NEWCOMER / LOSI 8ight / SANWA M12S -RS-

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Losi215

NEWCOMER / LOSI 8ight / SANWA M12S -RS-

Old 08-09-2020, 11:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Default NEWCOMER / LOSI 8ight / SANWA M12S -RS-

Hey guys,

im new into this rc Nitro car world.... But it took me by Storm!!!

I started out 3 weeks ago with purchasing a HSP 1/10 Nitro Warhead..... As the speaking say’s “You get what you pay for” it took me a day and a half to find that out..... !!! Now I have ordered a Losi 8ight X elite Nitro Buggy and a Sanwa M12S-RS Radio system. The dealer ( European since I’m located in Denmark ) suggested a Spektrum 5 rigged or something like that.... but I was reading, reading and reading and found out ( I hope ) that the Sanwa was a better option / choice. My question is now.;

“What would you guy’s suggest as servo, since that is not in the kit ( car ) ???

I’m really totally on “Baseline Zero” in this nitro world, and everything gone wrong with that cheap Chinese HSP car, but im a many years international-high level- Motocross rider, and working 12 years in the Audi, Volkswagen group as Technicians ( lately high voltage / hybrid Expert ) so my technical / mechanical understanding is acceptable, to get a few hours of fun inside this nitro world...!!! Please let me know guy’s if you have any good suggestions, or I general good advices for a totally “Green Blank Newcomer” to the sport..... !!!

( look forward to receive the Losi!!! I think easily those cheep Chinese car’s can be a important factor in many people leaving your sport, since they will face many mechanical problems, not so easy to solve for boys / people how doesn’t necessarily have the time or “know-how” to gain the necessary info to get it all rolling..... pitty shame..... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

look’s forward for some good advices 🙏🙏🙏

THANKS

Best Regards

Kasper

Denmark
Old 08-09-2020, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Alexander86 View Post
Hey guys,

I started out 3 weeks ago with purchasing a HSP 1/10 Nitro Warhead..... As the speaking say’s “You get what you pay for” it took me a day and a half to find that out..... !!! Now I have ordered a Losi 8ight X elite Nitro Buggy and a Sanwa M12S-RS Radio system. The dealer ( European since I’m located in Denmark ) suggested a Spektrum 5 rigged or something like that.... but I was reading, reading and reading and found out ( I hope ) that the Sanwa was a better option / choice. My question is now.;

“What would you guy’s suggest as servo, since that is not in the kit ( car ) ???

I’m really totally on “Baseline Zero” in this nitro world, and everything gone wrong with that cheap Chinese HSP car, but im a many years international-high level- Motocross rider, and working 12 years in the Audi, Volkswagen group as Technicians ( lately high voltage / hybrid Expert ) so my technical / mechanical understanding is acceptable, to get a few hours of fun inside this nitro world...!!! Please let me know guy’s if you have any good suggestions, or I general good advices for a totally “Green Blank Newcomer” to the sport..... !!!

( look forward to receive the Losi!!! I think easily those cheep Chinese car’s can be a important factor in many people leaving your sport, since they will face many mechanical problems, not so easy to solve for boys / people how doesn’t necessarily have the time or “know-how” to gain the necessary info to get it all rolling..... pitty shame..... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

THANKS

Best Regards

Kasper

Denmark
welcome to the forum brother. You’re literally going to be blown away by this losi kit compared to the Hsp. Not even in the same league and the losi is miles ahead in every single way. So congrats on the purchase. I would recommend some standard size servos from company’s like MKs, Hitec, Futaba, Ko propo, savox, and maybe a few others. Looks into servos in the 70 dollar and up range if you can swing the cost. I personally run ecopower wp120 servos. People will say they are hit or miss, but for 70$ they have great specs and I haven’t had any issues. I will say most racers run super high end ko propo and Futaba servos, sometimes costing well over 200$ a piece. I’m sure they are incredible but anything with all metal gears, 300oz of torque, .10 or less speed, and like I said in the 70$ and up range should do you swell. Good luck with the kit building, this forum is full of brilliant rc racers who will be happy to help. Take care
outcast32 likes this.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Alexander86 View Post
Hey guys,

THANKS

Best Regards

Kasper

Denmark
I would suggest a DX5Pro and Spektrum S6280 servos.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Sanwa was a very wise choice. Dodged a bullet there.

I use a Hitec 7950 for steering, 7940 for throttle. And I use the included plastic horns.
Old 08-16-2020, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm getting back into the hobby after being away for 5 years. When looking for a servo for my Tekno ET410.2 I chose the MKS HBL550 and plan on getting them for my 8ight X Elite as well. If the specs hold true, it is a good bang for your buck option.