IGNITE DESIGN RC >

IGNITE DESIGN RC

Like Tree21Likes

IGNITE DESIGN RC

Old 01-15-2021, 03:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rcdad42 View Post
Does anyone know if they are going just to focus on the t6.1/6.2, or are they look at something like tlr's st?
Owner of the company is Chad Parks. Seems like he's just focusing on the T6.1 / T6.2 platform. Members of the facebook group have asked about Losi and he's strayed away from it.
Rcdad42 likes this.
Old 01-15-2021, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

Cool, each truck handles slightly different. Parts wise people will want to keep a similar vehicle on hand.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It wouldn't surprise me if someone worked on one for the 22T platform
Eric Tomczyk and Rcdad42 like this.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

I've seen a 22t conversion on this forum. It uses some xxx-nt parts
Old 01-19-2021, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

Alright, so lets add some build pics and thoughts and callouts if you're getting one of these kits so far

1. The receiver box is too small to fit any of the standard size Futaba receivers. Supposedlky Ignite is coming out with an extended box / top cover.
2. The Brake assembly is weird - the screw on the top hole of the brake caliper had to be filed down to not rub the slipper hub.
3. You must keep the side rails from the T6.1, cut them to become the servo mounts and standoffs on the front end of the chassis.
4. You can fit a reciever battery that fits the following dimensions - 85mm x 30mm x 16.5mm
5. Locktite everything
6. Don't forget to buy the (not included) AE clutch shim kit and Losi brass collet for the crankshaft.
7. You would likely want to get a small assortment of M3 screws as my kit seemed to have a few missing, but had the spares so worked out great.
8. You will need to remove quite a bit of material from the rear right suspension arm. Under compression, you'll see that it hits the spur gear. See my photos, I actually need to remove a bit more.
9. The spur gear bearing has a little play on the shaft, causing the gear to wobble a bit. It's possible to get it aligned but you'll need to set the mesh light enough to account for this or it will cause binding. This should realistically just be a bushing and not a bearing, with a tighter tolerance.
10. The parts quality of the kit is really great overall, and as it's a new home built kit it's to be expected that some tweaks are needed.

What you see in the photos below is a few nights of work. I need to get a pipe and manifold still and set up the throttle / brake linkage and I will be done. The cleaner the T6.1 / T6.1 you start from, the easier this will be. You will have the chassis, slipper front plate, spur and pads, battery strap / mounts and the motor plate leftover from your donor kit that you can sell if desired.

Start of the chassis assembly - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Up Close - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Installation of the trans brace - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Trans and suspension mounts installed - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Trans and suspension mounts up close

Don't forget the aluminum spacers between the trans brace plate and the trans. They're the small black aluminum items. - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Other side of trans brace - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Slipper installed - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

50% complete chassis and top plate - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Rear of the truck - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Bottom of the truck - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Completed brake assembly - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Engine installed, front end on and wheels / tires in. Also installed the steering servo. - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Os 18TZ should RIP! - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Electronic switch mounted under top plate and wires run into receiver box. - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Side view showing battery mounted under tank - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion
Buckland and Evoking1230 like this.

Last edited by shaveradam; 01-20-2021 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-20-2021, 04:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by shaveradam View Post
Alright, so lets add some build pics and thoughts and callouts if you're getting one of these kits so far

1. The receiver box is too small to fit any of the standard size Futaba receivers. Supposedlky Ignite is coming out with an extended box / top cover.
2. The Brake assembly is weird - the screw on the top hole of the brake caliper had to be filed down to not rub the slipper hub.
3. You must keep the side rails from the T6.1, cut them to become the servo mounts and standoffs on the front end of the chassis.
4. You can fit a reciever battery that fits the following dimensions - 85mm x 30mm x 16.5mm
5. Locktite everything
6. Don't forget to buy the (not included) AE clutch shim kit and Losi brass collet for the crankshaft.
7. You would likely want to get a small assortment of M3 screws as my kit seemed to have a few missing, but had the spares so worked out great.
8. The parts quality of the kit is really great overall, and as it's a new home built kit it's to be expected that some tweaks are needed.

What you see in the photos below is a few nights of work. I need to get a pipe and manifold still and set up the throttle / brake linkage and I will be done. The cleaner the T6.1 / T6.1 you start from, the easier this will be. You will have the chassis, slipper front plate, spur and pads, battery strap / mounts and the motor plate leftover from your donor kit that you can sell if desired.

Start of the chassis assembly - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Up Close - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Installation of the trans brace - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Trans and suspension mounts installed - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Trans and suspension mounts up close

Don't forget the aluminum spacers between the trans brace plate and the trans. They're the small black aluminum items. - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Other side of trans brace - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Slipper installed - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

50% complete chassis and top plate - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Bottom of the truck - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Completed brake assembly - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Engine installed, front end on and wheels / tires in. Also installed the steering servo. - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Os 18TZ should RIP! - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Electronic switch mounted under top plate and wires run into receiver box. - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion

Side view showing battery mounted under tank - Ignite Designs RC truck conversion
Nice review. I built mine and I noticed you didnít mention grinding the right rear suspension arm for spur gear clearance. I had to remove quite a lot of arm material for clearance at full up travel. Also, the receiver box is sized fine for Sanwa/Airtronics receivers. This is designed as a racerís kit IMO.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looking good!! I ll might get one next run!!
Old 01-20-2021, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Shaveradam, Thank You so much for the updates on your build!
Old 01-20-2021, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stephen_bess View Post
Nice review. I built mine and I noticed you didnít mention grinding the right rear suspension arm for spur gear clearance. I had to remove quite a lot of arm material for clearance at full up travel. Also, the receiver box is sized fine for Sanwa/Airtronics receivers. This is designed as a racerís kit IMO.

On the arm grinding, you're right. Should be visible in my photos but I will add to the itemized list. And as far as racer vs. basher etc, plenty of racers use Futaba (7px). There will barely be enough room for a small receiver and the additional wiring in the box.
Old 01-20-2021, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

If anyone is looking for one of the Ignite kits, they're still sold out from Ignite themselves but a member here posted one for sale in the classifieds. Same price as from Ignite directly.

Ignite RC gas truck conversion
Old 02-21-2021, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by shaveradam View Post
Owner of the company is Chad Parks. Seems like he's just focusing on the T6.1 / T6.2 platform. Members of the facebook group have asked about Losi and he's strayed away from it.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...composer=false

Looks like they are building a conversion kit for the tlr 22t
Eric Tomczyk likes this.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rcdad42 View Post
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...composer=false

Looks like they are building a conversion kit for the tlr 22t
Nice!
Rcdad42 likes this.
Old 02-22-2021, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

what pipes are people running? not feeling silicone couplers and the only gas truck exhaust i can find nowadays is from ths for the jato/rustler
Old 02-22-2021, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Rd logic still make pipes for 1/10 offroad
Old 02-23-2021, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I haven't posted on here in a while, and I almost completely lost interest in RC altogether (almost sold all my stuff). Thankfully someone got a few guys to run gas truck so I pulled my GT2 out of retirement and raced it and had a ton of fun. I started racing in 08 with a GT and it was great to go back to where it all began for me. Then I saw the Ignite conversion, and, well, I jumped on board! As others have noted it is not a cheap option ($300 Ignite Kit, $340 T6.2 kit - there's the price of a truggy kit already). I am selling off my vintage stuff to focus on this truck. I am still not into this hobby like I once was, but it'll be great to have a "current" truck that I race a few times over the summer to get my nitro fix in. Also, having parts in the hobby shop is going to be great, as trying to buy GT2 spare parts can get really expensive.
petersen114 and Rcdad42 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.