Search
Like Tree451Likes

Mayako

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2022, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mickey_B
Also, any plans for US distributing. I added a buggy to the cart and it was $75.00 shipping to US. So for those in US what happens when you need parts? You pay international shipping.
For right now, yes, you pay international shipping. They are supposed to set up US distribution. Reach out to Tony Scarsella or Mike Walker. They should be able to give you an idea of when then US distribution will be up and running.
Old 02-10-2022, 09:58 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Medic29358
Unfortunately no, those prices were for the initial release of the prototype. As raw material cost have gone up so have the prices of kits, like we’ve seen with the new Mugen and others.
The site is showing the buggy is $689.00

Assuming that is the actual price of the buggy but you as a member are now unable to get the stated membership price, what now is the membership price for the actual buggy, assuming all the other items are the same (membership in the chart is $420, appears to be 25% off on parts?). If your membership price for the buggies is going up but not the non-member price, personally that seems to kill a lot of the benefit of the membership just from that aspect, especially if the discount for parts is less too. Not saying there isn't value to the other things you get with membership, but just something to factor in. Maybe a percentage discount is better way to handle overall product price increase? So for example based on what it is in that spreadsheet, buggy is 55% of the retail cost for members as far as what that is stating. So if you are going to raise the retail cost, by default using a percentage setup, it increases for members but is still the same percentage.

Membership did go up from that chart:

Lasty, be cool with this brand that they don't initially try to shoot the moon with pricing, getting butts in the seats personally should be first priority. Not saying you have to give the buggies away, but Kyosho's which usually are closer to the top of the range from what I recall are only $699.99 at Amain and do allow coupon discounts as well as having free shipping.

Side thing, in general for nitro do you guys normally buy $400 - $500 worth of spare parts? I usually keep the common suspension items on hand and I am more an electric racer so maybe more nitro stuff you keep on as spares, just seems a bit high to me, maybe $100 - $200 for me at least if I am pushing it on common spares like suspension parts?

Last edited by Cain; 02-10-2022 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-10-2022, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Mayako USA should be open soon I hear.
Old 02-10-2022, 11:39 AM
Tech Rookie

For those wondering about pricing, only the "base price" changes for members (with the addition of chassis engraving and members only wing colour). So you can get an idea of what the price of the options are on the webshop.
The members price for the base MX8-22 is $439, whereas the retail base price is $689. The base price for the ebuggy is $399.99 and this is only available to members. Both cars will be available early spring.

The worldwide distribution situation is in progress, with Mayako USA being stocked of parts and will open in the coming days. In a couple of weeks parts will be available direct, Mayako USA, Mayako Europe or various local Service Centres (which will be announced soon).
At this time only parts and options will be avialable at these Service Centres, kits only available direct (allowing for customisation). Regional kits are likely in the future, where each region will have specific configurations on hand (non customisable) which will be worked on with each Service Centre for that specific market.

Cain likes this.
Old 02-10-2022, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm intrigued by the car but pass. Way too complicated ^
Old 02-10-2022, 06:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by D1Rk
I'm intrigued by the car but pass. Way too complicated ^
Whats too complicated?
Buckland likes this.
Old 02-11-2022, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Whats too complicated?

I would say pricing, getting parts, and kits.
Joe H, D1Rk and rearviewmirror like this.
Old 02-11-2022, 08:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mickey_B
I would say pricing, getting parts, and kits.
I will admit the pricing can seem a little confusing at first. There’s a base price for the car. Then depending on the options you want, those prices vary. What your doing is customizing the car to your preferred driving requirements for your local track conditions. Instead of getting a “basic” kit with a pre determined option package that the manufacturer has decided on. Such as, piston, spring, anti-roll bar and caster angle, are all decided on by the manufacturer. THen what happens is most people need to buy extra parts to make the car “work” for their track conditions. The thought with Mayako is you will hopefully be closer to that perfect setup right out of the box. At least that’s how I see it.

Parts availability has been discussed before and there is a US distributer that will be on line any day now. I wouldn’t worry about parts availability.

The kits, well right now they’re only available direct from the manufacturer. The only difference between buying a Mayako VS. an Associated for example, is Mayako is coming from China. Your still getting it from the manufacturer. In the US, most folks were getting their kits within a week of the shipping date, a lot go them sooner. I personally got mine within 4 days in the west coast.

But remember this, this is the first year for Mayako. There are a lot of plans in the works and this is just the beginning😉
Old 02-11-2022, 12:09 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I will admit the pricing can seem a little confusing at first. There’s a base price for the car. Then depending on the options you want, those prices vary. What your doing is customizing the car to your preferred driving requirements for your local track conditions. Instead of getting a “basic” kit with a pre determined option package that the manufacturer has decided on. Such as, piston, spring, anti-roll bar and caster angle, are all decided on by the manufacturer. THen what happens is most people need to buy extra parts to make the car “work” for their track conditions. The thought with Mayako is you will hopefully be closer to that perfect setup right out of the box. At least that’s how I see it.

Parts availability has been discussed before and there is a US distributer that will be on line any day now. I wouldn’t worry about parts availability.

The kits, well right now they’re only available direct from the manufacturer. The only difference between buying a Mayako VS. an Associated for example, is Mayako is coming from China. Your still getting it from the manufacturer. In the US, most folks were getting their kits within a week of the shipping date, a lot go them sooner. I personally got mine within 4 days in the west coast.

But remember this, this is the first year for Mayako. There are a lot of plans in the works and this is just the beginning😉
I like the fact you can do some customization on the stuff you want the kit to come with. I remember as a distributor for LC Racing doing that with the stuff we wanted here, it was interesting to see how much cheaper a part got when it was included in the box versus putting it separate in its fancy baggy.

That is part of why I went with the comparison using the chart that was provided by Mayako showing the cost benefits of there membership plan versus a non-membership style traditional vehicle basis. With cost increases being seen, it should be something that if its still being put out there as a reference have it updated to better reflect the current conditions these days.

Old 02-19-2022, 07:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Mayakogreat guide
Old 03-16-2022, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thread gone silent after DNC? Even DR social media is dead.. what's going on here..

bratan likes this.
Old 03-16-2022, 10:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

It did kinda go dead. I think there was a little more chat going on, on the Mayako Ebuggy section after David’s win at DNC with the prototype. Anything you want to ask, feel free.
Old 03-17-2022, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

The DNC results were impressive for a first major race. 5th place is good enough to demonstrate the buggy works - Ronnefalk did well!

As for nobody talking? Well, seems like the new generation of racers are into Facebook and discords. Forums are old-fashioned apparently.

RCTech has been the best place for technical discussions for decades.

Now, unless people are mid-argument, they don't feel inclined to post.
Old 03-17-2022, 01:59 AM
Tech Elite

It did kinda go dead. I think there was a little more chat going on, on the Mayako Ebuggy section after David’s win at DNC with the prototype. Anything you want to ask, feel free.
You'd have thought they'd also want to talk about the nitro result here. 5th place is very respectable.

RCTech is much quieter than ever before.
Old 03-17-2022, 06:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Horatio
The DNC results were impressive for a first major race. 5th place is good enough to demonstrate the buggy works - Ronnefalk did well!

As for nobody talking? Well, seems like the new generation of racers are into Facebook and discords. Forums are old-fashioned apparently.

RCTech has been the best place for technical discussions for decades.

Now, unless people are mid-argument, they don't feel inclined to post.
Agreed sadly, i miss the useful and easier to find info from rctech. Facebook is a mess of everyones unmoderated opinions and feelings.

As far as Mayako goes, as its a membership/subscriber only model while in pre-production state, most of the discussion is on discord and some private fb messenger threads.

I'll be finally running my car next weekend at RCGP. Been a looooonnnnggg winter in the north east ..

Horatio likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.