!
-Original RC8: substandard materials quality; poor track performance, 1st gen shocks were awful!
-Mugen MBX6: numerous front lower arm failures
-Kyosho MP9: also numerous arm failures, then its successor the MP10, which many consider a step backward in handling from the MP9TKI3
-Losi 8ight x v1: bad engineering; the car is virtually undrivable

And that's just the highlights I remember!
Old 07-14-2023, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by captain america
It could be a manufacturing screw-up. All it takes is one bad keystroke and a critical part is useless, then compound that with existing supplier delays, and rather than hold all the kits at the factory to change the part and delay the release an extra 2 months, they take the reasonable decision of releasing the kit as-is and make running changes. This is nothing new.

-Original Losi 8ight: bad shock o-rings caused the shocks to leak; steering servo placement led to many servo failures
-Serpent 811 gen 1: also servo placement issues; radio tray had to be redesigned-- and this is a company renown for its racing and engineering!
-Xray 808: sloppy diff tolerances led to bearing failures, but they milked those cases for the duration of the line. Luxury RC my a$$!
-Original RC8: substandard materials quality; poor track performance, 1st gen shocks were awful!
-Mugen MBX6: numerous front lower arm failures
-Kyosho MP9: also numerous arm failures, then its successor the MP10, which many consider a step backward in handling from the MP9TKI3
-Losi 8ight x v1: bad engineering; the car is virtually undrivable

And that's just the highlights I remember!

again, who cares about other cars screw ups from what 10years + ago? Re:MBX6

they were suppose to have QA.. the cars were packed in their warehouse..

so in essence their QA is non existent or they didnít care?

happy Friday.. oh snaps itís raining today so I canít race my cars..

thatís nothing it rained back at the 2008 worlds and it went fine.. lol

ok Iím done
Old 08-10-2023, 02:53 PM
Tech Rookie

I was about to order the electric version, but reached out and asked about the shock body length issue,

I asked if the length of the shock body has been increased on the electric version and this was the reply (also mentioned that my friend had pierced the bladder on his nitro version.

ďHi Kay yea by 4mm. Also please get your friend to contact and we will supply some free 4mm plus bodies for themĒ

so anyone worried about the issue should feel comfort that there is a free fix from nemo racing.
Mickey_B likes this.
Old 08-13-2023, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

don't forget the hole in the bladder cause by this
we are all using the emulsion caps anyway. You talk a lot of smack to not have one in your possession to scrutinize. Remember it was tested in the uk, different conditions compared to us here in the US. Once the new shock bodies come out, what will people(without) the car complain about next? Omg the front shock body is getting scratched.. omg what a dumb design😂
token likes this.
Old 08-13-2023, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Got to love the fans that are boys..
Old 08-14-2023, 02:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Why follow the thread? I only follow threads for cars I own, Iím not interested n other cars, thatís just me. Especially if Iím gonna bring negativity to a thread.. but yes Iím a fan
token likes this.
Old 08-14-2023, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
Why follow the thread? I only follow threads for cars I own, I’m not interested n other cars, that’s just me. Especially if I’m gonna bring negativity to a thread.. but yes I’m a fan

you are not the gold standard for why people follow threads…

I did unsubscribed from this thread but a fanboy decided to quote me and bring me back in

Last edited by kgombe; 08-14-2023 at 06:12 AM.
Old 09-05-2023, 05:04 AM
Tech Initiate

hairymuffin likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.