Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
If you were going to buy a Truggy, what would you buy? >

If you were going to buy a Truggy, what would you buy?

Like Tree4Likes

If you were going to buy a Truggy, what would you buy?

Old 09-21-2020, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Nope. Buy the Nitro if you want to have both. Less parts to buy to convert to E. Unless you have a worn out XB8 or XB9 donor like I do.

When Xrays propo's say ''optional'', they mean you can buy those options. They're not included. I made that mistake thinking that the Xb8 2020 included the ''optional'' C hub parts, but those have to be bought extra. $135ish I think.

I could have sworn that other companies have copied the Xrays nitro/electric compatibility. Mugen for sure. It's nice because if I'm not running Nitro, I can remove the electric parts from my obsolete Xb9E, so that I'll have two XB8e's ready to go for a big race weekend. Mix and match as you see fit.

Last edited by Zerodefect; 09-21-2020 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token View Post
All all the parts in the box for both though.. Asking cause I dont konw
No unfortunately not, you would have to buy the Nitro version and then buy the Electric conversion thru RC America.
But it's nice knowing they are compatible that way versus buying a whole new car or kit if a class is low or classes change during the course of the season at tracks.

Old 09-23-2020, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Coming from 3 RC8T3.1 to the new Serpent SRX8T, Its on another level!! Absolutely no comparaison in QC!!, Set up right, it turns as fast as the RC8 and much more stable. Its on par with Xray, Mugen and other high end truggies. I Have a serpent team that took me in, thats why i made the move! Now im switching buggies as well!
Old 09-23-2020, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Id get a TLR 8ight-XT! Not that Im biased or anything... (22 5.0 Elite, 22X-4...)
token likes this.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn View Post
Id get a TLR 8ight-XT! Not that Im biased or anything... (22 5.0 Elite, 22X-4...)
TLR sucks ASS!!!! I just got out of TLR, they sucks litteraly! That would be the last truggy on my list!!
Old 09-24-2020, 11:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just built a TLR 8XT and I'm very impressed with the quality parts and workmanship of this kit.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

If I had to buy one today Id get 8xt. 2nd mugen. If begining of next season maybe 8xt or tekno or hb.
Old 09-30-2020, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

Everyone has their brand they prefer or are loyal to. All the brands have their pros and cons, but my personal first choice would be Kyosho, Mugen second.
the Japanese 1/8 scale rigs are top notch quality and have a deep history of design innovation and winning.
TNneedsrctracks likes this.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GeorgeCk View Post
I have 4x hyper st pro kits and they have been super tough for me..
The 1st one has more than 10x gallon on it, including bashing, high jumps and track time and nothing broke so far..
I am very happy with the handling and driving characteristics of them, that is why I have 4 of them!!
​​​​​​Off course the others mentioned here are of higher quality and price than the st pro but it all depends on what you need it for.
For racing there are better more adjustable truggies than the st pro for sure.
I had an st non pro version back in the day and loved that thing. So light and nimble it almost felt more like a buggy and at that time it had to of been the best Truggy weight wise. In the future from now, I will- one day- pick another one up if its not to late and its no longer even around to talk about. Just so I can reminisk