Like Tree363Likes

Mayako

Old 11-20-2022, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

This is a great looking buggy. I am sure it is just as capable as any other platform, David Ronnefalk just recently proved it.

My ride is a HB and will remain that way.
However , if I were shopping the buggy market. My only drawback on selecting this kit would be the lack of local support. I have run cars in the past in which no shops stocked any parts. I hated carrying so many parts, or even an extra kit so I could repair any breakage.

I am seeing a few of the cars show up at my local track. They do look good.
MXRCF1 likes this.
Old 11-23-2022, 05:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpz_67 View Post
This is a great looking buggy. I am sure it is just as capable as any other platform, David Ronnefalk just recently proved it.

My ride is a HB and will remain that way.
However , if I were shopping the buggy market. My only drawback on selecting this kit would be the lack of local support. I have run cars in the past in which no shops stocked any parts. I hated carrying so many parts, or even an extra kit so I could repair any breakage.

I am seeing a few of the cars show up at my local track. They do look good.

Agreed, the car looks amazing.
Old 11-23-2022, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by Logante View Post
Agreed, the car looks amazing.

You should go buy one.
Old 12-23-2022, 09:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Would this be too of a advanced car for someone wanting to get
into that hobby at club racing level? No local hobby shops so no matter what I will ordering parts
Old 12-24-2022, 01:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by splitoris View Post
into that hobby at club racing level? No local hobby shops so no matter what I will ordering parts
You will have problems building it if you are still a rookie . You need a bit more experience to build it.
Old 12-24-2022, 03:32 AM
Tech Elite

If you're racing at club, regional or national level - your competitors will be busy buying the best kit they can afford. So should you - if you're already decided and want to enjoy the sport for the forseeable.

Differences between building any of the top brands will be comparitively minor. You shouldn't be put off buying one over the other for fear of it being much harder to build. That's simply not the case.

If you're <14 years old, it's a good idea to have some one experienced to assist with certain stuff no matter what you choose to run with.

Assembling any of the current 1/8th kits will require the same amount of effort and knowhow. If you get stuck with anything, you have the forum/s and in the case of Mayako, you also have the whole JQ community aspect side of things - specifically to help Mayako owners.
Old 12-24-2022, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

If you sign up for the membership, the car itself is less expensive and you have access to the online Mayako discord community. This is the best resource of them all, you can get all the setup and building help you need from other members, racers, and even the car designers. https://usa.mayako.com/memebership-en

There is everyone from World Champion pros to local racers on there always willing to help, and you have access to tons of racing setup and even practice/training advice. It is like nothing else out there, and would be perfect for someone looking to get into racing.

The car itself is also the most adjustable one on the market in terms of how you can set it up.
Horatio and themountain like this.
Old 12-24-2022, 03:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Phillip F View Post
You will have problems building it if you are still a rookie . You need a bit more experience to build it.
I did put together a mp9 few years ago. Got it broke in and than local track closed. Sold everything.
New local track has opened.
Old 12-25-2022, 02:23 AM
Tech Elite

Modern kits are are waaaay easier to build than the older ones. Better instructions, more accurately made parts and better QC.

This isn't your first build - you'll be fine! choose whatever you like.

The newer stuff is like lego with screws.
Old 12-26-2022, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

I did put together a mp9 few years ago. Got it broke in and than local track closed. Sold everything.
New local track has opened.
when you get the kit there is a QR code on the chassis that directs to everything... once you sign up in Discord you can ask around when it comes to the assembly.
Old 01-01-2023, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Where can one buy a kit in the us? The mayako site says you can only buy from the international store???
Old 01-01-2023, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wely324 View Post
Where can one buy a kit in the us? The mayako site says you can only buy from the international store???
I don't think you can. Amain and others have parts, but the car has to come from the international store.
Old 01-01-2023, 05:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

There will be regional MX8 nitro kits available from the USA store.
I'd send them a message if you want a firm date, but I believe it will be this month.

I know there is a big shipment on the way to Mayako USA.
themountain likes this.
Old 01-04-2023, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wely324 View Post

https://rrtrc.com/

I bought 2 US Spec Kits here.. $689.99 plus shipping
Old 01-06-2023, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

https://shopjtp.com/collections/mayako

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.